If you have a Wyze cam security, one of the issues you have to deal with is the Wi-Fi, especially when adding a new Wi-Fi to your Wyze Cam device.
The common complaint from most Wyze users about the Wi-Fi springs out from the arduous process you have to go through when you want to change Wi-Fi on your Wyze cam which seems frustrating.
Since changing Wyze cam Wi-Fi to a new one takes more time than expected, you need to the approach to adding a new Wi-Fi network, as though you want to install a new Wyze camera.
But, while you are doing this, you don’t need to delete any previous settings as it overrides them and keeps the remaining.
With that said, let’s break down how you can properly go about Wyze cam change WiFi if it’s a new one or how to change WiFi on Wyze cam to replace the existing Wyze cam WiFi on the device.
How to Go About Wyze Cam Change WiFi
To change your Wyze cam Wi-Fi from the one that you have used on your Wyze cam to a new one requires you to go through the same installation process during the device setup before you can add a new wifi network to it.
To figure out how to do all that follow the instructions below:
- Lauch your Wyze app on your smartphone
- Login into your Wyze account
- Make sure your camera is on, if it isn’t connect it to the USB port or a power outlet while waiting for about 30 seconds until it flashes yellow
- Now, press and hold down the Setup button at the back of the Wyze camera until it utters the word “ready to connect”
- After doing that, go to the Wyze app on your smartphone
- Now, locate the ellipsis icon located at the top right corner of your screen
- Now press the “add a product” button and choose the Wyze camera
- After doing that, select the new Wi-Fi network you want to change to
- You will be asked to choose a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your password.
Note: Wyze Cams won’t work on 5GHz networks, so keep that in mind.
- Now, enter your current password to connect to the new Wi-Fi using the current one.
- Moving forward, point the camera to scan the QR code displayed on the app
- As soon as it scans the QR code, you’ll hear a voice command, “QR code scanned.”
- Now, Tap on the I heard the voice command button.
Note: You do not need to delete the camera from the Wyze app. since you are repeating the setup process the new setting will override the previous one while leaving other camera settings. however, if you are using a Wyze cam outdoor, you have to delete it from the app before starting the process above.
in addition to that, It doesn’t matter what the number of wyze devices you have is, if you want to connect them to a new Wi-Fi, you have to follow all the instructions above to set up each of them.
Moving forward, if during the setup process your App Login screen isn’t loading here’s what you need to do.
How to Resolve “Wyze App Login Screen not Loading” issue
In a scenario where the login screen isn’t loading or it keeps stopping on the Wyze logo, in that case, it means the server is unreachable. also, you might see a popup that the internet connection is not available
To resolve this, here are what you need to do on your mobile device.
- Firstly reboot your phone. Doing this will refresh your network connection, you can also resolve it by restarting your phone simply by turning it OFF using its power button and then turning the phone back ON.
- If the issue persists, confirm that your internet connection is stable. If possible, try switching the network (Wi-Fi to LTE or LTE to Wi-Fi).
After you have logged in, certain issues can occur during the setup such as a QR code error, if you are faced with a QR code error during the setup, here is what you should do to troubleshoot it
QR code Error
First and foremost, make sure your smartphone or the device being used for the setup is connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network. If your network only has one network name (SSID), it likely either only has a 2.4 GHz network
Also, ensure that the plastic film from the lens of the camera has been removed
if it still doesn’t work. Attempt a reset, and try setting it up again by removing the SD card and then Hold down the setup button until the status light turns from solid red to flashing red,
Once it light begins to flash. set it up again but this time use a different smartphone.
Note: while troubleshooting your QR code, after 5minutes from the time the QR code is generated, it will expire and you will need to restart the setup process.
Moving forward, during setup you might also come across an “I cannot find the specified Network name” error
To troubleshoot that, kindly follow the steps below
Unable to Connect to Wi-Fi Network
In most cases, this error usually occurs when you either enter a wrong password or your Wyze is trying to connect to a 5Ghz network instead of a 2.4GHZ
To resolve these:
First and foremost, check your network name and see if it is correctly entered.
Also, check the password by tapping on the “eyelash” icon to see the password you entered, take note that passwords are case sensitive. if they are all correct. but you still can’t get the right password – scroll to the next heading below this one
Now, proceed to check whether your network doesn’t have any space at the beginning or end, if it does you can adjust this in your router settings or reach out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to get the space removed
Here is a simple representation of that:
- This won’t work “Wyze Network123 “
- This will work “Wyze Network123”
Now, ensure that you are connecting to a 2.4Ghz network. in a scenario where you are seeing two wireless networks, go for the one without a 5G, 5g, 5GHz at the end
However, if your network comes with just one network name(SSID), it is likely a 2.4GHz network or it has “24G,” “2.4,” or “24” appended to the end of the network name.
Finally, reset your connection on the smartphone device you’re using, by removing or forgetting the network on your device and after restarting it and attempting the setup again.
In addition to all that, in case you didn’t hear any voice prompt while setting it up, simply take note of the color you see and confirm whether it is solid or flashing
- Solid yellow Lights – the device is powered on and initializing
- Flashing yellow light – the device is ready to connect
- Flashing yellow and blue light – connection in progress
- SOlid blue light – The device is working properly
Now, if you’re faced with password issues here is how you can reset it
How to Reset your Wyze password?
To reset the password details of your Wyze app, you can do that either through the website or the app.
TO reset your Password using your Wyze App follow these steps below:
Using the Wyze app
- Launch the Wyze app and tap Forgot password?.
- Now, enter your Wyze account email address and tap Send Verification Code.
- Check your email for the verification code, check your junk folder, if you can’t find the verification code.
- Copy the verification code in the email and return it to the Wyze app.
- In the Verification Code field, paste the verification code you received
- Over here you will see an Enter New Password and Confirm New Password field, simply type the new password you want to use with your account. Also, take note that your Wyze account password must be a minimum of ten (10) characters long.
- Tap Done to complete the password reset.
Now, here’s is how to do it using the website:
Usiging the Wyze Website
- Click Login at the upper right corner of wyze.com.
- On the Sign In page, click Forgot your password?.
- Enter your Wyze account email address and click Retrieve Password.
- In another browser tab, check your email for the verification code to reset your password, check your junk folder if you can’t find the verification code.
- Copy the code and return it to the verification page.
- In the Verification Code field, paste the code.
- In the Enter New Password and Confirm New Password fields, type the new password you want to use with your account. while doing that, take note that your Wyze password must be a minimum of eight characters long.
- Click Set a New Password to complete the password reset.
since you’ve finally figured out how to do Wyze Cam change WiFi, over here are some Frequently asked questions that are helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Wi-Fi camera keep disconnecting?
If you are faced with a scenario like this, there are a series of issues that could be the problem, however, the most obvious thing you want to check is the Wi-Fi signal maybe it is not strong enough. if it isn’t follow the steps below.
1: Check the WiFi antenna and make sure it isn’t loose
2: Next, ensure the distance between the camera and the wifi Hotspot is not far or maybe it is blocked by several walls, to resolve this, you can decide to bring it closer or get a Wi-Fi extender to strengthen your wifi signal.
Why is my camera is showing offline in the app?
If you launch your Wyze app, you should see a cloud symbol with a line through it next to your camera. if you are unable to access the Live stream or change any settings, power cycle your Wyze cam device can learn how to do over here.
Now that you’ve figured out how to Wyze cam change WiFi, and you’ve seen how tedious it is, for now, that is the only option, maybe until Wyze introduces a solution to that
But until then follow the steps above to resolve it.