What importance did power cycling have on the Wyze camera, or is it possible to power cycle your Wyze camera? Well, we will discuss how to power cycle Wyze camera in this article.
The power cycle is the process in which you take to restart a device by removing the power cable from the wall socket and reinserting it into the socket again to the power source.
However, the power cycle is different from a reboot or restarting the device as regards the power cycling definition. So, here we will take a look at how you can restart a Wyze camera and how to power cycle a Wyze camera if you have one.
Learn how to reset your Wyze Camera pan v2 and Cam V3 if it’s malfunctioning.
What is Wyze Camera Power Cycle?
The Wyze camera power cycle is the process to remove the Wyze camera from the power source, wait for a couple of minutes, plug the Wyze cam into the power source and turn on the camera.
It’s worth noting that there is no power cycle button in the Wyze camera to power cycle the gadget without removing the power cable from the power source.
This, however, is different from when you restart or reboot the Wyze camera using the camera reboot option.
The Wyze camera power cycle process will power the camera fully without depending on store charges. While some people refer to the power cycle as a hard reset, some refer to it as a soft reset for gadgets and smart home gadgets.
Reason to Power Cycle Wyze Camera
The core reason why power cycling a Wyze camera is because of the error code and if the camera is malfunctioning when the device is upgraded to the latest firmware.
Therefore, how to power cycle Wyze camera error code 90 requires unplugging and plugging the Wyze camera from the power source or outlet.
However, when it comes to how to Wyze camera fix error code 90, we recommend that you should check out this complete guide on how to fix Wyze camera error code 90.
For the best Wyze camera, I recommend this Wyze camera product.
How to Power Cycle Wyze Cam V2
The steps below explain how to power cycle the Wyze camera pan V2.
- Remove the Wyze camera V2 power cable from the power source or power outlet. You can also remove it from the cam itself.
- Wait for about 50 seconds for the Wyze cam v2 to discharge all the stored charges.
- Insert the plug into the Wyze camera or power source and turn on the Wyze camera by pressing the power button.
Wait for the Wyze cam to begin initialization. Once the initialization is complete, the Wyze cam will turn on and start working perfectly.
How to Power Cycle Wyze Camera V3
The process to power cycle the Wyze Camera V3 is similar to the steps we shared above on how to power cycle Wyze cam V2. However, if you are confused, follow the steps below.
- Unplug the Wyze Cam V3 cable from the camera or power source.
- Wait for 30 – 60 seconds for the camera to discharge completely.
- Plug the cable into the power source or camera and initiate the camera.
Once the initiation is completed, the Wyze camera error code 90 should be fixed if it.
How to Power Cycle Wyze Camera
The process to power a cycle a Wyze camera is simple and straightforward. Therefore, we will walk you through the steps to take to quickly power cycle your Wyze cam to discharge completely.
- Unplug your Wyze camera power cable
- Wait for about 30 seconds or more
- Plug the power cable into the Wyze camera and power source.
- Turn on the Wyze camera.
With the steps above, your Wyze camera will discharge completely and fix all associating errors.
How to Power Cycle Wyze Doorbell Camera Network
If you have got the Wyze doorbell camera, below are the steps to take to power cycle the Wyze doorbell camera to discharge fully.
- Unplug the Wyze doorbell camera cable from the power source.
- Wait for about 10 seconds so that the doorbell camera can discharge fully.
- Plug the cable into the power source and initiate the doorbell camera.
Power cycling a Wyze doorbell camera helps to reboot the camera network and clear your camera potential congestion that may cause the doorbell to malfunction.
How to Power Cycle Wyze Doorbell Camera
The process to power cycle a Wyze doorbell camera is stated below. Follow the steps below to power cycle and discharge your Wyze doorbell camera.
- Flip the Wyze doorbell camera breaker.
- Switch the doorbell camera to “Off.”
- Wait for about 30 seconds (recommended).
- Toggle the breaker from “Off” to “On.”
For our recommended Wyze doorbell camera, kindly check out this Wyze doorbell camera product.
In summary: You need to remove the Wyze camera cable from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds to discharge completely and initiate the Wyze cam to power cycle the camera.