There are two ways to update apps on LG smart TV SOFTWARE to stay up-to-date with your LG TV apps, software and free from bugs or lagging.
- Update individual app on your LG TV.
- Update your LG Smart TV firmware to update all pending apps.
The first method we stated above to update LG Smart TV apps can be done manually or automatically. We will consider both methods. But the latter means to update the LG Smart TV apps varies depending on the method that you prefer. Of course, you can update the LG Smart Firmware from a USB or download it directly from the software update download page.
At the same time, when you want to update your LG TV Apps to the latest version by updating the LG Smart TV software, the process to take depends on the LG Smart TV OS.
However, in this guide, we will discuss how to update LG Smart TV apps by updating the LG Smart TV software using any of the following operating systems.
Scroll to the best method that you prefer on how to update apps on LG Smart TV that are discussed below. Meanwhile, all the roads lead to the same source. But, preferably, the option to update LG Smart TV software automatically updates all outdated apps on your LG TV.
How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV Manually
The method to update apps on your LG Smart TV manually will allow you to choose the time to update the app yourself even when the update has been available long ago. This method to update the LG TV app is recommended if you are using mobile data.
- Turn on your LG Smart TV and connect the TV to the internet.
- Press the LG TV home button on the remote control.
- Navigate to the LG Store and press the Enter button.
- Navigate to “Apps >> My Apps.”
- Find the app to Update when all the apps on the LG appear.
- Select “Update” on the app you want to update.
- Or select “Update All” to update all outdated apps at once.
Once the steps above have been executed, all the selected apps will be updated to the latest version. However, if there is an update available next time, the apps will not be updated automatically.
Therefore, let’s quickly consider how to update LG Smart TV apps automatically.
How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV Automatically
With the automatic option to update apps on LG Smart TV, the app will consistently search for available updates online once the TV is connected to the update and download them to replace the existing one without removing or deleting the app login or stored username and password.
- Press the “Home” button on the LG Smart TV remote.
- Navigate to “Setting >> All Settings.”
- Choose and select “General and About this TV.”
- Check “Allow Automatic Update.”
Now, use the option to allow automatic updates to check for the update and update all outdated apps on the list. Now, whenever there is an update available next, the app (s) will update automatically.
How to Update LG WebOS Software
Updating your LG Smart WebOS software can fix all your LG TV outdated apps. So, to execute the WebOS LG software update online, please follow the steps online.
- Press the Home button on your LG Smart TV remote.
- Select the LG TV settings icon to the top right of the screen.
- Locate All Settings to the bottom of the screen.
- From the TV left menu select General.
- Scroll down the general screen and select About this TV.
- Ensure that the option to update the WebOS TV automatically is checked.
After the above steps, select check for update. And if there is an update available the LG Smart TV will download it and install the OS on your TV.
This process to update LG Smart TV software and apps are different when your LG TV OS is Netcast. Therefore, we will proceed below to discuss how to update apps on LG Smart TV with Netcast OS.
How to Update LG Smart TV Software Netcast
The process to update your LG Smart TV Netcast software is quite different from the process we discussed above on WebOS.
- Press the “LG TV Remote” Home/Smart button on the remote.
- Locate the Settings from the bottom left and press Enter.
- Navigate to “Others” >> “Software Update.”
- The smart TV will display the current version of your TV software.
- Turn ON software update if it’s turned Off. If the software update is set to Off update notification will be disabled on the TV and you will not be able to receive the TV software update notification.
- Check the box next to Allow the automatic update. To check for the Netcast software update, download it, and install the software update., however, if the option to update the LG Smart TV software is turned On and the box check and update the software is not checked, the TV will only check for the software update without downloading the update automatically.
- Now, to check if there is an update available, select the Check Update Version to check for the Netcast software update if there is an update waiting to download and replace the existing update.
The steps above should fix your LG Smart software update or TV receiving notifications but the update is not installing automatically.
How to Update LG Smart TV Software using USB
The steps to update your LG TV software from USB is the same as updating your LG smart TV without the internet. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how to activate LG Smart TV software from USB.
However, to proceed, you need to know the version of your LG smart TV.
- Go to the LG Smart TV Homepage
- Enter your LG TV model number into the column on the screen.
- Select the TV model from the suggestions once you started entering the model number. If the suggestion but didn’t appear, select Find model or serial to find the LG TV with the serial number you entered.
- Download the LG TV software or firmware version on the page.
- Unzip the LG Smart TV update software to a USB driver on your PC and make sure that the software is copied or extracted to the USB root directory in the LG_DTV folder.
- Turn on your LG Smart TV and insert the USB drive into the TV.
To finish the LG Smart software update on the USB you inserted follow the onscreen instruction after which the TV will reboot to finalize the software installation.
With the steps in this article, how to update apps on LG smart TV should be resolved. And also, how to update LG software [WebOS and Netcast] online and from a USB drive.