The focus of this article will be on how to reset your Hisense Smart TV. Resetting a Smart TV, takes the TV back to default settings. So a reset is typically done when there is a problem that can only be fixed with a reset or if you want to sell or give the TV away.
Manufacturers advised that you should reset your Hisense Smart TV at least once in a month, as doing so helps to clean out the clutter, prevents freezing mid-stream, solve issues with signing-in, resolves unresponsive services and generally makes the TV function at optimum capacity.
Due to the fact that a factory reset on your Hisense Smart TV causes your TV to return to its default state, it will require you to repeat the process of setting up, reconnecting to the Internet, and reloading any streaming channels.
Basically, to perform a factory reset, you just have to navigate to Settings, System, Advanced system settings, Factory reset and then follow the onscreen instructions. So, it is pretty straightforward. However, this article will break it down further by discussing how to reset your Hisense Smart TV with and without a remote.
How To Reset Hisense Smart TV with a Remote
This is the procedure you follow if you want to reset your Hisense Smart TV using a remote. Start by;
- Pressing MENU on your Hisense Smart TV remote
- Select ‘Support’ and confirm your selection by clicking ‘Enter.’ Depending on your remote model, the ‘Enter’ key may appear as ‘OK’ key or ‘Select.’
- Click “Self Diagnosis” and confirm by pressing ‘Enter.’
- Select the last option, which is ‘Reset.’
- Enter your security PIN to confirm your request
- Reset your Hisense Smart TV to factory settings
If you have never customized your PIN, the default PIN for all Hisense Smart TVs is 0000, but it is liable to change, if you want to.
Recommended: How to Reset your LG Smart TV
How To Reset your Hisense Smart TV without a remote
Most often, this option comes in handy if your Smart TV does not show any picture, because it will be impossible to reset it with a remote. However, you can do a soft reset through the power cycle. To reset Hisense TV with no picture, begin by;
- Disconnecting any external hard disc or USB cable
- Then, turn off your Hisense Smart TV
- Unplug the power cable
- Wait for two (2) minutes before plugging the TV back to power back
- Switch your Smart TV ON
This is a soft reset. And with, all your personal files will not be deleted. However, if you will prefer to reset your Hisense Smart TV to the default settings, below are the steps to take
How To Hard Reset Hisense Smart TV
If a soft reset method does not do the trick, here’s how to hard reset a Hisense TV, from 2013 or older models.
- Using your remote control, press and hold the Exit button for at least 15 seconds.
- Then, you will see the Factory Service menu on the screen.
- Select OK.
- Turn off your Hisense Smart TV.
- Wait for at least 20 seconds.
- Turn on your Hisense Smart TV.
How To Set Up Hisense Smart TV
Remember we had mentioned at the part where we discussed how to reset Hisense Smart TV, that, once resetting is done, you will be required to set up your Smart TV. So you need to know how to get it done.
The process is pretty simple, so even if you’re not a tech-savvy person, you’ll have no trouble setting up this TV. More so, everything you need for the setup comes along with the TV. Just follow these steps, and you’ll be good to go;
- First, you need to decide where you want your TV to be placed, either you will mount it on the wall or just place it on a table top.
- Next, you’ll need to attach the power cable. One end of it will be attached to the back of your TV while the other needs to be plugged into a power source.
- When the red LED light pops up, that is an indication that your TV has been plugged in correctly.
- You can use the remote to power your TV. The batteries also come included with the TV.
- Once your TV turns on, you will be prompted to select your preferred language, country, and time zone settings. You’ll also see the License Agreement, you want to be sure you read through it.
- Then you can select either Home Mode or Store Mode, depending on how you want to use your TV.
- The final step to setting up your Hisense TV is connecting to the WiFi. The device will run a search for all available WiFi networks.
- Find your WiFi network and enter password details.