Have you been wondering how to turn off Oculus rift S? Then read through this article, as we will explain the steps required to turn off your Oculus rift S.
The Oculus rift S is a virtual reality device that was co-developed by Lenovo Technologies and Facebook (now known as Meta).
The Oculus rift S is famous among virtual reality enthusiasts and gamers, particularly for its halo strap that makes it quite comfortable to use and its ease of setup due to its excellent tracking system.
It also supports many high-end promising Oculus games that provide premium entertainment for many virtual reality gamers.
Typically when you take off the Oculus rift S headset, it automatically goes into sleep mode, which does not completely stop it from consuming power but allows it to consume just very little power.
If you would like to stop it from totally consuming power, then you have to completely turn off Oculus rift S.
The section of the article below will explain how to turn off Oculus rift S.
How to Turn off Oculus Rift S
If you prefer to turn off Oculus rift S completely, instead of leaving it on standby mode, you can follow turn it off by following the steps below.
- Put your Oculus rift S on standby mode by putting down the headset.
- Then close the Oculus application on your personal computer.
- Then disconnect the USB power cable from the power source to cut off the power supply.
- You can also shut down the rift controllers by removing the batteries inside of them.
If you have followed the steps above, then you have been able to turn off Oculus rift S.
How to Turn Off Oculus Rift S Controller
The Oculus rift S is battery-powered and does not have a dedicated power-off button, but you can force the Oculus rift S controller to shut down by taking out the battery in it.
You can also check out How to Take a Screenshot with Oculus Quest 2
How to Turn on Oculus Rift S
- Turn on your Oculus rift S by pressing the power button at the side of the headset.
- Now turn on your PC, and open the Oculus App.
- Then connect your USB cable to your PC’s USB port, and plug the other end into your Oculus Rift S headset.
If you have followed the steps above, then you have successfully turned on your Oculus Rift S virtual reality device.
Replace Oculus Accessories
You can replace your Oculus accessories following the link below with at least a 25% discount
How to Turn Off Oculus Quest 2
The Oculus quest 2 is a standalone virtual reality device that you can use to play virtual reality games, watch movies and listen to music.
Follow the steps below to turn off Oculus quest 2:
- With your headset still turned on, press down the power button till a shutdown menu appears on your screen.
- Then select power off from the shutdown menu.
If you have followed the steps above, then you have been able to turn off Oculus Quest 2.
How to Disconnect Oculus Rift S
The Oculus rift S will automatically go to swift mode once you remove the headset from your head, although you should still expect it to keep consuming a very low amount of power.
If you, however, want to disconnect it totally, then all you have to do is to follow the steps below.
- Put down the Oculus rift S virtual reality device to put it into standby mode.
- Then close the Oculus app and turn off your computer.
- Now remove the Oculus rift S from the power source by removing the power cable from its outlet.
- Then remove the batteries from the Oculus rift controller to force it to shut down.
If you have followed the steps written above, then you have been able to disconnect your Oculus rift S fully.
How to Fix Oculus Rift Controller Always On
The Oculus rift controller is always designed to be on, although it consumes very little power while on standby mode.
However, if you want to force it to shut down, all you have to do is to remove the batteries from the Oculus controller.
Where is the Power Button on the Oculus
You can always find the Power button of the Oculus virtual reality device on the right-hand side of the headset, next to the indicator light.
Does Oculus Quest Turn Off Automatically
It does not completely turn off automatically, although when it is not in use or you press the power button, it would automatically enter sleep mode, which consumes very little power.
However, if you want to turn off the Oculus quest completely, you should follow the instructions given below.
- Press the power button on the right-hand side of your Oculus quest beside the indicator light until the shut-down menu appears on your screen.
- Then choose power off from the shutdown menu.
Your Oculus quest virtual reality device will then turn off automatically.
How Long Does Oculus Battery Last?
How long the Oculus battery will last typically depends on the activities you are engaging in when using the Oculus Quest.
If you are playing virtual reality games, you should expect the battery to last for approximately 2 hours, and when watching movies, you should expect the battery to last for approximately 3 hours.
This article has explained how to turn off the Oculus rift S. We also looked at how to turn on the Oculus rift S and turn off the Oculus Quest.