If you have been using screen time on your iOS [iPhone] or Android devices to monitor your screen time [how much time you spent using your phone apps], and would now like to learn how to turn off screen time on your devices to use your phone freely without the device telling you that you are spending too much time on the device here is a guide. If that is the case, you are reading the right article, as we will discuss how to turn off screen time on iOS and Android in this guide.
Due to how essential our mobile devices have become to our everyday lives, we increasingly find ourselves spending a considerable amount of time during the day on our devices. While they typically make our lives easier and ensure that we are able to perform various tasks and stay in touch with close friends and families, prolonged use has been known to have an adverse effect on our health and other aspects of our lives.
To prevent dealing with the adverse effects of using mobile phones for an extended period, many devices have a screen time feature preinstalled. This feature can be used at will to perform various functions like tracking the time you spend daily across various apps on your phones and restricting notifications or access to certain apps and content at particular times.
If you would, however, prefer to turn off screen time for any reason, you can still conveniently do this, and the remaining sections of this article will explain how you can turn off screen time on your iPhone and Android devices.
How to Turn Off Screen Time on iPhone
The iPhone’s screen time feature has many excellent options that allow you to track and effectively manage your screen time. With options like screen time insight, which allows you to know exactly how long you spend on a particular app over a particular period, to downtime, which allows you to restrict access to certain apps at a particular time, and the app limit option that allows you set a limit for how long you can use an app in a day.
All of these options are very beneficial; however, if they no longer serve the purpose you except at a particular point, you can turn off screen time on your iPhone by following the basic instructions below.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings
- Click the Screen Time option.
- Scroll through the available options and click on the turn-off screen time button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your screen time passcode.
If you follow the steps above on your iPhone you will be able to turn off your iPhone screen time.
You can also check out How to Reset Apple Watch after Too Many Passcode Attempts.
How to Turn Off Screen Time on Android.
Screen time on Android comprises various time managing, restricting, and tracking features. Unlike the iOS device, there is no particular way you can turn off screen time on Android, as it is a feature that consistently reads and computes the time you spend on your device.
However, the digital well-being bedtime feature on Android, which is a feature that allows you to prevent notifications and activate grayscale mode to help reduce the blue light emission from your device screen, can be turned on and off.
You can turn off the bedtime mode on your Android device by following the instructions below.
- Open the settings app on your Android device.
- Click on the parental settings and digital well-being option.
- Click on bedtime mode
- Scroll down to tap the stop bedtime mode option.
Once you turn on bedtime mode on your Android device, the grayscale will be deactivated, and your phone will revert to regular programming.
How to Turn Off Screen Time Without Passcode
While Android devices do not require a password for the screen time feature, certain features on the iPhone’s screen time require you to set a password.
If you use a password for your iPhone’s screen time, it is virtually impossible to turn off the screen time without using the password, and this is so to prevent unauthorized access to your screen time that might result in changing your settings.
The available solution to resolve this issue is to use the forgot password feature to reset your screen time password, and you can do this by following the instructions below.
- Launch your iPhone’s settings app.
- Click on the screen time option.
- Click on the change screen time password option and tap the change screen time passcode option.
- Click the forgot passcode option
- Input your Apple ID email when prompted.
- Enter a new password and input the password again to verify your input.
Once you have followed the instructions above and have successfully changed your password, you can then turn on screen time on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Go to the screen time menu on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap the turn off screen time button at the bottom of the screen.
- Input your newly set password to complete the process.
How to Reset Screen Time Passcode on MAC
The iOS ecosystem is interconnected with each other, so if you own a MAC, you can always use it to reset your screen time passcode by following the instructions below.
- Ensure your MAC’s operating system is updated to at least macOS Catalina 10.15.4.
- Then click on your Apple menu and select system settings or system preference.
- Then click on screen time and select change passcode.
- Then tap forgot passcode and input the Apple ID and password you used in setting up the screen time password.
- Then enter the new screen time password and enter it again to confirm.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to reset your screen time password using your MAC.
This article has given a detailed guide on how you can turn off screen time on your iPhone and Android mobile phones. We also talked about the importance of the screen time feature and how it can be used to manage and track the time you spend on your device across various apps, which can help you make decisions to have healthy phone habits.