There are four simple methods to reset your Philip Hue bulbs without stress. And in this article, we’ll discuss the entire approaches that you can follow to erase personal settings on the Philips Hue bulb’s smart light and reset it to the default. This will catch across using smart devices like Alexa, Google Home, Bridge, and others. So, let u proceed with how to reset Philips Hue bulbs.
When it comes to smart bulbs, the Philips Hue smart bulbs are among the best in the market when it has to do with a smart bulb with different light colours and varieties of options to control your smart bulb.
However, if you run into a problem with your Philips Hue smart bulbs, you can do a factory reset of the bulb using any of the methods that we will discuss in this article.
Meanwhile, before we proceed with how to reset your Philips Hue Bulbs, kindly take a look at how to set up your Philips Hue bulb in this article if you are new to setting up the smart bulb.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulbs
There are four ways to reset a Philips Hue smart bulb. The following methods are:
- How to Reset Philips Hue Bulbs Without a Bridge
- How to Reset Philips Hue Bulbs With a Bridge
- Reset Hue bulbs with Alexa
- How to Reset Hue Bulbs Using a Hue Dimmer Switch
Here, we will discuss the steps to take to reset your Philips Hue bulb using the above methods.
How to Manually Reset Philips Hue White Bulbs without Bridge
You will learn how to manually reset Philips Hue white bulbs without bridge in this section of the article if you have the Philips Hue white bulb.
Meanwhile, this works on Android and iOS devices if your Philips Hue bulb is connected to your Android or iPhone.
- Launch the Philips Hue Bulbs app
- Sign in to your account and go to settings.
- Choose “Lights” under “This Bridge Section.”
- Select the “Hue Light” to reset.
- Click on “Delete.”
- Click on “Delete Light” from the “pop-up.”
The selected light will be deleted from the “This Bridge Section.” With that process, you can simply reset your Philip Hue bulbs manually without a bridge.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulbs
You can simply reset your Philips Hue bulbs using the Philips Hue official app. Therefore, you will learn how to reset Philips Hue bulbs with the Philips Hue app on your phone.
- Launch the “Philips Hue app” on your smartphone [Android or iPhone].
- Click on the “Three dots” on the “Home.”
- The app will scan and detect all available Philips Hue smart bulbs.”
- If the bulb is not detected, choose to pair the smart bulb using the serial number at the bottom of the bulb.
With the steps above, you can reset your Philips Hue bulbs without a bridge and re-pair the bulb. However, we will take at how you can reset your Philips Hue bulbs using a bridge.
How to Reset Philips Hue Light Bulbs with a Bridge
Another method that can be used to get the best out of your Philips Hue bulb when malfunctioning is to reset the Bridge. Sometimes, your smart bulb will be in good shape, but the controller could be the problem.
However, resetting your Philips Hue bulbs Bridge also reset all connected bulbs since the Bridge serves as a central unit to control all the Philips Hue products connected to it.
Note: This method is more like doing a factory reset on your Hue Bridge. So, it’s recommended that you should note the scenes and automation that you want to create.
- Turn on the Hue Bridge to confirm the Power Status Light is lit.
- Remove the Bridge ethernet cable without unplugging the device.
- There is a pinhole at the right of the Hue Bridge with an inscription for “Restore Factory Settings.”
- Insert a PIN or SIM Injector into the factory reset hole to press the Hue Bridge Reset Button for about 5 seconds.
After 5 seconds, the Bridge will be reset and reset all the Philips Hue Bulbs connected to it.
To set up your Bridge and connect your Bulbs, kindly follow our complete guide on how to install and set up Philips Hue bulbs.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulb with Alexa
Alexa offers a soft reset for your Philips Hue bulbs instead of doing a factory reset from the Philips Hue app or bulb. This implies that instead of the Hue bulbs being reset with Alexa and unpair the device, it’d instead reset the connection with the Alexa app.
Therefore, by following the steps below you will learn how to reset Philips Hue bulb with Alexa.
- Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Select the “Devices Tab.”
- Choose “Light” under “Devices.”
- Select the “Hue Bulb” to “Reset” with Alexa or choose “All Hue Lights” to reset all bulbs connected to the device.
- Open the “Device Settings” by clicking on the “Settings” icon to the top right.
- To delete the “Hue Bulb” from the “Alexa,” click on the “Trash can” icon to the top right.
- Confirm that you want to remove and reset the bulb from the pop-up to complete the process.
To finalize the process, follow how to pair Philips Hue Bulbs above to pair the bulb with your Alexa.
How to Reset Hue Bulbs Using a Hue Dimmer Switch
Hue Dimmer Switch is probably the most effortless approach to reset your Hue bulbs one after the other instead of resetting the entire bulb. Although the Hue Dimmer Switch costs some bucks, it lets you control your Philips Hue Bulbs individually.
- Turn on the Hue Dimmer Switch.
- Maintain about a 6-inch gap between the Hue Dimmer Switch and the Hue Bulb.
- Press and hold the Switch power button at the top and the Hue button at the bottom.
- Press and hold the buttons until the Hue Bulb light blinks three times.
- The bulb will reset to factory settings.
If you are using an older switch, you should consider using the POWER and POWER OFF buttons instead.
How to Reset Philips Hue Bulb Without App
The fastest way to reset the Philips Hue bulbs is via the BT app. It makes it happens on the go So, you will be the Philips Hue Bluetooth app to completely reset your Philips Hue bulbs in this part of the article. Therefore, by following the step below you will learn how to reset Philips Hue bulb.
- Launch the Philips Hue Bluetooth app.
- Click on the “Settings” at the bottom right.
- Choose “Lights.”
- Click on the “Bulb” you want to reset.
- The “Philips Hue Bulb” information such as model details and firmware version will pop up.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on “Reset.”
- A pop-up will appear asking you whether you want to return the lamp to the factory settings.
- Tap on “Reset” from the pop-up.
- The “Hue Bulb” flicker will turn on and off temporarily.
There you do. Your Philips Hue bulb will be reset to the default. Once this is done you will be taken back to the BT app home screen.
How to Reset Hue Tap Switch
By following the steps below you will learn how to reset Hue tap switch.
- Launch the Hue BT app.
- Go to the “Accessory Setup” section.
- Click on “Living Room Switch.”
- Tap on the “Delete” button.
- Click on the “Delete” button from the warning pop-up.
- If you don’t delete it you can click on the “Reset” button.
- Tap “Reset” following the warning popup.
With this guide, you should have learned how to reset Philips Hue bulbs and Hue tap switch.