You don’t need a special skill to record your iPhone screen but you need to be creative when it comes to video editing. Without mincing words, we will take you through how to screen record on iPhone in this article without considering any limitations.
Being able to screen record on iPhone has many benefits, as you can keep a record of activities, video call conversations, text, and the rest.
The iPhone is one of the most popularly used phones with various functions, and thankfully one of its inbuilt functions is the screen recording function.
You can read the next section of this article to learn how to use this inbuilt function to screen record on iPhone.
How to Screen Record on iPhone
Being able to screen record on iPhone is a great way to document and keep records of conversations, funny videos on the internet, and any other thing you might want to record.
However, note that while you can screen record on your iPhone, you cannot do this if you mirror your screen.
You can screen-record conversations and videos on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Go to your iPhone’s settings menu and click on the control centre.
- Then click on the add button next to the screen recording option.
- Then open the control center on your iPhone and tap the gray record button.
- Then exit the control center after the three-second countdown to record your screen.
If you follow the steps above, you will successfully screen record on your iPhone. You can always stop recording by tapping the red status bar on the top of the screen and selecting stop or opening the control centre and clicking the red record button.
You can also check out How to Remove Expired Subscription on your iPhone.
How to Screen Record on iPhone with Sound
No unique method is required to screen record on your iPhone with sounds. Once you are screen recording and the recording has sounds, the sounds will be automatically recorded as long as your iPhone’s microphone is working correctly.
You can screen record videos with sounds or audio by following the instructions below.
- Open your settings menu and navigate to the control center.
- Then select the add option next to the screen recording option by clicking on it.
- Next, hit the gray record button in the control center of your iPhone.
- After the three second countdown, you can leave the control center and start recording on your screen.
Once you are done with the recording, you should either click on the red status bar at the top of your screen and select stop or go back to the control center and click the red record button.
How to Screen Record on iPhone 7
If you use an iPhone 7, you can always screen record any video, audio, or conversation of your choice by using the inbuilt screen recording feature.
You can screen record on your iPhone 7 by following the instructions below.
- Go to your settings menu and click on the control center.
- Then go to screen recording and tap the add button beside it.
- Then go to the control center and click the gray button to start recording.
- Once the three second countdown has elapsed, you can exit the control center and start the recording.
After finishing the recording, you can go to the control center to click the red record button or click on the red status bar on the screen and click stop to complete the recording.
How to Screen Record on iPhone 13
iPhone 13 has an inbuilt screen recording feature that makes it very convenient to screen record anything you’d like on your iPhone.
You can screen record on your iPhone 13 by following the steps given below.
- Go to the control center from your iPhone’s settings menu.
- Then select screen recording and tap the add button beside it.
- Afterward, go to the control panel and press the gray record button.
- You can leave the control center and begin the recording after the three seconds countdown elapses.
When you are done recording, you can go back to the control center and click on the red record button or the red status bar on your screen and select stop to stop the recording.
Can Snapchat Detect Screen Recorder?
Snapchat, as an app, takes Privacy related issues very seriously, so anytime you attempt to screen record from Snapchat, the account you are trying to record will get a notification immediately after you start recording or attempt to screenshot their post.
So you cannot record from an account that is not yours on Snapchat without Snapchat notifying the account’s owner.
Does iPhone Screen Recording Record Audio?
Yes, you can record audio with your iPhone screen recorder. With the inbuilt screen recorder function, you can record anything you want with your iPhone.
The only time you would be unable to screen record with your iPhone is when you mirror your screen.
Once you stop screen mirroring, you can record audio, videos, and other content on your screen.
Can Snapchat Detect 3rd-Party Screen Recording?
Yes, if you are using a 3rd party application to screen record from Snapchat, Snapchat has mechanisms in place to detect it.
Once it is detected that you are trying to screen record on Snapchat, Snapchat will send a notification to the account you are trying to screen record from.
Can I Screen Record while Listening to Music?
Yes, you can listen to music on your iPhone and screen record the music simultaneously.
Screen recording is an inbuilt iPhone feature, and you can use it to record the music you are listening to on your iPhone.
Can Somebody See When you Screen Record on Instagram?
Instagram does not have any mechanism in place to detect screen recording so that you can screen record from Instagram, and the owner of the account you are screen recording from will not be notified.
Unlike Snapchat, which notifies users when someone is trying to screen record their posts, you can freely screen record on Instagram.
How to Screenshot on iPhone
If you find a picture, text, or any other content on the internet and want to take a screenshot, you can do this with your iPhone by following the steps below.
- Simultaneously press the side and volume up buttons on your iPhone.
- Then release both buttons once the screenshot has been made.
- Then open or swipe left to dismiss the thumbnail that will temporarily appear on your screen.
This article has looked at how to screen record on iPhone and some frequently asked questions about screen recording on iPhone. We also looked at how you can screenshot on your iPhone.