Apple Pay is one of Amazon’s Payment Services that uses Apple cash and Apple card as a means of legit transactions since you can’t use Apple Pay on Amazon directly. However, there are several legit ways to use Apple Pay such as using Apple cards and Apple cash to make purchases on Amazon seamlessly. This article will guide on how to use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone.
Currently, Amazon Payment Services accept payments from only three well-known digital wallets namely: Apple Pay, Masterpass, and Visa Checkout. Although Amazon allows online vendors to accept Apple Pay, individual vendors have to enable the feature since many don’t accept digital wallet payments yet.
In this post, you will learn how to use your Apple Card to make Amazon purchases and also how to transfer money from Apple Cash to your bank account easily so you can use the debit card linked to your account to purchase things from Amazon.
Until there’s a direct way to use Apple Pay on Amazon easily, we might still have to use different means. The two ways to use your Apple Wallet app to make Amazon purchases include via Apple Card or Apple Cash. Read on for more details below!
Note that once you set your Apple card as the default payment method, it will automatically bill that exact card. In case you didn’t set your card as the default one, click on Payment Information. Now, choose your Apple Card and then tap Continue. Then, finish the checkout process as normal. Read on How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone below.
What to know about Apple Pay
Apple Pay is one of the latest innovations that allow you to make digital payments via your iPhone. If you have any iOS devices, then you will find Apple Pay as an easy way to pay. Payment is authorized by customers via their preferred authentication methods such as passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID.
Apple Pay is one of the Wallet applications designed to stop the need to carry around physical credit and debit cards. Apple Pay, just like Google Pay and Samsung Pay, lets users enter the card details from their real-life credit and debit cards. Instead of taking your card around or searching through your handbag for minutes before you can locate your physical credit card, you can always use your iPhone to make these purchases online or in stores via your virtual credit card.
Before any transaction can be made on Apple Pay, you need to authenticate yourself to verify your identity via Face ID, fingerprint scanner, or a passcode. It’s very easy to use Apple Pay in stores as you only need to hold your iPhone close to the NFC payment terminal and wait for a few seconds for the confirmation screen to be displayed. How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone here.
Amazon Payment Services products and features completely support Apple Pay. You can provide your customers with an absolute payment process via their Apple mobile device. Other supported payment networks are American Express, Mastercard, and Visa as well as local payment methods like Mada.
The following are the uses of Apple Pay:
- Apple Pay can be used instead of the traditional card payment option anytime.
- Apple Pay functions like any other digital wallet.
- Customer can store their payment card details in Apple Pay, and while checking out, they can simply choose their preferred payment card in Apple Pay.
- Apple Pay can be used to accept payments for physical or digital goods; donations, subscriptions, and so on.
- Note that Apple Pay is only available to cardholders at engaging banks in supported countries.
- You can always check out Apple’s documentation covering engaging banks to know which banks and countries are supported.
- When you use a credit or debit card with Apple Pay, the exact card numbers are not usually stored on the device or Apple servers. Rather, a unique Device Account Number is allocated, encrypted, and securely saved in the Secure Element on the user’s device, where each transaction is authorized with a one-time unique dynamic security code.
- No extra fee is added for processing transactions via digital wallets.
How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone here.
How to add your Apple Wallet and Apple Card to Amazon
To add your Apple wallet and Apple card to Amazon for a seamless payment experience and transaction, follow the steps below:
- On your Mac or PC, open Amazon.
- Select “Accounts & Lists” by tapping the dropdown arrow on the top toolbar.
- This usually appears immediately below a welcome with your name, next to the search function.
- Tap on “Your Account”.
- Under “Ordering and Shopping preferences”, on the following page, select “Payment choices”.
- To access “Credit or Debit Cards” scroll down.
- Note that Amazon accepts every main credit card, and you may begin inputting a new card by choosing the first entry box.
In case you have Touch ID and Keychain set up to save credit cards, you will see these options pop up in a dropdown Menu.
Apple Card Vs Apple Cash
Amazon does not integrate Apple Pay into its checkout system, unlike other popular shopping sites. However, if you have Apple Cash and Apple Card, then you can make payments on Amazon.
Apple Card is a credit card designed by Apple which is supported by Mastercard and Goldman Sachs. Its features include interest rates and cashback rewards such as a traditional credit card, but it’s used mostly as a digital credit card on smartphones or tablets.
The Apple Cash on the other hand is a built-in feature of the Apple Pay platform that allows you to give, receive, and request money via iMessage. Apple addresses it as a “reloadable prepaid debit card stored in Apple Wallet”. It’s related to Venmo, but you need to fund your Apple Cash account via the Wallet app using your debit card. Apple Cash is also compatible with all iOS devices, such as the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and even Mac. How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone here.
