The Apple Watch is an excellent device with turns of features that set the smartwatch market on fire. However, the beauty of your Apple watch is to be able to pair your Apple Watch with your phone. Therefore, we will consider how to pair Apple watch to new phone without old phone and how you can easily pair your Apple phone to your new Phone without hassle to be aable to enjoy the full benefits and functionality that the Apple Watch has to offer.
The Apple Watch is one of the most popular wearable devices that can be used with various devices and is known to sync seamlessly with other devices in the Apple ecosystem, such as the iPhone. At the same time, the Apple Wach is excellent for fitness enthusiasts as it helps track your fitness routines and progress.
It is also of great use to tech-savvy professionals and individuals who want to experience the convenience that comes with owning a smartwatch.
It also helps that the Apple Watch comes in beautiful designs and is durable, so you can be sure of getting great value for your money.
If you have recently acquired an Apple watch, you can learn all you need to know about how to pair an Apple watch to compatible devices by reading the remaining sections of this article.
How to Pair An Apple Watch With an iPhone
The iPhone is the most common device to pair with an Apple watch, offering the full functionality and experience of using an Apple watch.
Before you pair an Apple watch with your iPhone, you need to ensure that your iPhone meets the compatibility requirement and that you are currently using the latest version of your iPhone’s operating system.
If you have confirmed that you have met the requirements, you can pair an Apple watch with your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Wear your Apple Watch and adjust the straps so that it is snugly secured to your wrist.
- Then turn on the Apple watch by pressing the side button until the Apple Logo appears.
- Then place your iPhone close to the Apple Watch until the pairing screen appears on your phone.
- Then tap Continue and click on the Set up for yourself option.
- Then follow the instructions that will appear to complete the pairing process.
- If the pairing screen does not appear after placing both devices close, you should launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select the pair new watch option.
- Then select the Set up for Myself option from the menu and place your iPhone so your Apple Watch is visible in the device’s viewfinder.
- Then select the Setup Apple Watch option and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to pair an Apple Watch to your iPhone.
You can also check out How to Find Serial Number on iPhone.
How to Pair Apple Watch to New Phone without Old Phone
The first step you need to remember before pairing an Apple watch with a new iPhone is to back up the data on your watch to ensure that it does not get lost and can be easily transferred and synced with the new iPhone.
Follow the steps below to back up your Apple Watch:
- Go to your iPhone Settings
- Tap on your name
- Choose “iCloud.”
- Turn on the “Control” if it’s turned “Off.”
- Click on “iCloud” again.
- Choose “iCloud Backup.”
- Enable “Control” if it’s turned “Off.
Once you are done with the backup, you can pair your Apple watch to a new iPhone without the old phone so that your data will remain intact when you pair your Apple watch with the new phone.
To do this you can simply follow the instructions below.
- Ensure you have an excellent internet connection and enough battery power on your Apple Watch and iPhone.
- Then place both devices nearby, then click on the continue button once the pairing screen appears on your iPhone.
- Then follow the instructions that will appear on your phone and Apple watch to complete pairing both devices.
To ensure that you have correctly connected both devices, you can perform some functions on your Apple Watch, and once it performs as expected, you have successfully paired your Apple Watch to a new iPhone.
How to Unpair an Apple Watch
If you no longer want to use your iPhone with your Apple Watch, you can easily unpair an Apple Watch by following the instructions below.
- Place the Apple Watch and iPhone in proximity to each other.
- Then launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and click on the My Watch tab.
- Then click the All Watches menu to see the list of all paired Apple Watches on the iPhone.
- Then tap the info button next to the name of the Apple Watch you want to unpair.
- Then tap the unpair Apple Watches option and click on unpair Apple Watch beside the name of your Watch.
- Then tap the unpair process and wait for the devices to complete the unpairing process from each other.
If you have followed the instructions above, your Apple Watch should have been unpaired from your iPhone, and you can confirm this by attempting to use the Apple Watch with your iPhone.
You can always re-Pair the Apple Watch with your iPhone anytime you deem fit.
How to Pair an Apple Watch to an Android Phone
Although the Apple Watch is primarily designed to work with an iPhone and other devices in the Apple ecosystem, it is still possible to use it with an Android phone, and the only difference is that you would only be able to enjoy quite limited functionality when using the Apple Watch with your android phone,
If the limited functionality is not an issue, you can pair an Apple Watch to your Android phone by following the instructions below.
- Go to the play store on your Android phone and download the watch connectivity and wear OS app.
- Then go to your phone’s settings menu and turn on your Bluetooth.
- Then turn on your Apple watch by pressing the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- Then launch the Watch connectivity app on your Android phone and follow the onscreen instructions to grant the necessary permissions and allow the app to access your location and Bluetooth.
- Launch the Wear OS app.
- Select the Set up a new Watch option and choose Apple Watch.
- Your Android phone will then scan nearby devices for any available Apple Watch, and you can tap your Apple Watch name once it appears on the screen.
- Then follow the prompts appearing on both devices to complete the process.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to pair your Apple Watch to an Android phone, and you can begin enjoying the benefits of using an Apple smartwatch.
How to Pair Apple Watch to a New iPhone 13
If you own a new iPhone 13, you can pair your Apple Watch to the device by following the instructions below.
- Back up the existing data on your Apple Watch to ensure a seamless sync between both devices.
- Then ensure your iPhone and Apple Watch have excellent battery life and a strong internet connection.
- Then place both devices close to one another, and when the pairing screen appears on the phone, you should tap the continue button.
- Then adhere to the prompts displayed on both devices to complete the process.
Once the pairing process is complete, you can start using and enjoying the full features and functionality of your Apple watch.
In conclusion, you can pair your Apple watch to your Android and iPhone. However, always be kind enough to back up your Apple watch before you go ahead to pair your Apple watch to a new device. With this guide, you should have learned how to pair Apple watch to new phone without old phone