Did you purchase a game that did not meet your expectations from the Oculus Store and will like to learn how to return Oculus games? Then we are here to explain in detail the steps you need to take to return Oculus games.
The Oculus store is known to have some amazing virtual reality games, most of which require you to pay a fee before you can access them.
However, there might be situations where you purchase a particular game from the store that was different from what was advertised in the demo or had bugs that made it difficult to enjoy playing the games.
If you are in a situation like that, your subsequent response will probably be to return Oculus games. If so, read the article section below to learn the steps you need to take to return Oculus games.
How to Return Oculus Games
The process of returning Oculus games is relatively straightforward. However, before you can return Oculus games, there are specific requirements you must meet before you can return Oculus games and get refunded the money you initially paid to access them.
The eligibility criteria include:
- You have not played the game for more than 2 hours since the time of purchase.
- You attempted to return the game within two weeks from when you purchased it.
If you have met the requirements to get a refund when you return Oculus games, then you can follow the instructions given below to return Oculus games.
- Open the Oculus app on your mobile phone or desktop.
- Then click on the menu button that is located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Then select Settings, and from the settings menu, choose purchase history.
- The list of items you have purchased from the Oculus store will appear on your screen, then select the three dots beside the game you want to return.
- Then select request refund.
If you have followed these steps, then you are on the right track to returning Oculus games.
You should expect to get a response from the Oculus customer support team within 1 to 5 business days. Once your request has been accepted, you should expect to get the payment in your account within a period of 2 weeks, depending on the payment method you used in purchasing the game.
Also, once you have initiated a request to return Oculus games, you will lose all access to the game and will be unable to play it. However, if your request to return the game was denied, your access will be restored.
If your request was accepted and you successfully returned the game, you will no longer have access to it, and if you would like to play the game again, you would have to repurchase it.
Also, note that once you repurchase a game, you are no longer eligible to return the game, as you will not be granted a payment refund.
How to Buy Oculus Games
The Oculus stores boast many premium virtual reality games that give many virtual reality gamers joy. You have your pick from many high-quality games, and if you are new to the world of virtual reality gaming, the instructions below will guide you on how to buy Oculus games from the Oculus store.
- Turn on your Oculus virtual reality device.
- Then press the Oculus button to go to the menu screen.
- Now click on the Oculus store icon.
- Look through the many game options available and click on the one you are interested in buying.
- Then click on the price of your game of choice and follow the prompts that will appear on your screen to pay for it.
Once you have paid for the game, you have full access to it, and if you find out you do not like the game, you can request a refund within two weeks of purchase, provided you have engaged the game for less than 2 hours.
How to Cancel a Refund Request on Oculus Quest 2
Once you have initiated a payment request on the Oculus store, there is no official way you can cancel the request. However, if the refund request was accepted, and you think you are still interested in the content, you can always repurchase it.
If your refund request is denied, your access to the content will be restored.
However, once you have repurchased any content, you can no longer initiate a refund request regarding the said content, as the content is no longer eligible for a refund.
You can also learn more about How to Change Your Name on Oculus Quest
How to Check Oculus Purchase History
Due to the many premium games and apps available on the Oculus store for a fee, you might find yourself frequently purchasing content from the Oculus store.
If you ever need to check out your purchase history, all you have to do is follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Oculus app on either your iPhone or Android phone.
- Then go to the settings menu, and from the options, select payment history.
- Then the list of purchases you have made from the Oculus store will appear on your screen.
If you do not have access to the Oculus mobile app, you can also view your purchase history online by following the instructions below.
- Go to Oculus.com from your browser.
- Then click the login option at the top right corner of your screen to log in to your account.
- Then click on the username option at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then select my order option, and the list of all the purchases you have made will show on your screen.
What is the Oculus Companion App?
The Oculus mobile app is available on both the app store and the google play store and is known as the Oculus companion app.
It is used for different purposes like purchasing apps and games, requesting a refund, and making new friends on the virtual reality platform. It is a must-have app if you own an Oculus quest virtual reality device.
What are the Best Oculus Quest 2 Games
The Oculus store has many amazing virtual reality games that can keep you immersed in the virtual reality world.
Some of the best virtual reality games available on the Oculus store include:
- Population: One
- SuperHot VR
- Beat Saber
- Half-Life: Alyx
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
- The Climb
- Until You Fall
- Resident Evil 4 VR
- Song in the Smoke
- Ghost Giant
This article has looked at both the eligibility criteria for returning Oculus games and also the procedure required to return Oculus games. You can also attempt to play some of the virtual reality games listed in the article.