If you are here looking for how to reset Philips Hue bulb with Alexa and serial number you checking out the right article. We will not only consider how to reset your Philips Hue bulbs in this guide we will also consider how to use third-party devices like Alexa to reset your Philips Hue bulb and how you can restore your Philips Hue bulb to factory settings with just your Philips bulb serial number.
When you reset your Philips Hue bulbs to the default setting it restores the smart bulb to the default settings and deletes all your personal configuration from the bulb. However, to use the bulb after you have reset it you’d need to reconfigure the smart bulb to suit your need.
So, here we will take you through how to reset Philips Hue bulbs using all the possible methods you can ever think of.
NOTE: You can use the table of contents to navigate to how you can reset it without a bridge.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulb with a Bridge
By following the steps below you will be able to reset your Philips Hue bulb with a bridge.
- Turn on the “Bridge.”
- Remove your “Ethernet” cable from the bridge.
- Turn down the bridge with the bottom facing up.
- Use the “SIM injector” tool to press and hold for 5 seconds.
- The LED light on the front of the bridge will start blinking to confirm that the reset process is ongoing.
- Wait for the LED light to stop blinking and after that, your Philips Hue bulb would reset successfully.
Now, you can begin to set up your Philips Hue bulb once again. Meanwhile, the steps above will delete all your Philips Hue light and screens.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulbs with Hue App
By following the steps below you will be able to reset your Philips Hue bulbs with the Hue app on your mobile phone.
- Launch the Hue app.
- On the bottom side of the screen tap on the setting icon.
- Now, tap on Lights to show your available bulbs
- Push the blue + icon on the screen’s right corner
- Now, connect your bulb by Selecting Search. Over here you can also use the serial number to add the bulb although that might take a while since you are doing that manually or else continue with the next step.
- Wait for the app to connect with the unassigned bulb
- Finally, tap on Start configuration once your light is found
For those that do not have the Hue app but have Alexa, you can also reset your Philips Hue Bulbs with your Alexa device.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulb with Alexa
By following the steps below you will learn how to reset Philips Hue bulb with Alexa at home or in your office.
- Launch the Alexa app.
- Locate and tap on the Devices tab.
- Now, choose the light or bulb you want to reset.
- At the upper right corner click on the trash can icon.
- Finally, confirm that you want to delete the light from your system. and choose “Yes”
In You are using google home as a virtual assistant instead, here is how you can use your google home app to reset the Philips Hue bridge
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulb with Google Home
There is also a soft landing if you are using Google Home. So, here we will look at how to reset your Philips Hue bulb with Google Home.
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Log in to your Google account, it’s easy to verify by simply looking at the top corner of the app
- On the home, the name is highlighted across the top of the app you want to be double sure you are in the correct Home
- Select the Philips Hue light or bulb you’d like to reset
- In the upper right corner, click the Setting icon.
- Select Unlink Philips Hue from the menu that pops up.
- Confirm Unlink to complete the process.
- Select Philips Hue from the list of apps.
- Finally, confirm that you want to Unlink your account
Since you’ve figured out how to reset a Philips Hue bulb with a bridge using the Hue app or virtual assistant apps, here is how to do the same with a dimmer switch.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulb with Dimmer Switch
By following the step below you will learn how to reset Philips Hue bulb with dimmer switch.
- Get the dimmer switch and bring it within a distance of at least 6 inches with the bulb.
- Next, long-press the switch’s power button located at the top and the Hue button at the bottom. For older switches, use the power and power off buttons instead.
- After doing this, wait till the light bulb blinks three times. This indicates that the bulb has been reset to factory default settings.
With the steps above you can reset your Philips Hue using your Dimmer switch.
By now, you should have been well enlightened on how to reset the Philips hue bulb, now let’s proceed to the different ways you can do that without a bridge.
How to Factory Reset Philips Hue Bulb without Bridge
You don’t necessarily need a bridge to reset your Philips Hue bulbs. So, here, we will consider how to reset Philips Hue bulb without bridge.
Note: If you are using your Philips Hue bulb without a bridge you might not be able to access its advanced features just as Philips hue made mentioned.
