Philips Hue lighting system is one of the best when it comes to light range and controls from the comfort of your home. In case you are re-using an old bulb or a used lighting set, then it’s very important to reset your bulbs.
You can as well reset Philips hue bulb with Alexa, and other compatible smart devices like Zigbee. The Philips Hue smart lights have unique inbuilt smart features that make it a very reliable device for users, although there might be a few times when you’d need to reset them.
And the question is this;
Do you want to give your Hue system to a friend or do you simply want to start your smart home configuration again from the beginning? Then, you might need to reset Philips hue bulb without Bridge if you have one.
Even if you are resetting a single bulb or a whole system, this post will guide you through how you can successfully reset Philips Hue bulb without Bridge.
To reset a single Philips Hue bulb, go through the Hue app on your Android or iOS devices which is the same process involved in setting up the bulb in the first place.
In case you won’t be using the Hue Bridge and Hue app, simply check inside the app you are utilizing.
You can as well reset by clicking on Devices in the Alexa app; select the room group >> the bulb >> settings cog (located at the top-right) >> trash icon (top-right again).
That’s it! Read on to learn more about how you can reset Philips Hue bulb without Bridge.
Reset Hue Bulb with Dimmer switch
Do you have an official Philips Hue Dimmer Switch at home? You can as well reset your Philips bulbs using the dimmer switch. Follow the steps below:
- Turn on the Philips Bulb.
- Move the dimmer switch very close at least within 6 inches of the bulb.
- Long-press on the power and stop buttons at once for about 10 seconds until the LED indicator on the front turns green.
- Once the LED turns green, it will blink orange for some minutes.
- Now, the Philips bulb has been reset and is in its factory default state.
- You can as well switch the power, change the brightness and also change the bulb color/temperature using the buttons on the switch.
In case you noticed that your dimmer switch is not working, then it is usually because there is a loss of power or a faulty dimmer.
Dimmers work at about 60°C (140°F), much warmer than most standard switches. Dimmer switches generally last for up to 15 years.
However, a dimmer can malfunction due to age, repeated use over time, or loose wire connections that cause them to short circuit. Check out for all these errors to be able to reset Philips Hue bulb without Bridge successfully.
Reset Philips Hue bulbs with Alexa
Do you have an Amazon Alexa smart speaker with an inbuilt Zigbee hub, like the Echo Show 10 (3rd gen) or the Echo (4th gen)? Then you can reset your Philips bulb using it. Follow the steps below to successfully reset Philips hue bulb without Bridge:
- You need the serial numbers for your lamp(s).
- Ensure your bulb is plugged in and switched on.
- Open the Alexa app and click on Devices, then tap the “+” icon and choose Add device.
- Then, click on the question mark and choose the link under How do I put my Zigbee device into pairing mode?
- Scroll down and click on Reset Philips Hue Light.
- Input your lamp’s serial number and tap Continue.
- Alexa will reset the Hue bulb, and discover it to connect it to your Alexa Zigbee hub.
The steps are quite straightforward and fast! Reset Philips Hue Bulb without Bridge successfully.
How to Reset a Single Philips Hue Bulb
To reset a single Philips Hue bulb, go through the Hue app on your Android or iOS devices which is the same process involved in setting up the bulb in the first place. Follow the steps below for concise steps on how to reset a single Philips Hue Bulb:
- Navigate to the Hue app via your Android or iOS devices.
- From the main screen of the Hue app, click on Settings (located at the bottom right corner), and then select Lights.
- Click on the light you wish to reset, then click on Delete.
- The device will be forgotten by the app, and it’s ready to be added again or used in a different system.
- That’s it!
How to Delete a Single Hue Light
In case you want to delete a single Hue light, the following steps below will help you achieve this:
- Open the Hue smartphone app.
- Click on the icon with three dots located at the top-right from the Home screen.
- Click on Light setup.
- Click on the light you would like to delete, or swipe it to the left.
- Then, click on Delete.
It is possible to add the bulb back into your Hue system by disconnecting or unplugging it, reconnecting it to the lamp, fitting, or wall outlet, then returning to the Light Setup page and clicking on the Add Light button. That’s all!
How to Factory Reset Philips Hue bulbs
It is not possible to remotely factory reset the bulb because of the protocol implementation on Philips Hue bulbs, however, you can use a separate Philips Dimmer Switch is to proceed. The steps have already been stated above. Here’s how to factory reset Philips Hue. In case you want to reset the whole system, follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from your Hue Bridge.
- Flip over your Hue Bridge.
- Find the reset button, which is depressed under a small hole.
- Using a pin, paperclip, or similar tool, press into this small hole and long-press on the button for five seconds.
- A light on the front of the Bridge will blink repeatedly.
- Once it stops blinking, it shows the reset process has been completed and the Bridge is ready to set up again like it’s brand new.
- Now, go to the Hue app and set up your smart light system again from the beginning, like you just got a new pack.
This factory reset process may be time-consuming especially when you have a more complex Hue setup, some users facing one issue or the other might find working methodically through changing the names of lights, actions of routines, etc., a solution to their problems. However, if your system is a simple one, and you want all issues fixed with just one click or you want to gift or sell your system, then factory reset is a useful option.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulb without Bridge
The process involved in resetting Philips Hue bulb without Bridge is very simple and fast, all you need to do is follow the steps below carefully:
- Ensure the light is turned on.
- Long-press on the dimmer switch fixed close to it.
- Press the switch off and on buttons for about 10 seconds altogether.
- The Philips bulb will beep as it blinks several times.
- That’s it! Now, your Hue bulb has been successfully reset.
Now, your device has already been deleted from the app. However, since you are not using Philip Hue Bridge you can as well follow this method below:
- Open the app you are using (like the Alexa app).
- Go to the “Device” option.
- Choose the bulb you want to delete.
- Tap on the setting cog and remove the bulb by clicking the “trash” icon.
You can use any of these methods above and your Philips Hue Bulb is ready to reset!
How Reset Philips Hue Go
To be able to successfully reset your Hue accessory to its default settings, follow the steps below to reset Philips Hue Go:
- Go to Settings >> Accessory set up in the Hue app and choose the accessory from the list.
- Click on Reset and follow the on-screen instructions to reset the accessory successfully.
Resetting the lamp (i.e pressing the button behind for about 15 secs till you see a blue light blinks) will also help reset Philips Hue Go. You can as well remove the lamp from the Bluetooth devices and try it like it’s a new device.
To remain connected, the Hue Go has to be plugged. However, if it’s on battery, it disconnects after a few minutes.
You can also try resetting Hue Go several times or simply allow it to sit unplugged/idle for a day and reset it several more times and it will be connected.
Finally, do you use a smart home system like Amazon Alexa or Google Home to control your Hue lights? If yes, then it’s necessary to reconfigure routines in those apps after recreating your Hue system.
I hope this article was quite informative and has helped you reset Philips Hue Bulb without Bridge successfully? Let’s hear from you by dropping your suggestions and feedback in the comments section below. Thanks for reading thus far.