Samsung provides a unique email to manage personal and corporate email on the Samsung device. Samsung email offers EAS integration for business, encryption using S/MIME to safeguard data and ease-of-use features such as insightful notifications, SPAM management. It also allows users to multiple email services on the device and using the Samsung email app.
While the Samsung email differs from other public email services providers such as Gmail, YahooMail, and many more. The email service by Samsung put an end to trouble logging Gmail or Yahoo on Samsung smartphone.
Here in this post, you will learn how to set up the Samsung Email login on your phone using the Samsung app for email. If you moved from other Android phones to Samsung you will also be able to access your email account from the old phone on your Samsung.
However, before we start the configuration, the following are (probably) going to be needed. If you do not have them right now kindly put a hold to this and make provision for them before you start.
- Personal or business email address
- The password to the email
- IMAP or Microsoft Exchange
- Security type
- Port number
All these information from your internet service provider might not be necessary, but, for the sake of this guide, we’d advise you to keep them at arm’s length so you can grab it when you need it.
How to Set up Samsung Email Login
Here is how to set up your email address on a Samsung smartphone without the Gmail or Yahoo app.
- Launch the email envelop from your Samsung app menu
- Click on “Menu” to the upper right
- Click “Manage Account” to the bottom of the screen
- Click the “+” add account sign
- Type your “Email” address
- Type your “Password”
- Click “Next”
- Choose from Samsung mail supports POP3, IMAP, or Microsoft Exchange accounts as your type of email address.
- Type your email address as your username
- Type your password once again.
- Provide your incoming settings for your internet service provider.
- Click “Next”
- Enter your outgoing settings for your internet service provider again.
- Click “Next”.
- Enter your name to be able to identify your Samsung email address
- Fill your real name in the column. This is the name that will show on all your outgoing messages.
- Click “Done”.
After this, you will be taken back to the “Manage Account” screen where you will see all information concerning the newly added email address.
How to Remove Gmail from Samsung
If you are scared about Gmail accessing your Samsung phone here is how to remove it.
- Click on “App Menu” from the home screen
- Click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Accounts”.
- Click on the “Google” icon.
- Click on the Gmail account.
- Click Menu to the top right.
- Click “Remove” account.
- Click “Remove Account” again to confirm.
These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
Note: You can always add it back if you care about it. However, since you have the default Samsung email on your device, the Gmail app on your Samsung might be useless.