The Beats Powerbeats are excellent wireless earbuds but once it begins to develop one fault or another, it becomes very difficult and frustrating to use especially when one side won’t charge. So, if you have the PowerBeats3, PowerBeats2, or BeatsX range that won’t just connect to your smart device here’s an article for you as we’ll be considering how to reset PowerBeats in simple steps in this article.
Although, there are several ways you can fix any of the PowerBeats problems.
In this article, we will be walking through the reason why you need to reset PowerBeats, how to reset PowerBeats, how to re-pair PowerBeats to your Bluetooth device after performing a reset, and how to pair PowerBeats to iPhone and Android devices.
Even though there are no perfect gadgets anywhere, the PowerBeats earbuds tend to malfunction sometimes. If you have the PowerBeats Pro, most users usually complain about several issues especially related to charging.
What Causes PowerBeats Issues?
Different factors are responsible for the glitches your PowerBeats may be exhibiting, both external and internal factors. Some of the causes of PowerBeats’ earbuds problems include:
- Placing the wireless earbuds wrongly on the charging magnet.
- Earbuds were placed or exposed to liquid or moisture.
- There’s an issue with the charger or power source
- The problem may be firmware-related.
- There’s an issue with the hardware (this is the worst of them all)
Once the causes of these problems have been known, taking precautions can solve and prevent a lot of future damage that may be done to your PowerBeats earbuds.
Why do I need to Reset my Powerbeats?
There are several reasons why both or one of your PowerBeats Pro earbuds won’t charge or connect to your device. Here are possible problems you can encounter while using the Beats PowerBeats Pro, they include:
- PowerBeats earbuds won’t connect due to Bluetooth issues.
- No sound coming from one or both of the PowerBeats earbuds.
- One or both of the PowerBeats’ earbuds won’t charge.
- PowerBeats won’t turn on or off.
- PowerBeats earbuds won’t reset when placed in their charging case.
- The PowerBeats volume suddenly stops working.
These and many others are the reasons why you may need to reset your PowerBeats earbuds.
How to Reset Powerbeats
To reset PowerBeats earbuds is very simple but a bit dynamic. Most issues especially the ones related to connection irregularities are usually fixed by simply resetting your earbuds. Here’s how to reset PowerBeats Pro, follow the steps below:
- Place both R and L earbuds in the charging case and leave the lid open.
- Tap on the System function button at the centre of the case and press it for about 15 seconds or till you see the small LED flashing red and white.
- Stop pressing the button and wait until the LED flashes only white.
- Flashing only white color indicates that the earbuds are in pairing mode and you can now pair the earbuds with your iPhone, Android, or Mac.
- Place both wireless earbuds on your smartphone.
That’s it! Quite straightforward, right? You can learn how to pair Beats PowerBeats Pro to your smartphone whether you have an iOS or Android device.
By following the simple steps above on how to reset PowerBeats, most general issues like sound, connection, or charging must have been fixed.
However, in case resetting the Powerbeats Pro did not solve your specific problem, it is recommended that you go ahead to consult your local after-sale or ask for the assistance of Powerbeats Pro officials themselves.
How to Repair PowerBeats to Bluetooth Devices
After resetting the PowrBeats earbuds, it is essential you re-pair them to your smart device. Since performing a reset on earbuds usually wipe off the data on paired devices, so you just have to re-pair them to your Bluetooth devices all over again.
In case both of your wireless earbuds are not charging, you can make your device forget the earbuds and then re-pair them to fix the issue. Here’s how to re-pair PowerBeats to Bluetooth devices below:
- Go to the Bluetooth section from the Settings Menu to begin the process.
- Before you pair them again, ensure to restart your device (such as iPhone, Mac, or Android smartphone).
- Once the pairing is successful, you can check if the PowerBeats charging problem has been fixed.
This is all about re-pairing PowerBeats’ earbuds!
How to Pair PowerBeats Pro to an iPhone
Pairing PowerBeats Pro to an iPhone is quite easy because of the H1 chip inside it. One of the good things about iOS and H1/W1 chips is that the earbuds are capable of switching connections automatically between all devices that use your Apple account. Here’s how to pair PowerBeats Pro to an iPhone :
- Open the charging case while both earbuds are placed inside.
- Place the case very close to your iPhone.
- A pop-up message with an animation of the earbuds will be displayed.
- Click on “Connect”.
That’s it! You have successfully paired PowerBeats Pro to an iPhone.
How To Pair PowerBeats Pro to an Android Phone?
Pairing PowerBeats Pro to an Android phone usually requires a few more steps compared to an iOS device. If you use the Beats app, you might experience a similar pairing process just the Apple users.
However, here’s how to pair PowerBeats Pro to an Android phone without the app:
- Open the lid of the case and check to see if the LED is blinking white.
- Don’t hold the System button for too long since you already completely reset the earbuds.
- Navigate into the Bluetooth Menu and search for new devices.
- PowerBeats Pro should be listed as one of those devices.
Using the Beats App, this is how to pair the wireless Earbuds:
- The first thing to do here is to download the Beats App from the Google Play store.
- Open the app and allow all the necessary permissions.
- Ensure you have the “Location” option turned on.
- Now, open the lid of the charging case.
- A pop-up message will be displayed prompting you to click on the “Connect” option.
Now, your PowerBeats Pro has been successfully paired to your Android Phone via the Beats App and without the App.
Can’t Reset PowerBeats? Try these fixes!
Have you tried all the above and your PowerBeats Pro earbuds won’t reset? You can try any of these troubleshooting steps and see which one works for you.
The reason why you can’t reset PowerBeats most times is mainly because of poor connection with the pins on one of the earbuds. You can try any of the following troubleshooting steps:
- Long-press on the particular earbud that is faulty and ensures they are connected with the pins while doing the reset.
- If the pins won’t connect at all even after long pressing the PowerBeats Pro down, then you may need to send them out for repairs and save yourself additional frustration.
- You can use a different power source or a different cable.
- You can use the Beats Updater to get the latest firmware.
- To check for Firmware updates (For iOS users, note that updates are installed automatically in the background while for Android users, you have to install the Beats app on your smartphones and wait for a notification about the update).
- You can as well check for dirt that may be blocking the charging contact.
- Clean the PowerBeats earbuds and case properly.
- Ensure to disable Automatic Ear Detection.
- Readjust and position the wireless earbuds appropriately in the Powerbeats Pro charging case.
- You can “Forget” and pair Powerbeats Pro with the source again.
- Check the power source or force a restart on the earbuds.
If none of these methods solves your issue, then it means your PowerBeats need to be taken to your local Apple store or any Apple technician in case there’s no store close by. You can as well contact Apple Support directly.
Check if your PowerBeats Pro earbuds are still under warranty (this usually lasts for 1 year after the purchase), it’s always best to consult with Apple to see if they can fix the issue.
This is all about how to reset PowerBeats earbuds. Feel free to drop your comment in the section below.