If you are stuck trying to figure out how to find serial number on iPhone device, there are a few things you need to understand.
Firstly, every iPhone has a unique serial number that is used to identify the device and track it in case it is lost or stolen.
What this means is that if you know your iPhone’s serial number, you can bail yourself out of some tight scenarios, such as when you need to contact AppleCare for support or track the status of a repair.
Fortunately, finding the serial number of your iPhone is quite easy. The serial number can be found on the iPhone itself.
To make it even better, there are six different ways to find the serial number on your iPhone. If you are curious about that, keep reading as I will be exposing all the different ways to get your serial number.
How to Find the Serial Number on iPhone
Getting the serial number on your iPhone is a no-brainer procedure. However, not everyone sees things the same, and some might have a hard time figuring out how to find the number.
If you are having trouble finding yours, proceed to this point; I will be listing them here to begin obtaining the dot-net address where they are stored.
Just like an Android device, you can always get more intricate details about your smartphone by visiting the settings. For example, you can find such information in the developer’s section.
But if you are using an iPhone and you are looking for more detail about the phone, you have to get that by going through the settings app.
Here is how you should go about it.
- Turn on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Settings and launch it.
- Tap on general operations; you can see it from the menu.
- Tap on the About option.
- Once it opens up, you will see your phone number.
NB: You can decide to screenshot it or save it by noting it down.
iTunes is for iOS users, and it is also an app that connects your phone with the Apple online service. You do not need to have it installed to see your serial number on it.
Here is what you have to do.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Connect your iPhone to your Windows PC.
- Launch the iTunes app on your Windows PC.
- Now, wait for both devices to connect.
- Click the Mini iPhone icon.
- After doing that, you will see all the details of your iPhone, including the serial number and model number.
Use Mac to Find iPhone Serial Number
If you have a MacBook, you can also use it to locate your serial number with ease. However, you might have to make use of the Finders app.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using the lightning cable.
- Next, launch the Finder app.
- Go to the Locations menu.
- Select iPhone.
- Over here, you will see the iPhone serial number along with other info.
On Apple’s Official Website
Aside from your smartphone or tablet, did you know you can get your iPhone serial number from Apple’s official website?
If you have never tried it before, here is how you should go about it:
- Visit Apple ID’s official website.
- Log in to your Apple account.
- Navigate to the device and select it.
After doing all that, the screen will show you the list of Apple devices that are using the same Apple ID.
Kindly locate your iPhone among the list and tap on it to see the details like the serial number, phone number, IMEI, and iOS-built version.
This can only work on the condition that your iPad is synced with your iPhone; if it isn’t, it won’t work.
However, if that is not the case, I can show you how to reduce the
- Get your iPad and navigate to Settings.
- Now tap on the Apple ID.
- Afterwards, scroll down to the Connected Devices option and click it.
- Over here, you should see your iPhone device if it is connected.
- Here, you will see all the details, including the serial number, IMEI, iOS version, and phone number.
Use your iPhone
As bizarre and odd as this may sound to you, one thing you need to understand is that the serial number is embedded in the back of the phone.
However, not all iPhones usually have it below; the ones that do have it
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
However, if you are using a later version of it,
- iPhone 6/7/8 series
- iPhone XS series
- iPhone XR and iPhone SE, 2nd generation
Use the Box to Find an iPhone Serial Number
If your mobile is misplaced or inoperable, it is recommended that you keep the packaging box, as it contains all the necessary details such as the model, serial number, model number, IMEI, etc. located at the bottom of the box. This way, you can easily access this information in case of an emergency.
Finding the serial number of your iPhone can be a useful tool when you need to identify your device or access support services. With a few simple steps, you can locate the serial number of your iPhone to help you track down a lost phone or access support services.
If you are having any issues with it, feel free to Apple Inc and the police force.