Ring camera is one of the most versatile security devices out there, with this piece of device you can record high-quality videos, access to two-way communication, and motion detections, and its easy to incorporate into your smart home,
Now, apart from the impressive features that ring camera offers, one of the things that are almost a pain in the neck to achieve with your ring camera is turning it off, especially the part of figuring out How to turn off ring camera without app.
And in some cases, you might be in your backyard or you’re sitting right in front of your surrounding, or maybe you’re busy somewhere inside your room and you have to move around almost every time, in scenarios like this, it will be unnecessary to keep the recording going since you are the one there and you don’t want to be storing up unnecessary files into the device.
You can simply power it OFF, however, it’s not as easy as it sounds especially if you want to do that manually without using the app.
However there are ways to power it off without the app and in this article, I will be writing on how to turn off a ring camera without app, but also we will touch on how to Power it Off using the app too.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera Without App
Before you can do this, you need to use either a hardwired Ring doorbell or a plug-in ring camera. A battery-powered ring camera won’t work for this, if you have the correct Ring camera type, below are the two major ways you can power it off
Using an Installed Switch
To do this you need to have a switch connected to the ring camera, probably installed on the wall, just as similar to your light switch. This step requires the help of electrical engineers to install the switch. After the installation, you can simply turn ON/OF the ring camera with just the press of a button.
Using your House’s Electrical Panel
This option requires you to turn off the electrical panel, and it is not an easy solution since it requires the help of an engineer if you don’t have a power panel installed in your home
To do this, simply go to your electric panel and switch off the circuit from the Ring doorbell or simply turn on the whole circuit.
Using a Physical Barrier
This is more of a creative answer to the question: how to turn off ring camera without app. and to carry it out simply get a physical barrier and
Moving forward apart from using the ring app, there are other ways of turning the ring camera OFF simply by disabling it,
instead of struggling to power it off, you can simply disable the setting to stop the ring camera from recording.
Moving on, since you’ve been exposed to how to turn off ring camera without app below are the various ways to put your ring camera in a state that reduces its activities to the barest minimum almost as similar to being OFF
Disable the Motion Detection of the Ring Camera
Since there are many easy ways to simply kill the activity of your ring camera, probably you don’t need it to function at a particular time maybe while you are busy arranging, you can easily stop it from working anytime a motion is detected and one of the ways to achieve that is to Turn off motion detection.
To do that follow the steps below:
- Launch the Ring app on your phone
- Login into your ring account
- Now, navigate to the ring device you want to disable and tap on it
- On the top, you should see a slider, now, move the slider all to the left edges to completely disable motion detection.
Use Modes to Turn Camera OFF
Moving on, another alternative you can try out is to stop the ring camera from working is to change the mode
The Modes is a recently introduced feature that makes it quite easier to know when to put your ring camera in an OFF/ON state based on certain behaviours, for example, you can set the mode to stop recording when you aren’t home,
And to change the mode here’s how to do it
- Launch the Ring app
- Go to the Menu. You can get there by tapping the hamburger icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on settings
- Now, tap modes.
- if you are seeing “enable modes” simply enable it and choose the default settings. On the next screen, you will see different modes named, Disarmed, Home, and Away
- Moving on, choose the camera you want to turn off and proceed to the Motion detection and live review
- Finally, tap the save.
Moving on, another way to stop the ring camera from working is by turning off the WIFI
Turn OFF Ring WIFI Connection
Now, turning OFF your home WIFI may be something you don’t want to do, and it’s understandable.
A better way around this is to Enable a guest network feature if your router comes with one and simply on or Off it when you want to power off your router or simply get another router and power it OFF anytime you want to turn off the ring camera
Since you’ve been able to successfully figure out how to turn off ring camera without app, below are some commonly asked questions regarding the topic.
How to Disable Ring Without Parents Knowing
There is a simple way to achieve that, and it is by turning off the notifications of the ring camera you don’t want them to know about.
If you are a shared user and the person controlling the account turns off shared users’ access you might not be able to alter this setting but if it isn’t altered here’s how you can go about it.
- Launch the Ring app.
- Next, Tap the Hamburg icon at the top left corner of the app interface
- Now, tap Devices and select the device you want to disable its notification
- On the next screen locate “ring alert” and toggle it OFF. After doing this, the colour shouldn’t be blue anymore
NOTE: This is the same process to follow if you want to figure out how to turn off a ring camera without a notification
Does Turning off WIFI Disable the Ring Camera
Your ring camera needs an internet connection to work, and in the absence of one, it will not be able to send live streams to your smartphone, or tablet, that is not all. also, it won’t be able to save the video recording to the cloud so basically, Killing the wifi signal to the ring chime makes it useless.
you can learn how to boost your wifi signal over here if your wifi signal is poor
Can anyone Change your Ring Camera Settings?
Yes, if you allow anybody to access your ring camera then he or she can access the camera modes and settings options and turn them on again.
So, to prevent access by anyone to your Ring camera settings options, turn off the shared user access. Go here to know how you can remove or turn off sharing access with anybody.
How to Disable Ring Camera on All Devices
To disable the ring camera on all devices, you simply have to disable motion detection or use the modes to turn off the camera, then the next step of action is to disallow shared access so that any devices sharing the account with you will not be able to enable the camera.
By following the steps below you will learn how to disable a ring camera on all devices.
- Launch the ring app.
