For so many reasons you may want to learn how to update your Logitech mouse driver on Windows such as Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11. This covers all the Logitech products that use either the Logitech Gaming Software or Logitech advanced gaming software such as the Logitech wireless mouse or Logitech Bluetooth mouse, Logitech wireless keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard, and other Logitech smart home devices that depend on the Logitech gaming software to work on Windows computer.
So, here in this article, to fix your Logitech remote not working and other troubleshooting that you need that is related to the Logitech mouse driver on your Windows computer, we will take you through the steps to take to update your Logitech mouse driver on Windows 8.1/10/11.
How to Update your Logitech Mouse Driver in Windows
Three methods can be used to update your Logitech Mouse driver on your Windows computer. These include;
- Update your Logitech mouse driver via the Windows drivers’ manager.
- Download the latest Logitech mouse driver from the official Logitech driver update page.
- Update the Logitech driver for your mouse or keyboard automatically
Now, we will take you the each of these steps to download and update your Logitech mouse driver in Windows 10, 11 and Windows 8.
How to Update your Logitech Mouse Driver via Windows Drivers’ Manager
Your Windows can download and install outdated drivers automatically and of course, there is a manual approach. So, here, I will walk you through the steps to follow to update your Logitech mouse driver via the Windows drivers’ manager.
- Click on the Windows icon on your Windows 10/11/8.
- Search for “Device Manager“ and click on it from the search result.
- Expand “Mice and other pointing devices.“
- Right-click on the “Logitech Mouse driver” and click on “Update Driver.“
- Select “Search automatically for drivers” under “how do you want to search for drivers.”
- Your Windows computer will search the internet for the latest Logitech mouse driver and install it.
- However, if your driver is updated you should see the best driver for your device is installed.
If you prefer to go hassle-free the process above is recommended as your Windows will determine the version of the Logitech mouse firmware you installed and compare it with the one on the internet. The system will identify which is new for you and walk you through the necessary steps to take.
How to Download and Install the Latest Logitech Mouse Software from the Official Portal
This method is a manual approach that can be used to download and install the Logitech Mouse software if you were unable to update the mouse driver via the Windows device manager.
Therefore, here we are going to walk you through how to download and install the official Logitech mouse software from the official web page and install it on your Windows computer to upgrade the outdated Logitech mouse driver.
- Go to the official Logitech driver download page.
- Hover your Mouse point to Support >> Supports >> Download.
- Type the name of your mouse or copy and paste “Wireless Combo MK270 Drivers” and select it from the search results.
- Download the Logitech mouse driver to your Windows computer. By default, the downloaded files will be saved in the download folder except the location is changed or preset to another location.
- Double-click on the “exe” file or run as administrator.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to install and replace the outdated Logitech driver on your Windows.
This method will help you to identify the version of the Logitech driver you are upgrading to, unlike the previous method that was discussed above.
Meanwhile, for a non-techie person, it could be hard following through the manual method to download and install the Logitech mouse driver on your Windows computer. However, whichever method you choose to follow you will end up downloading and installing the latest driver update for your Logitech mouse.