If you want to tell a friend if their apple watch is charging, here is a guide for you to follow.
If your Apple Watch displays a red lightning icon, this indicates that your watch needs to be charged. But at times, your watch can display a blank screen or a charging cable icon and a red lightning bolt, this also indicates that your watch battery is low and needs to be charged.
Here in this article, you will learn how to tell if apple watch is charging.
How To Tell If Apple Watch Is Charging
We would provide you with tips on how to tell if your Apple watch is charging:
- Plug your charging cable into a power adapter.
- Then plug the adapter into a good power wall outlet.
- Now place your charging cable on the back of your Apple Watch. The end of your charging cable magnetically sticks and should align properly to the back of your Apple Watch.
- You should hear a chime sound when your watch begins to charge and a charging symbol would be displayed on the face of your watch. If a red snake is displayed, your Apple Watch needs power and should be charged. If a green snake is displayed, your Apple watch is charging. If a yellow snake is displayed then your Apple Watch is in low-power mode.
Apple Watch Charging Screen Snake
If your Apple Watch displays a charging screen snake that means your watch is low and needs to be charged.
If you purchased an Apple watch from a store and it has not been charged for a very long time, the charging snake may appear on your device.
Your Apple watches charging screen snake display also indicates that your watch is experiencing charging issues and your watch is having a completely depleted battery that is not strong enough to boot your Apple watchOS.
Apple Watch Red Lightning Bolt When Charging
If a red lightning bolt appears on the screen of your watch this indicates that your Apple watch needs to be charged. Ensure you leave your Apple watch to charge for up to 30 minutes.
Here is how to charge your Apple watch:
- Take off your Apple watch before you charge it
- Plug your Apple watch magnetic charging cable into a USB power adapter.
- Plug the USB power adapter into a power outlet or plug the charging cable into a USB port.
- Place the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. Ensure you place the charger’s magnets to align with your Apple Watch. You will see a green lightning bolt on the face of your Apple watch.
- Give your Apple Watch enough time to fully charge.
Why Is My Apple Watch Not Charging
Follow these troubleshooting steps to fix charging issues you may encounter with your Apple watch:
Replace Power Wall Outlet
If your Apple watch is not charging, ensure you check your power wall outlet.
You can plug another device into the wall outlet or test the wall outlet for connectivity using a multimeter.
If the multi-meter fails to read or the other device fails to charge, then the wall outlet is defective and you should replace the wall outlet.
Replace Charging Cable
You are recommended to use the charging cable that came with your Apple watch at the period of purchase and not use a third-party charging cable.
If your Apple watch does not charge, ensure you replace the charging cable as it may have been damaged.
You can order a replacement charging cable online from any Apple store or an online store.
Make sure you purchase an original charging cable for your Apple watch.
Replace USB Power Adapter
If your Apple watch is not charging, you should consider replacing the USB power adapter as it may have been damaged.
You can also order a replacement online from apple stores or online stores. However, ensure you purchase an original USB power adapter to effectively charge your Apple watch.
Force Restart Your Apple Watch
Follow these steps to force restart your Apple watch:
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo.
Replace Your Apple Watch Battery
If after trying all the steps that we listed above and your Apple watch is not charging, then you should consider replacing your watch battery. Permanent damage to the battery may have prevented your Apple Watch from charging.
Take your watch to an Apple centre, to have the battery replaced and you would be charged a fee. The warranty doesn’t cover a battery that wears down from normal use. But if you have previously purchased AppleCare, your watch would be fixed at no additional cost.
Apple Watch Charging Screen
If your Apple watch is displaying a red lightning bolt, this means that your watch needs to be charged. Once your Apple watch begins to charge, the red lightning bolt could change to a yellow or green lightning bolt.
But if your Apple watch displays a blank screen or if the charging cable icon and a red lightning bolt appear on the screen of your Apple watch, this indicates that your watch battery is low and needs to be charged.
How Do I Know If My Apple Watch Is Charging When Its Dead?
If your Apple Watch is totally dead and would want to know if your watch is charging:
- Plug your charging cable into a power adapter.
- Plug the adapter into a good power wall outlet.
- Position your charging cable on the back of your Apple Watch.
- You would hear a chime sound when your watch begins to charge and a charging symbol would show on your watch face.
- If a red snake is displayed, your Apple Watch is low and you should leave it to charge for at least 30 minutes.
- If a green snake is displayed, then your Apple Watch is charging and you should leave to charge fully.
- If a yellow snake is displayed then your Apple Watch is in low-power mode.
Why Is My Apple Watch Not Showing That Its Charging?
- Make sure the back of your Apple Watch and the magnetic charger are clean and properly aligned to the center.
- Replace the USB power adapter.
- Replace the charging cable.
- Change wall outlet.
- Force restart your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button and Digital Crown, then release buttons when the Apple logo appears.
How Long Does Apple Watch Take To Charge From Dead?
If your Apple watch is totally dead it will take at least 1.5 hours to fully charge to 100%, using the included Apple Watch Magnetic Fast Charging USB-C Cable.