Samsung Smart Switch (SSS) is a free tool to transfer contents from an old Samsung phone to a new Samsung phone or a PC. Smart switch is a tool to use when you want to move contents from your old Samsung to a new Samsung phone.
The Samsung Smart Switch doesn’t work on all Android phones. It is only compatible with Samsung phones alone. It’s mainly to transfer file between Samsung smartphones.
Other Android users can also use the Smart Switch mobile (SSM) app to copy or move contents from one phone to another and from phone to computer and also, Samsung Smart Switch PC also lets users transfer files from PC to a mobile phone.
However, the Smart Switch mobile app is officially for Samsung users to move their contents such as messengers, apps, messages, movies, songs, videos, and the rest when they purchased a new Samsung phone.
You simply need to download Smart mobile app to copy your contents from your old Galaxy phone to a new Galaxy phone.
If you, however, want to use the Smart switch mobile on other phones other than Samsung such as Android phone the Smart Switch APK is the best option.
Here n this guide, you will learn how to use Smart Switch on PC and how to download Samsung Smart Switch APK for Android.
Table of Contents
Smart Mobile Compatible Phone
The Smart Mobile app from the Google play store is strictly from Samsung phones. However, other interested users such as other Android phones will have to go with the Smart mobile APK.
The list of compatible Samsung phones is mentioned below.
Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Active, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy S2, S2-HD, S3, S3-mini, S4, S4-mini, S4-Active, S4-Win, Premier, Note 1, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8.0, Note 10.1, Grand, Express, R style, Mega, Galaxy Tab3(7, 9, 10) Galaxy Tab2(10).
Install Samsung Smart Switch on PC
Smart Switch as a Windows and MacOS X software requires a minimum of 32-bits for Windows and works on all Mac. However, to successfully install the Smart sitch mobile app on Windows or MacOS, here is what you need to do.
1. Go to Samsung apps download source and search for “Smart Mobile” using the search box. On the Smart Switch download page, you can download for Samsung from the play store or for iPhone from Apple apps store and there is also a link for Mac and Windows.
2. For Windows computer, the “Smart Switch.exe” will be downloaded and for Mac OS, the “Smart Switch.dmg“ installer will be downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder and click on the Samsung Smart Switch installer for your Windows. The installer you downloaded from “step 3” above.
4. To proceed you must accept the “terms and conditions” otherwise the installation process will be terminated.
5. Tap on “Next” on the new rollout and wait until the smart switch mobile app is installed successfully.
6. Click “Done” and you are done.
The same procedure is applicable to Windows and Mac. However, before we discussed how to use Samsung smart switch on PC, let discuss how to download Smart Switch mobile app for Samsung and Android.
How to Connect Samsung Smart Switch to a Samsung Phone
If you have successfully installed Smart Mobile software on your Windows or Mac computer, the next should be how to sync your Samsung phone to your computer to be able to backup your Galaxy phone to your PC.
1. Click on the “Samsung Smart Switch Software” icon on your Windows or Mac computer.
2. You need to connect your Samsung Phone to your computer using a USB cable or make sure your phone and your computer are connected to the same WiFi.
See how to use Xender as a WiFi to transfer files from one device to another without data or Bluetooth. Only WiFi is required!
3. Once your phone has been successfully connected to your computer as indicated by the “Smart Switch application“. Go to your Samsung phone and swipe down the notification tray to check the Smart Mobile app notification on your phone.
4. Tap on other “USB Notification” and click on “Transfer” file option to proceed to file selection.
5. Now, a full connection should be established between your computer and your Samsung phone.
Backup with Samsung Smart Switch
We have done the hardest part which is to connect your computer and your Samsung device together to initiate the backup process using the Smart Switch app.
1. Find the “Samsung Smart Switch” software icon on your computer desktop and launch it.
2. Tap on “Backup“
3. Navigate to your phone and swipe down the notification tray and tap to allow “Smart Switch” permission.
4. Select the backup source on your phone. For MicroSD select memory card and for phone storage backup select phone.
5. Select files you will want to back up from your Samsung to your PC and wait until the entire process is completed.
6. Once the backup is done successfully tap on the finish button.
Thanks to Samsung Smart Switch you have successfully backup your Samsung phone to your computer. Should you want to restore your backup files, follow the procedures next!
Restore Back up with Samsung Smart Switch
It’s very easy to backup Samsung phone to your computer using the Smart Switch application. However, the smart app also offers a means to restore backup files.
Here, we share how to restore a backup with the Samsung Smart Switch software on Windows and Mac computer.
1. Connect your “Samsung” phone to your computer and launch the “Samsung Smart Switch Software” from your desktop icon.
2. From the three options available, tap on the “Restore” option
3. Access all available backup files and select the specific backup files to restore.
4. Get hold of your phone and swipe the notification tray to grant permission coming from the “Smart Switch” software.
5. Once the permission is granted the selected restore files will be restoring and once done, a break down of the files restored will popup.
6. Tap “OK” to finish restore.