“According to Philips Hue, you can make use us a Philip’s Hue without a hue bridge, however, you might not be able to access advanced features without a hue bridge. So, the hue bridge is an integral part of Philip Hue’s bulb and other gadgets to function properly.”
How to Delete an Accessory on the Philips Hue App Android
If you are using the Philips Hue app on your Android phone you can simply delete an accessory from the app. Therefore, by following the steps below you will learn how to delete an accessory on the Philips Hue app android
- Launch your Hue app.
- Go to the Setting tab.
- Locate the accessory you want to delete under the bridge section and Click it.
- Now, choose the light you want to reset.
- Tap on Delete.
- Confirm your decision.
Now, to use the accessory or the bulb, you’d need to add it again. To add the deleted bulb or accessory to the Philips Hue app be kind enough to follow the steps below.
- Click on the menu icon on the Hue App on the Home tab.
- Click on “Add” and follow the instruction on the screen to add the bulb again.
NOTE: The Hue app should be automatically detected by your smart bulb else you can add it using the Hue bulb serial number usually located at the base of each bulb.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulbs with Timed Sequence
With the timed sequence you can reset your Philips Hue bulbs. Therefore, we will consider how to reset a Philips Hue bulb with a time sequence.
- Turn off the light and wait for 5 seconds.
- Switch it on the light and leave it for 8 seconds.
- Turn it off for 2 seconds.
- Repeat this process 5 more times, it could be lesser than that, however, you should stop once the light bulb flashes.
Once the bulb flashes it implies that your Philips Hue bulb is reset successfully with the aid of the time sequence.
How to factory reset your Philips Hue bulb with bridge
This approach to performing a factory reset differs from others. It performs a full reset on the device, and you need the Philips Hue bridge to carry this out, Let’s delve into how you can do that.
- get your hue bridge and power it on, ensure the power’s status light is ON.
- Unplug the ethernet cable from the bridge, but keep the power plug in place.
- At the back of your Hue bridge, you will see a pinhole on the back just as demarcated by the picture below.
- Over there you will see a label that says “restore factory settings”.
- Now, take a pin and press the button in the hole for at least 5 seconds.
- After doing that, your hue bridge will perform a full reset, now you have to set up all your lights all over.
Since we’ve been able to resolve the issues of how to reset Philips Hue bulb let’s delve into related questions to this topic from Philips Hue users
Reset Hue Bulbs with Alexa
To reset your hue bulb with Alexa follow the steps below
- Launch the Alexa app.
- got to the Devices tab.
- choose the bulb you want to reset.
- Click the trash can icon.
- Lastly, confirm that you want to delete the light from your system
Philips Hue Pairing Mode
The Philips Hue pairing mode is quite easy and straightforward. So, if you want to put your light bulb in a pairing mode; switch it on and off till it starts blinking then follow the directions in the app you are using.
When it is paired it will change back to its original state.
How to Delete a Single Hue Light
- Open the Hue app.
- Head on over to the Settings tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Lights to show your available bulbs
- Pick which light you’d like to reset.
- Scroll down to the bottom of that screen and hit the big red Delete button.
- Confirm that you want to delete the light.
Philips Hue Bulb Not Connecting to Alexa and Google Home
What happens when your Philips Hue bulb not connecting popup on your device when you are trying to connect the Philips Hue bulb to your Alexa or Google Home assistant?
Well, when your Philips Hue bulb not connecting to Alexa or your Philips Hue bulb not connecting to Google Home, you need to do the following.
Here’s is what you can do
- Launch your Hue app:
- Go to settings > Hue Bridges
- Now, select your bridge by clicking the ‘i’.
- Navigate to ‘ZigBee channel change
- Finally, adjust the channel and ensure your lights are on while doing this.
The Philis Hue bulb is one of the most popular smart bulbs in the market that works with Alexa, Google Home and other smart home devices. However, both devices are not from the manufacturer which may bring about conflicts between them. So, if your Philips Hue not connecting to Alexa or your Philips Hue not connecting to Google Home be surreal that your reset the device and start the step up from the start.
And with this guide, you should have learned how to reset Philips Hue bulb or bulbs with different and possible approaches.