We see blur images so many times on the internet, social media, and on our Android and iPhone/iPad to hide the sensitive part of the image. And one can be wondering about the possibility of unblurring the blurred part of the picture. Therefore, if you are one of the few people that is ready to learn how to unblur a picture on your phone, you will learn everything in this guide. Here in this guide, you will learn how to unblur a picture on Android and iPhone/iPad.
It’s easy to blur image than unblurring it. Almost all apps, including all the social media app such as WhatsApp, has “blur” to cover what you don’t want people to see. But, to remove the covered part calls for a different approach.
For most computer users such as Windows and Mac, you can easily unblur sensitive parts using editing tools like Photoshop, which could call for more approach when planning to unblur image on Android and iPhone.
Therefore, in this article, we will walk you how to unblur a picture on Android which contain sensitive part such as the face, etc. So, in this post, you will learn how to unblur a face in photos on Android and iPhone/iPad.
How to Unblur a Face in a Photo on Android
It could be a nightmare for non-photographer to unblur where it’s blurred in an image. However, sometimes, your snapped pictures can be blurred depending on your device settings, most especially if you are using a smartphone such as Android and iPhone other than a digital camera.
So, if you are not a photographer and you need an expert approach to unblur part of an image or picture on Android, here is the guide for you. In this guide, we will section it into the part; we will consider how to unblur photos in photoshop on Android and iPhone and list some recommended apps to unblur face or sensitive part of an image.
How to Unblur Sensitive Part on Windows using Microsoft Paint
Paint is a free tool offered by Microsoft to edit images, blur and unblur sensitive parts.
- Open “Microsoft Paint” on your Windows computer.
- Click File >> Open and select the image you want to unblur.
- Tap “Lauer >> duplicate button” so that you can create a layer that you will use with the layer mask.
- Tap “Adjust” to open a new window.
- To adjust the picture, adjust the picture “clipping,” “radius,” and “strength.” The settings of these options vary depending on the level of the blurred image you want to unblur. Most times, I prefer to set the radius to 2 or 3 and strength to 100 for the best result.
- Keep adjusting the settings until the blurred part appears visible, and you can easily identify the blurred part and tap on the OK button to save changes.
- For desired sharpness, adjust the “Opacity to something like 60 or 70 for best result.
- Now, to create the unblurred image, go to “Merge >> layer selection” and repeat it on “Merge all Flatten” to produce the picture without the blur part.
If this is too complicated to unblur pictures sensitive part, proceed to the next step.
How to Unblur Image using Photoshop
Photoshop is a professional tool. So, you may want to take a professional class to learn how to use it. But, for the sake of this guide, you will learn how to unblur a picture on photoshop. We will not walk you through how to download and install the Photoshop photo editor software. So, let’s get down to business.
- Launch the Photoshop photo editing software.
- Open the image in using the “Photoshop element.”
- Tap “Filter >> Enhance.
- Tap “Unsharp Mask” from the option.
- To unblur the photo, adjust the radius and amount until the desired image brightness appears.
This is more like a trial and error. So, you need to keep adjusting until you achieve the best image sharpness possible.
Alternatively, if you don’t want o use the element approach in photoshop to remove the blur part of an image, here is another approach.
- Right-click on the photo with blurred part and select open with “Photoshop.”
- Tap “Duplicate” to duplicate the background layer of the image.
- Set “Filter, others, and high pass” to 10%.
- In the blend mode, set it to “hard light” and use the “Opacity” to adjust the image until the blurred part appears visible to the eyes.
How to Unblur a Picture on iPhone using Focos
Here, we are going to use a tool called “Focos” to unblur a picture on the iPhone.” Other apps you can use include Vsco, Afterlight, and Adobe Lightroom. All the apps are paid, and they follow the same trend to work and unblur your photo.
- Launch the “Focos” app.
- Select the photo/picture with a blurred part.
- Adjust the focus using the slider until the best result is achieved.
- Adjust the contrast between far intensity and near intensity for the perfect result.
This tool has a paid version. For the best result possible, you can go for the paid version if the free version didn’t serve you enough.
How to Make Blurruing Picture Clear on Online
Here I am going to share with you some popular websites to make blurring picture clear on your Android devices using free online services.
- Fotor Photo Blur
- Photo Sharpen
These services are free online service to make blurring pictures clear online.
How to Make Blur Pictures Clear using SmartDeblur
SmartDeblur is an online tool to make blur image Sharpe and visible to ordinary eyes without using a microscope. The tool auto-detect blur part of a picture and offer to remove the cover from the picture to make it clear.
SmartDeblur supports undo features when there is a mistake in the process. So, with the tool, you can easily reverse the whole process and start all over again.
How Unblur a Picture on Android and iPhone/iPad using Snapseed
Snapseed app offers a simple and straightforward approach to remote blurring part of a picture on Android and iPhone/iPad. Just as the unblurring app is available for Android and iOS, Windows users can also download and install the app on to remove blur from a picture.
Now, here is how to use the Snapseed to unblur photos on your Android and iPhone/iPad.
- Download and install the Snapseed app for Android & iPhone/iPad.
- Launch the app on your phone.
- Upload the photos with a blurred part.
- Tap options and select unblur/Sharpen.
- Select “Structure >> Shore more details.
With this app, you can unblock blur part of a picture and improve the image sharpness and quality.
Unblurring Pictures with GIMP on Windows
If you ever need a desktop software to unblur images on Windows we recommend using the GIMP software. The GIMP is a high-quality photo manipulation tool to retouch and unblur blurred part.
- Download and install the GIMP software.
- Launch the software, accept terms and conditions.
- Upload the picture.
- Go to Toolbox >> Blur/Sharpen
- Use the tool to manipulate the picture clarity.
- Keep adjusting the picture with the unblur tool until you achieve the clarity you want.
How to Unblur Images Using Fotor Photo Blur
Fotor photo blur app will give your picture a professional look after the whole touches. With the tool, you can unblur and blur pictures/photos/images and set the contrast to the best you demand. With the tool, you simply need to upload and choose the option to remove the blurred background in the picture.
How to Unblur Pictures using Blurity
Blurity helps to remove blur from pictures taken in motion. Supposing you took a picture while in motion and got blurred due to poor stability and want the picture in a better mode, you can go with the Blurity tool to remove the blurred part.
When removing blur fro picture you would want the best of it without watermark. However, if you choose to go with the Blurity tool to unblur your picture, the free version will add watermark to the image after it has removed the blur part.
But if you don’t want your picture to be watermarked after you have achieved the best possible clarity, you need to upgrade to a premium version with a whopping $79.
There are different approaches to unblur pictures on Android, iPhone/iPad and Windows/Mac. You can choose to use an online tool or website and you use a free app on your smartphone. With this guide, you should be able to unblur a picture on your Android and iPhone/iPad.