A Vizio TV without a remote is not useless yet. There is a walk around on how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote and navigate the TV functions without the remote.
Although, the Vizio TV remote is quite essential and we cannot overlook the fact that it renders the Vizio TV power button useless. However, maybe now is the time to find your Vizio TV power button if you don’t know the power button is located.
If you lost your Vizio TV remote or the remote is damaged without the intention to spend more on a new Vizio TV remote, you can use the Vizio smart TV without the remote.
That sounds funny because a lot of us do not know where the Vizio smart TV power button is located. However, you may still not bother to check where the TV power button is located since your Smartphone can be used to control the Vizio TV instead of the TV remote.
Before we dive into how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote you may want to ask where the Vizio smart TV or non-smart TV power button is located.
Where is the Vizio TV Power Button
The position of the Vizio TV power button varies and it depends on the year of the product. However, from our research, we discover that the Vizio Smart TV power button is often situated in the following locations on the TV.
- At the back of the TV besides the ports.
- To either of the sides of the TV.
- At the bottom of the TV between the TV and the TV table.
The power button is hardly situated at the top of the TV. However, if the TV power button is located at the back and the TV’s mounted to the wall, then, you might need to remove it from the wall each time you want to turn on the TV without the remote control.
How to Turn on Vizio TV without a Remote
There are four different methods that you can follow to turn on your Vizio TV without using a remote. Although the fastest approach to turn on your Vizio Smart TV is using the TV remote so that you can do that at a distance instead of walking to the TV to turn on the TV with the options that will be discussed here.
These are the ways to turn on a Vizio TV without using a TV remote.
- Use the Vizio TV power button.
- You can turn on/off your Vizio TV using the SmartCast app.
- If you have a PS4 console you can use it to turn on the Vizio TV.
- Nintendo Switch can be used to turn on the Vizio Smart TV.
With these methods, you can turn on your Vizio TV if the remote gets lost/damaged or the remote is out of your range.
How to Turn on Vizio TV without a Remote using the Power Button
If you haven’t used the Vizio TV power button now, this is the right time to locate the power button and use it to turn on your Vizio. However, using my Vizio smart TV, you can follow the steps below to turn on your TV.
- Locate the Vizio TV power button on the TV.
- Press and hold the power button for about 2 seconds and let it go.
If the TV is plugged into the wall socket the TV will turn without using the remote. With this, even if the TV was turned off using the remote, the steps above will override it and turn the TV on without the power button.
How to Turn on a Vizio TV with SmartCast App
The SmartCast app is the official Vizio TV app for Android and iOS to control the TV remotely. With this app, you can control Vizio TV without a remote and the process is quite simple and easy to follow.
- Download and install the Vizio TV SmartCast app for your smartphone (Android & iOS).
- Launch the SmartCast app once you have successfully downloaded and installed the remote app on your phone.
- To pair the SmartCast remote app with your Vizio TV select “Pair Device” >> Add” at the upper right corner of the app screen.
- Wait for the device to be paired and select “Control” at the bottom of the app screen.
- Tap “Device” again and select the name of your TV from the list. Meanwhile, if the TV name isn’t coming up, you might need to move close to the TV a bit with the phone with the SmartCast.
- If you choose the right TV from the available devices the mobile remote will appear on the phone screen.
You can keep using the SmartCast remote app on your phone with your Vizio TV pending when you will see the TV remote or get a replacement if the TV remote is damaged.
The disadvantage of using the SmartCast mobile app to turn on your Vizio TV without the remote is that other users would have to install a similar app on their phone as well or a smartphone is dedicated to using the SmartCast app on the TV remote.
How to Turn on Vizio TV without a Remote using PS4
Here is another method that can be used to turn on your Vizio TV without a remote. Although this method requires additional gadgets. So, those without the PS4 console won’t be able to utilize this approach to power their Vizio smart TV.
- Connect your Vizio TV and PS4 using an HDMI cable.
- Go to “Settings” on your PS4 and select System.
- Check the option to “Enable HDMIN Device Link.”
- Each time your Turn on PS4 your Vizio TV will turn on itself and choose the HDMI option.
Note that to use this method to turn on the Vizio TV means each time you want to use the Vizio TV you will need to turn on the PS4 console as well.
How to Turn on a Vizio TV without a Remote using Nintendo Switch
Follow the steps below to use your Nintendo Switch to turn on your Vizio Smart TV without a TV remote.
- Connect your Nintendo Switch to your Vizio TV using the dock.
- Highlight and select “System Settings” from the home screen.
- Select “TV Settings” on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to “Match TV Power State” to toggle the option to “ON.”
Now, when the Nintendo Switch is turned off the TV will be switched off and when the TV is turned on, the Vizio TV will turn on to the appropriate channel using the dock input.
Although, none of these methods outshined using the TV remote to control your TV. But, when the TV remote is damaged or misplaced, these options are valid and can go a long way to help you fix things up.
So, did you enjoy this article on how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote?