If you’ve been having issues with your Wyze Camera, there are different ways you can resolve them, such as carrying out a power cycle, checking the wifi, ensuring the Mirco Sd cards are working properly, etc.
But, if after doing all these, the issue you are facing isn’t resolved yet, you might need to Reset Wyze Cam.
Resetting Wyze Cam may not be a glamourous step, because, eventually the process will delete all the custom settings you have made since the period you began using the Wyze cam, and that might be something you don’t want to do.
However, in a scenario where you’ve forgotten your password, then a reset is the obvious solution, but if it isn’t a password related issue, then you have to do some checks before you finally carry out a hard reset on your Wyze cam.
Before performing a reset on your Wyze cam. here are a few things you ought to try.
What you need to do Before your Reset your Wyze Camera
Before you kick start the Wyze cam Reset process, there are a few things you need to do, sometimes the problem at hand you’re thinking requires a reset might be a little issue that could be resolved by powering it OFF and then ON.
Also, it might be a more serious issue, for example, “your Wyze Cam isn’t responsive”.
In this case, your best bet will be to try all alternatives you can before you Reset Wyze cam. Moving forward, below are some things you should check.
Check your Wifi
Since most Wyze Cam error related issues are caused by poor communication. The first and most practical thing you should check is your wifi connection.
While checking your Wifi connection, ensure that your internet is stable. also, check if there aren’t other wifi interfering with your device.
After checking all these and your Wifi isn’t working properly, kindly follow these steps below:
- Restart your Wifi Router by turning it OFF, while being patient for a minute and then turning it ON
- Next, confirm if the Wifi devices are connecting to your ROuter. if they are your wifi is okay
- However, if it is indicating a weak signal, move the Wyze device closer to the router, if while doing this, you notice that the Wyze cam connection gets stronger and maybe you don’t intend on changing where your Wifi Router and the Wyze security cam are located an alternative action is to get a wifi extender
- You can learn more about how to use a wifif extender over here
Check the Wyze Status Page
Now, if your Wifi is working as it is supposed to, the next thing you should check is the status page.
If Wyze’s servers are experiencing issues, then you’ll need to periodically check back until all issues are resolved on their end.
Update the firmware
Sometimes, the current firmware might have some bugs, which can make the Wyze cam malfunction, to deal with this, you will need to update the firmware, maybe the current firmware version is the one causing the current issue you are having.
If after updating the firmware your Wyze Cam starts working correctly It means the issue was from the Wyze cam.
If you’re not sure how to update your firmware simply follow these:
- Launch the Wyze app
- Now, select the camera you are having issues with.
- As soon as you’ve selected the camera, instantly it will begin to look for any available firmware updates.
- If finds any update you will be prompted before the firmware begins with the update process.
- To start the update procedure. Tap Yes on the prompt.
Now, In a scenario where the camera doesn’t ask if you want to upgrade your firmware version, you can decide to check manually by clicking the gear icon > Device Info > Check Update and then Upgrade.
if after updating your firmware, you aren’t seeing any noticeable change, kindly do this:
Reinstall the Wyze App
Doing any of these should solve the issues you are facing with your Wyze cam, however, if after trying out all of them and, the problem keeps persisting, then, you should reset the Wyze cam device.
How To Reset Wyze Cam
The Wyze Cam device has different versions and the process to hard reset each of these versions is a bit different, and below I will be breaking down how to reset each of the versions starting with the Wyze Cam V1
How To Factory Reset Wyze Cam V1
Quite a handful of people are still using the Wyze Cam v1. The Wyze cam V1 is compatible with Google Home but you can’t use it with Alexa. However, it is advisable to upgrade to other versions since the company has stated that it won’t support the product anymore in the email is sent to its users,
For those still using the Wyze Cam V1, here’s how to reset it:
- Get your Wyze Cam Device and remove the Micro SD card from it.
- While doing this, do not Remove the Power Plug from the Wyze Cam V1.
- Now, locate the “Setup” button, which is at the back of the camera and press it for at least 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, release your hands off the button, after about 1 minute the reset process will be completed.
- As soon as the process is completed The Solid Yellow light will change to a blinking light.
Moving on to Wyze Cam V2.
How To Factory Reset Wyze Cam V2
The Wyze Cam V2 has an identical look to the first version.
One of the benefits of the second version is its compatibility with Amazon’s Alexa, which the first version isn’t compatible with. The process of Hard resting this version is slightly different from the first one
To Reset the Wyze V2 kindly follow these steps below:
- On your Wyze Cam V2 Device Carefully Remove the Micro SD card.
- Ensure that the power is still plugged in while doing this.
- Now, press and hold the “Setup” button at the back of the camera for at least 5 seconds.
- After doing that, wait for a minute, by now the reset process should be completed
- You will notice that the solid yellow light has changed to a blinking light once the reset process has been completed
Since you’ve finally factory reset your Wyze cam V2 you can begin to set it up
moving forward, if you’re using a Wyze Cam Pan, here is how you can reset your device
How To Factory Reset Wyze Cam Pan
The Wyze Cam pan is quite different from the previous versions based on its appearance. not only that, but it has moving parts too, which is quite impressive from its user experience team.
moving forward, if you have a Wyze Cam Pan device and you want to reset it follow the steps below:
- Remove the Micro SD Card from the back of the device while keeping it plugged into a power source.
- Now, press and hold down the Setup button on the back of the camera for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- After doing this, wait for a minute and the yellow light at the back of the camera should start blinking.
There isn’t much difference between the setup process of each version, since they are similar to each other. But you have to make sure you can see a blinking light before you can ascertain that the process has been successful
You might only have to restart the setup process as your custom settings will have been cleared, but if after resetting it the issues persist you need to contact Wyze customer support
Feel free to share the problem you are facing with the Wyze cam that brought you here in the comment section.