In case you paired Oculus Quest 2 with someone else’s phone before you got your own and now you want to connect it to yours but you don’t know how to go about it. Follow the simple steps outlined in this article to guide you on how to unpair Oculus Quest 2.
Oculus Quest 2 does not particularly connect to a phone, it rather pairs to your account. So far you sign in to the phone app with the same account, and the Oculus Quest 2 will automatically connect.
There are three types of Quest headsets, one was designed for PCs while the other two are for mobile devices.
With that being unfolded, we will take you through the process to take to unpair your Oculus 2.
Recommended: How to Factory Reset Oculus Go
How to Enable Cloud Backup before Unpairing Oculus Quest 2
Once Cloud Backup is enabled on your device, Meta will help back up your device’s app data, such as game progress or game settings, to the cloud. This allows you to quickly resume where you left off in a game if you reset your device, reinstall an app, or set up a new device.
Your app data is usually encrypted on the device once you can keep your Cloud Backup data safe and it remains encrypted on their servers. Follow the steps below to enable Cloud backup:
- Wear your headset, then move over the clock on the left side of the Universal Menu.
- Once Quick Settings appears, choose it to open the Quick Settings panel.
- Select Settings >> System >> Backup.
- Click on the toggle next to Cloud Backup to enable Cloud Backup or disable it.
Note that even though Cloud Backup is available to all developers, it’s left for developers to decide whether to enable this feature for their respective apps and also the specific data to be backed up.
How to Remove Data from Oculus Quest 2 Remotely
You can perform a remote wipe of your Meta Quest headset using your account even if you don’t have physical access to your device. To remove data from the Meta Quest headset remotely, follow the steps below:
- On a computer, go to your Meta Quest Devices page.
- Select your headset from the list of available devices.
- Click on Delete Device Data then tap Continue.
- Once you don’t see this option, it means that the software version may not support remote wipes.
- Finish the verification flow to verify your identity.
- Once the factory reset has been completed, your device will disappear from the list.
- The next time that it comes online, it will then be factory reset.
That’s it! This is how to unpair Oculus Quest 2 remotely.
How to Unpair Oculus Quest 2 from Phone
Unpairing Oculus Quest 2 from a phone requires a simple process, follow the steps below:
- Open the Oculus app on your smartphone to begin.
- Click on the bottom Menu item to access Devices.
- On the smartphone, click on the headset.
- Now, click on Advanced Settings.
- To reset the factory; simply click on Factory Reset.
Now, you have successfully unpaired Oculus Quest 2 from your phone.
How to Unpair Oculus Quest 2 from App
Here is how to unpair Oculus Quest 2 from App, follow the steps below:
- Ensure your phone is connected to the Oculus mobile app to open the app.
- From the bottom navigation Menu, you can access Devices.
- The particular headset you are presently pairing with can be viewed by simply clicking on its image.
- Once the controller that you want to pair has been selected, click on that controller.
- Click on Unpair Controller.
That’s it! You have now unpaired Oculus Quest 2 from App.
How to Factory Reset Oculus Quest 2
When performing a factory reset, note that this process is irreversible and will delete all account information, downloaded games, and any content regardless of the headset. However, a factory reset won’t erase content you already purchased or downloaded from your account.
To factory reset Oculus Quest 2, two methods are involved, which are from the phone app or the headset.
Reset an Oculus Quest 2 With the Phone App
Once you have the Oculus mobile app for iPhone or Android installed on your smartphone, you can log in, and your Quest 2 will be listed among the available registered devices in the app.
Now, you can easily perform a factory reset. This is the easiest way to reset a Quest headset, but if your headset is having issues, these steps won’t always work. Here’s how to do it:
- Ensure that your Quest is charged, then open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Click on the “Menu” button to get started.
- Select “Devices” to find your headset.
- Click on the particular headset you want to reset and then select “Advanced Settings.”
- Click on “Factory Reset” in this Menu and verify your choice by clicking on “Reset.”
Now, simply wait for your headset to go back to factory settings. This is how to unpair Oculus Quest 2 by hard resetting via the Phone app.
Reset an Oculus Quest 2 on the Headset
If your Oculus Quest 2 won’t connect to the app or you don’t have access to the app, you can simply force a factory reset by using the buttons on the headset, following the steps below:
- Ensure that your Quest is fully charged.
- Power off your headset and turn the headset on.
- Press down the power and volume–down buttons at the same time until you see the boot screen.
- Note that these are just representations of the boot screen by Oculus.
- It may look a bit different in your Quest, but the principle is the same.
- With the aid of the volume buttons, highlight “Factory Reset” and tap the power button to select it.
- To verify your selection, press the power button again.
- Now, wait for a few seconds to allow the reset process to be completed and you can either set the Quest 2 up from the beginning or box it up for sale or gifting.
Once you have successfully factory reset your Oculus Quest 2, it will be formatted to the same state it was when you first took it out of the box.
All your data will be deleted, such as your account data, games, screenshots, video clips, and even game saves. If possible, ensure to allow your Quest to sync with your online account before you go ahead to reset it. If you don’t, all the information will be lost forever.