Have you heard about the numerous advantages of using Apple pay and wondered how to set up Apple pay? Then this article is for you, as we will explain every step you need to take to set up Apple pay for your online payment without stress.
Apple pay is an excellent replacement for physical cards, as it means one less thing to carry about, and you never have to worry about misplacing your card and falling into the wrong hand.
Apple pay is an easy and fast way to pay online and in-store, as well as send money to your family and friends.
It is an accepted payment method by many stores and is already in-built into your Apple devices.
You can read the next section of this article to learn how to set up Apple pay.
How to Set Up Apple Pay
Apple pay is a payment method that does not require any physical card. The app is also in-built into various Apple devices, from iPhones to Macs and iPads.
The only thing you need to set up Apple pay is to add your preferred credit or debit card to the app.
This section of the article will explain how you can set up Apple pay on your Apple devices.
You can also learn How to Add Money to Apple Pay.
How to set up Apple pay on iPhone
You can add your preferred debit or credit card to your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Open the wallet app on your iPhone and click on the + icon.
- Then tap debit or credit card to add a new card.
- If it is a card that has been previously used, you should click on previous cards.
- Then click continue and follow the instructions on your screen to add the card.
- Then verify your information with your bank or card issuer and follow any instructions they might give you to complete the process.
Once you are done with the process, you can add money to your Apple pay and start using it to make payments.
How to Set Up Apple Pay on iPad
You can conveniently set up apple pay on your iPad by adding your preferred credit or debit card. All you have to do is to follow the basic instructions below.
- Open the settings app on your iPad and click on the Wallet and apple pay options.
- Then click on add card and follow the prompts on your screen to add the card.
- Finally, verify your information with your bank or card issuer by providing any information they might require.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to set up Apple pay successfully on your iPad and can now begin to use it as your preferred payment method.
How to Set Up Apple Pay on Mac
By following the instructions below, you can add any debit or credit card to your Apple pay using your MAC.
- Open your Mac and navigate to system preference.
- Then click on the wallet and apple pay and tap add a card.
- Then follow the steps on your screen to add the card.
- Now, complete the process by verifying your information with your card or bank issuer and providing any information they might ask of you.
Once you have followed the instructions above, you can start using your Apple pay account for payment.
How to Set Up Apple Pay on Apple Watch
You can follow the instructions below to set up apple pay on your apple watch.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Then go to my watch tab and selecWalletet and apple pay.
- Then select add a card, select debit or credit card for a new card and the previous card for a previously used card.
- Then click on continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then if required, you would have to provide any necessary information to your bank or card issuer to verify your details.
Once you have successfully added your preferred card to your Apple pay, you can use your account to make payments.
How to Use Apple Pay to Make Payments
Apple pay is a contactless payment method that can be used to make payments online and in-store using either your iPhone or your iWatch.
You can use your iPhone to pay in stores using apple pay by following the instructions below.
- Authenticate your iPhone using either your passcode or your face id.
- Then if you want to use a new card apart from your default card, you should click on the new card and authenticate it.
- Then hold the top of your iPhone close to the contactless reader till Done, and a checkmark appears on your phone screen.
You can also make payments using apple pay with your Apple watch by following the instructions below.
- Double-click the side button on your Apple watch.
- Your default card will automatically open, and you can also scroll down to choose another card.
- Then hold the display of your apple watch close to the contactless reader until you feel a gentle tap and hear a beep.
You can use either of these methods to pay using your Apple pay.
How to Pay Online Using Apple Pay
You can pay for your in-app or online purchases on sites that accept apple pay as a payment method by following the instructions below.
- Click on the Apple pay button or select Apple Pay as your preferred payment method.
- Then expand the menu next to your default card or click next to pay with a different card.
- Then enter any required billing, shipping, or contact information.
- Finally, confirm your payment, and a done and checkmark icon will appear on your screen.
What You Can do If you Can’t Add Card to Apple Wallet to Use Apple Pay
If you cannot add a card to your Apple wallet to use with Apple pay, you can try the steps below to resolve the issue.
- First, confirm that you are not experiencing issues with your internet connection.
- You should contact your bank or card issuer to confirm that they support Apple pay.
- Then ensure that you are using the latest version of your device’s operating system.
- Finally, confirm that you are in a supported country and region and that your device is compatible with Apple pay.
This article has given a detailed explanation of how to set up Apple pay on various Apple devices. We also looked at how to make payments with your Apple pay account in person and online.
Finally, we listed possible troubleshooting methods you should try if you are unable to add a card to your Apple wallet.