How to Add Apple Card as an Amazon Payment on iPhone
Since Amazon does not directly combine Apple Pay into its checkout system, you can still use cards saved to your Apple Wallet or input your Apple Card information to make purchases. How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone below.
Cards in your digital wallet on Amazon can be used, but they have to be added as payment methods on Amazon first. To add your Apple Card as an Amazon payment method, follow the simple steps below:
- Sign in to your Amazon account via a PC or Mac computer.
- Click on the dropdown arrow close to “Accounts & Lists” in the top toolbar which usually appears just under the search tool, beneath a personalized greeting.
- Tap on the “Account” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Your Payments” from the “Ordering and Shopping preferences” category on the next screen.
- Choose “Add a payment method”.
- Tap on “Add a debit or credit card”.
- Input your Card information (if you are not sure of your Apple Card number, open Wallet, click on the credit card icon at the upper right, and copy the number, then go back to the Amazon app and paste it in).
- Once this information has been added, you can check the box next to Set as a default payment method if you want to automatically use your Apple Card every time.
- Then, click on Save.
- You will receive a message that the payment method has been successfully added.
When you order from Amazon next time while checking out, once you’ve set your Apple card as the default payment method, it will automatically bill that same card. However, in case you didn’t set the card as the default, click on Payment Information and follow the simple steps below:
- Choose your Apple Card and then click on Continue.
- Finish the checkout process as normal.
Amazon accepts all significant credit cards, and you can start by tapping the first entry box to begin enabling a new card. In case you have successfully configured Touch ID and Keychain to save credit cards, then these options should appear in a dropdown menu. How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone.
How to make Payment on Amazon using Apple Cash on iPhone
Making payments on Amazon using Apple Cash involves the use of Apple Cards as a bridge since Apple Cash is also not supported on Amazon.
Before you can make a payment on Amazon using Apple Cash on your iPhone, you need to set up Apple Cash on your iPhone for it to work.
With Apple Cash being part of Apple Pay, you can easily send or receive payments over iMessage as part of Apple Pay, and the money you send or receive via it will directly reflect on your Apple Pay account. You need to start with setting up an Apple Cash on your iPhone, follow the steps below to achieve this:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and click on Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Turn the Apple Cash on.
- Click on Apple Cash under Payment Cards.
- Click on Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Once Apple Cash has been successfully set up on your iPhone, then you are free to add money to it and make payments while you use it on Apple Pay. How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone
How to transfer money to Apple Cash
You can as well send money to other people via iMessage or even transfer money from Apple Cash to your bank account.
Now you need to know how to use Apple Cash on Amazon. Follow the steps below to transfer money to Apple Cash:
- Navigate to the Wallet app and open it on your iPhone.
- Click on your Apple Cash card.
- Then, click on the More button.
- Click on Add Money.
- Input the amount of cash you want (minimum amount of $10).
- Click on Pay Now.
- Click on the bank account and card you want to use to add money.
- Tap on the Apple Cash switch so that it turns green.
- Click on the Black button.
- Finally, verify the accurate billing address and authenticate the payment by using your Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode.
Now, you have successfully gotten how to use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone.
How to Pay with a default card on iPhone with Face ID
In case your iPhone has the Face ID feature, then you can pay with a default card on iPhone with Face ID. You can follow the steps below to use your default card:
- Double-click on the Side button.
- Once your default card appears, or when prompted, verify with your Face ID or enter your passcode to open Apple Wallet.
- Hold the top of the upper part of your iPhone near the contactless reader till you see Done and a checkmark on the screen.
- In case your iPhone has a Touch ID, simply double-click the Home button.
- In case you want to use a different card, click on the default card to see your other cards.
- Click on a new card and go ahead to authenticate.
Now, you have successfully used a default card on your iPhone with a Face ID. How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone.
How to use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone
Now, you can use your Apple Cash to shop on Amazon with your Apple Card. Follow these steps below to use Apple cash on Amazon on iPhone:
- Open Amazon and log in to your account there (from either the app or the website).
- Click on the Hamburger menu.
- Click on your Account.
- Tap on Payment options.
- Scroll down to the Credit or Debit Cards.
- Click on Change, close to your present payment method, followed by Add a card or debit card.
- You need to verify by using, either Face ID or Touch ID.
- Once the information is entered, you can use it to add the Apple Card on Amazon.
- Click on Add your Card.
- Now, select the billing address (the same you used for your Apple Card).
- Finally, click on Confirm.
Once you have completed this process, you can now begin making payments with it and after using your Apple Card on Amazon, you can use your Apple Cash to pay your monthly bill.
With the development of online shopping, platforms like Amazon and eBay are the go-to shopping place for millions of consumers worldwide. I hope this article has shown you how to use Apple Pay on Amazon on iPhone indeed. Feel free to drop your comment in the section below.