- Next, go to the menu. you can get there by tapping on the hamburger icon in the top left corner to get to the menu
- Now, tap on Settings and then tap Modes. In a scenario where it isn’t enabled yet simply do so and chose the default setting
- Select the model you wish to adjust between the Disarmed, Home, or Away modes
- On the next screen, tap the Camera you wish to OFF and toggle the switch
- Now, Turn off the toggle switch beside Motion detection and Live views.
- Finally, tap Save.
Since you’ve been able to figure out how to turn off Ring camera without app, and you’ve used the “modes” to do that simply proceed to toggle the Shared User Access to ensure that no one will be able to adjust these settings.
How to Turn Off Ring Doorbell Without App [Pro]
The steps below will walk you through how to turn off a Ring doorbell without an app on the Ring doorbell pro.
- Launch the Ring app.
- select Devices.
- Now, tap your Ring Pro.
- Go to Device Settings > Doorbell Kit settings
- Now, tap the toggle to disable your doorbell chime. A green-coloured toggle means it’s still enabled it has to be white and ash. colour
- Finally, save your changes by taping on done.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera without Parents knowing without App
There is no official way to turn off the ring camera without parents knowing within the app if the ring camera app isn’t installed on your device. However, if you put the ring camera in setup mode it can delete or disrupt all the previous configurations on the ring camera settings.
Therefore, here in this how to turn off ring camera without parents knowing without an app, I’d advise you to download and install the ring camera app on your smartphone so as to have absolute control over the ring camera.
Note: You may need to take the necessary permission before you can turn off the ring camera after you have downloaded and installed the ring camera app on your phone.
- Launch the Ring doorbell app.
- Sign in with the ring doorbell administrative details.
- Click on the three lines on the top left
- Click on Device
- Tap Device Settings
- Click on the General Settings tile
- You may need to scroll up to see it
- Tap Deactivate Device
- Tap Keep Events — which includes videos
- Tap Got It! to complete the process.
The process above will deactivate the ring camera or doorbell until it’s turned on again. During this process, no motion will be recorded.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera Temporarily Without App
You can turn off your Ring camera temporarily so that the camera won’t be able to record your moment for the moment. So, by following the steps below, you will learn how to turn off a ring camera temporarily not without the app.
Note: You need the ring camera app to turn off the ring camera temporarily in the meantime.
- Download and install the ring camera app to your phone.
- Connect both the app and ring camera together.
- Go to the app settings.
- Select the name of the ring camera to turn off temporarily.
- Click on “Turn Off” to disable the motion sensor.
That is it. The step above will disable your ring camera temporarily until it’s turned on.
How to Stop Ring Camera from Recording
You can simply stop a ring camera from recording the voice of a particular scene but you’d have to turn on the ring camera later. So, by following the steps below, you will decipher how to stop ring camera from recording voice.
Note: You need the ring camera app to reconfigure your ring camera. So, here we will discuss briefly what to do when you want to stop your ring camera from recording.
- Open the ring camera app (both the app and ring cam must be connected).
- Click on the menu option (3 lines).
- Click on “Settings“
- Tap and enable “Modes.”
- You will see three “Modes” on the new screen
- Click on each of the “Mode” options and read the function of each.
- Turn off the function definition that suits the purpose of why you want to stop your ring camera from recording.
- Disable the toggle option on Motion Detection and Live View.
- Click on the “Save” button at the top.
If the steps above are executed correctly you will see that the ring camera will stop recording motion and live views.
How to Turn off Ring Camera without Notification
You can mute or disable the ring camera notifications. You won’t receive an alert at this. Also, you want to make sure that it’s what you want to do because you will no longer be able to monitor how the ring camera functions and a motion detection alert will no longer be sent to you.
So, if you really want to do this; the steps below show how to turn off ring camera without notification.
- Open the Ring app
- Select the Ring doorbell or camera to turn off notifications.
- Click the “Settings” gear icon
- Tap “Device Settings”
- Select the “Notification Settings” menu
- Click on “App Notification Tones”
- Turn off “Motion Notifications” (for Ring cameras and doorbells) or “Ring Notifications” (for Ring Doorbells).
How to Disable Ring Doorbell Without an App
You will need to equipment to disassemble your ring camera to disable it without the app. The easiest way you can do this is to remove the ring doorbell’s battery from the compartment if the ring doorbell uses a removable battery.
Therefore, in this part of how to disable ring doorbell without app, I will walk you through the steps to take to remove your ring doorbell battery.
- Unscrew the ring doorbell from the bottom.
- Remove the doorbell cover by lifting it up.
- Press the battery lock button to unlock it.
- Remove the battery from the ring doorbell.
The ring doorbell needs the battery to work. And once you have removed it the ring doorbell will be disabled.
Note: Couple the ring doorbell once you are ready by replacing the battery fully charged and screwing the face cover to protect the doorbell security.
How to Turn Off Ring Doorbell Manually
Why you cannot turn off your ring doorbell manually there is still a device to turn off your ring doorbell.
If you are using the old ring doorbell with a removable battery you can simply remove the battery from the ring doorbell to disable it.
But if your ring camera is one of the latest with a non-removable battery; you can simply turn off or disable the notification or alert to the minimum level.
Since you’ve figured out how to turn OFF the ring camera without the app and also with the app, doing it should be much of a hassle now.
However, out of the ways listed above, making use of the modes option to power off your ring camera is quite easier. It is currently supported in the UK and US alone, however, with time it will be supported in more countries. Also, if you are having issues with your ring spotlight camera check here to earn how to reset it.