This article will walk you through how to print on Mac computer just like most of us do on Windows. So, if you are having a difficult time printing on your macOS computer this article will end your hassle and we will talk endlessly about how you can print Word documents on your Mac.
A Macbook is an excellent laptop to own, as it provides many excellent features and makes working with a laptop straightforward with its good user experience.
As with any typical laptop, you can use your Macbook to type documents of different formats, save the documents, and print them if you desire.
If you are new to using a Macbook and are unsure about the steps necessary to print on MAC, the next section of this article is what you need.
How to Print on MAC
We will discuss how you can print on your MAC in this section of the article; however, before you can print on MAC, you will need to first connect a printer to your MAC and add it to the printer list.
How to Add a Printer to your MAC’s Printer List
Before you can print on MAC, you need to add the printer you’d use to print to the printer list. When the printer is added, your MacOS will use AirPrint to connect to the printer or automatically download the printer’s software.
If you use a USB printer, you can connect it to your MAC by following the instructions below.
- Ensure that the printer software on your MAC is up to date; if not, you need to install the new update.
- Then connect all the necessary parts of your printer, and turn it on, confirming that the printer is not displaying any error.
- Then use the USB cable that came with the printer to connect it to your MAC, and download any software you are prompted to download on your MAC.
If you are using wifi or a network printer, you can connect it to your MAC by following the instructions below.
- Update your MAC printer software if there is an update available.
- Then put your printer in place, and turn it on, ensuring it is not displaying any error.
- Then follow the instructions that came with your printer to connect it to the network.
- Then ensure that your MAC is connected to the same wifi as your printer.
- Now click on the Apple menu icon and select system settings.
- Then select printer and scanners from the sidebar, and click on the add printer icon.
- Then select your printer and click add.
Once you have added your printer to the printer’s list on your MAC, the next step is to print on MAC.
You can also Check Out Some Of The Best Printer Types For Office Use.
How to Print on MAC after Adding Printer
If you have added the printer of your choice to your MAC’s printers list, you can print on MAC by following the steps below.
- Open the document you want to print on your MAC and select the file.
- Then click print to open the print dialog box and get a preview of the document.
- If the document is to your taste, you can click on the print icon to print it.
- If the document is not how you want it to be, you can make the necessary adjustments and click print.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to print successfully on MAC.
How to Print on MAC Shortcut
If you have connected your MAC to the printer you would like to use to print, you can print any document on your Macbook using the shortcut by following the step below.
- Open the document you want to print.
- Then press Command P to open the print dialog.
- Then click print to print the hard copy of the document.
How to Print on Macbook Air
If you own a Macbook air, you would need to connect the printer to your MacBook before you can print with it.
You can connect your Macbook to your printer by following the instructions below.
- Update your MacBook’s printer software.
- Then set up and turn on your printer.
- Then click on your Apple menu and select system settings.
- Then click on add printer, select your printer when it appears, and click add.
Once you have added the printer to your Macbook air printer list, you can print any document using your Macbook air by following the steps below.
- Open the document you want to print on your Macbook air.
- Then click on the file and select print to open the print dialog.
- Preview the document to confirm that there is no need for further adjustment, then click on the print button to print it.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to print your document from your Macbook air using the printer of your choice.
How to Print on Macbook From Google Docs
If the document you want to print on your Macbook is on your Google docs, you can print it by following the instructions below.
- Open your Chrome browser on your Macbook and go to your Google docs.
- Then open the document in Google docs and click on the file tab.
- Then click on print, and choose your print settings in the dialog box that will appear on your screen.
- You can then click print when you are satisfied with the document.
If you follow the instructions above, you should have no issue printing any document from your Google docs using your Macbook.
How to Print on MAC With Safari
The Safari browser is one of the best browsers you can use to browse on your Macbook, and if a webpage caught your interest while browsing with Safari on your Mac, you could print it by following the steps below.
- Using the Safari app, click on the file option.
- Then select print, and a popup menu will appear on your screen.
- Then click on Safari from the available options, and set the webpage printing options.
- Then click print to print out the webpage.
This article has given a step-by-step explanation of how you can print on your Mac, and we also looked at the available shortcuts and how you can print from Google docs.
Always remember that before you can print on your Macbook, you need to add the printer you would use to your MacBook’s printers list.