Have you been having some difficulties with your Oculus quest 2? Then you might need to reboot Oculus quest 2 to resolve the issue. Read through this article to learn how to reboot Oculus quest 2.
The Oculus quest 2, which is now known as meta quest 2, is the go-to virtual reality device for many virtual reality gamers and enthusiasts. Its wireless connectivity, excellent graphics, display screen, and ample storage space are prominent.
It can be used to carry out different activities like watching a virtual reality movie, playing a virtual reality game, and listening to music.
However, just like every available device, you might experience specific issues that might prevent your device from performing optimally, which can be pretty frustrating to you as the user.
You do not need to panic when this occurs because a lot of times, all you need to resolve the issue is to reboot Oculus quest 2.
Therefore, the section of this article below will explain how to reboot Oculus quest 2.
How to Reboot Oculus Quest 2
You can quickly reboot Oculus quest 2 by following very simple steps. Also, note that rebooting can be used synonymously as restart, so the steps required to reboot Oculus quest 2 is also the step needed to restart Oculus quest 2.
There are two methods you can use to reboot Oculus quest 2, depending on whether or not you can turn on your Oculus quest 2 headset.
If you can turn on your Oculus quest 2 headset, then follow the steps below to reboot Oculus quest 2.
- Turn on your Oculus quest 2 headset.
- Then press and hold down the power button located on the right side of your headset till the power off screen appears.
- Then select restart and the headset will automatically restart itself.
If you have followed these simple steps, then you have been able to reboot Oculus quest 2; you can then use your headset to confirm the issue has been resolved.
If your Oculus quest 2 virtual reality device is not turning on, then follow the instructions given below to reboot Oculus quest 2.
- Manually turn off your Oculus quest 2 headset by pressing and holding down the power button for approximately 10 seconds or till the headset turns off.
- Then after about 30 seconds, press and hold down the power button till your headset turns on.
If you have followed the simple instructions given above, then you have been able to reboot Oculus quest 2 and can use the headset to confirm that the issue has been fixed.
You can also learn more about How to Change your Credit Card on Oculus Quest 2
How to Reset Oculus Quest 2 Without App
If you have been able to reboot your Oculus quest 2, but the Oculus Quest headset is still not functioning properly, the next logical step will be to factory reset Oculus quest 2.
However, note that factory resetting Oculus quest 2 will wipe away every available data on the device, including your account information, downloaded games, and contents.
If you do not have access to the Oculus app, your can still factory reset Oculus quest 2 by following the steps below.
- Switch off your Oculus quest virtual reality headset.
- Then simultaneously press the power and the volume (-) button on your headset until the boot screen appears.
- Now, use the volume button to navigate to the factory reset option and press the power button.
- Now, use the volume button to navigate to the yes option, and press down the power button.
If you have followed the instruction given above, you have been able to factory reset Oculus quest 2 without using the Oculus app.
How to Reset Oculus Quest 2 Pin
If you think your Oculus quest 2 pin has been compromised or forgot your pin and would like to get another one, this section of the article is for you.
If you can still remember your pin, but would still like to change it, then you can use either of the methods listed below.
Change your pin using the Oculus PC app.
Follow the steps below to change your pin using the PC app
- Open the Oculus app on your PC
- Then click on the Settings option on the left side of the menu screen.
- Then from the settings menu, select Oculus pin.
- Now enter your new pin.
- Then input your password to confirm the change and click submit.
Change your pin using the Oculus website.
Follow the instructions given below to change your pin using the Oculus website.
- Open your browser and navigate to your profile on the Oculus website.
- Then select security from the left menu list.
- Now click on the edit button beside the pin.
- Then enter both your current and new pin and click save.
Change your pin using the Oculus mobile app.
Follow the instructions given below to change your pin using the Oculus mobile app.
- Open the mobile app on your phone and click on your profile picture on the left side of your screen.
- Then select account settings and enter your new and old pins.
- Then click on submit.
You can use either of the methods listed above to change your Oculus pin.
How to get a new Pin if you have Forgotten your Pin
If for some reason, you no longer remember your pin, you can get an email from Oculus containing a link to reset your pin.
Follow the steps below to get another pin if you have forgotten your Oculus pin.
- Open your browser and go to your profile on the Oculus website.
- Then select the security option showing on the left side of your screen.
- Then click the edit button beside the pin option.
- Under the save option, select forgot pin.
- Then click on the request pin reset option.
- Then follow the instructions given in the email sent to you to get a new pin.
If the email does not arrive in your inbox after a while, you can check your spam folder for a mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you still did not find any mail from that address, request another mail by following the instructions given again.
If I Factory Reset Oculus Quest 2, will I lose my Games?
When you factory reset Oculus quest 2, you will only lose the games downloaded to the Oculus quest 2 headset.
Your downloaded games and every other content will still be on your account, and you only have to re-download it back to your Oculus quest 2 headset after a factory reset.
This article has explained how to reboot Oculus quest 2. We also looked at how to reset the Oculus pin, and factory reset Oculus quest 2.
However, always remember to reboot Oculus quest 2 before resorting to performing a factory reset on it, as a factory reset will make you lose your data and should only be your last resort.