WhatsApp version 2.19.221 APK comes with the long-awaited feature ever, not the dark mode that we have all been waiting for on Android. The new WhatsApp 2.19.221 caught us unware with the fingerprint lock feature and it does come in a beta version for Android users.
WhatsApp version 2.19.221 APK is available to download. You can download the new update with fingerprint lock from the Google play store for Android and app store for iOS (iPhone, iPad, & iPod).
|Supported On||Android 2.3+|
|Last Updated||12 August 2019|
WhatsApp fingerprint lock is previously called authentication or screen lock feature. The feature hasn’t be rolled out before though but you can use AppLock to lock your WhatsApp chat. However, the new release version 2.19.221.
Table of Contents
How to Get WhatsApp version 2.19.221
If you are still using WhatsApp version 2.19.220 you will not be to have access to the fingerprint lock feature. However, to get this feature here is what to do.
- Update your WhatsApp to new version 2.19.221 Android beta via the Google play store or download the APK version 2.19.221 from an APK store
Fingerprint Lock not Available on WhatsApp
If you have successfully upgraded to the latest WhatsApp version 2.19.221 and you discovered that the fingerprint lock feature isn’t available follow the procedures below to fix it.
- Backup your WhatsApp chat online or to an external source such as a MicroSD.
- Uninstall the WhatsApp app from your phone and restart your phone
- Download the latest WhatsApp from the Google play store or Download WhatsApp version 2.19.221 APK
If the fingerprint lock feature is still not available in your WhatsApp 2.19.221 then you have to wait until it’ll be available for all. As the time of writing this report, WhatsApp fingerprint lock version 2.19.221 is already availabe in India (400 million active users) etc.
Enable Fingerprint Lock in WhatsApp
After you have upgraded to downloaded the WhatsApp 2.19.221 version here is how to enable the fingerprint lock feature.
- Launch the WhatsApp version 2.19.221 (upgraded)
- click on menu >> settings
- Account >> privacy
- Click on fingerprint lock >> enable>>confirm
- Set lock automatically to immediate or 1 minute or 3 minutes depending on your choice of security measure.
The fingerprint lock will be active. And henceforth, when your WhatsApp is locked you will need to place the locked finger on it to unlock.
Install WhatsApp version 2.19.221 APK
Download WhatsApp 2.19.221 version from the link provided above to your Android phone and follow these procedures to install it.
- Go to settings >> security >> unknown sources >> enable
- Navigate to your download folder
- Find and click on “WhatsApp_2.19.221
- Tap on install to the bottom right
- Follow the screen to finish the installation
Once you have successfully installed the WhatsApp APK app go to settings >> account >> privacy >>fingerprint lock >> toggle the icon to enable >> confirm your fingerprint.