Did someone send you an italicized or strikethrough text on WhatsApp and you are wondering how the person was able to achieve that? Well, it’s very easy to use Italics and Strikethrough on WhatsApp even though there are updates on the green app from time to time. So, in this article, we will discuss how to italize messages on WhatsApp and strikethrough on your WhatsApp.
WhatsApp provides four options for formatting text or changing the font style via the app or web app: Bold, Italics, Strikethrough, and Monospace.
You may not be aware, but WhatsApp recently released an update that allows users to send messages in bold, italics, and strikethrough.
Both Android and iOS smartphones can be used with these procedures. Don’t worry if your messages in bold, italic, or strikethrough aren’t visible because iPhones don’t show the formatted text as you type.
Once you select “send,” WhatsApp will show the appropriate format.
You can use italics and strikethrough on WhatsApp by placing an underscore and tilde before and after a message. For instance, like this: ~_Example_~. This is a cool feature worth checking out for the one billion WhatsApp users.
How to Write in Bold on WhatsApp
People frequently use bold formatting in their text to highlight important aspects of their writing. There are two methods for writing bold text in WhatsApp formatting: the shortcut and the WhatsApp formatting option. Here’s an explanation of how to write in bold in WhatsApp. This method is universally accepted in WhatsApp Messenger’s Android and iOS counterparts:
- To write in bold in WhatsApp, start the text with a ‘*’. (asterisk).
- Then, type in the text that you want to format in bold.
- After you’ve typed the text, you can enclose it with a ‘*’. (asterisk)
- If the steps are followed correctly, the message will be reflected once sent.
- When you have typed the text, you can enclose it with an asterisk (*). If the instructions are followed, the recipient will see bold formatting when you send the message. The formatting asterisks would not be visible.
WhatsApp will automatically format the chosen text once you type the asterisk at the end of the text you wish to make bold or take the preceding actions. The result will resemble this: Here is an example of a text that WhatsApp users can bold.
How to Use Italics and Strikethrough on WhatsApp
Similar to Bold, Italics are used to draw attention to the distinctive and crucial passages in a text. Italic text can be used with WhatsApp formatting in two different ways: by utilizing the shortcut and by using the formatting option.
Here are the steps on how to use italics and Strikethrough on WhatsApp messages. This technique is widely used in WhatsApp’s Android and iOS versions:
- Without a space between the underscore and the text that needs formatting, you must precede the text in WhatsApp with a “_” (underscore) to write in italics.
- The text you wish to format must then be entered.
- Without inserting a space between the text and the underscore, you can add a ‘_’ (underscore) after the text has been typed.
- If you complete these steps properly, the receiver will see the text formatted in italics once you send the message. The formatting underscores would not be seen.
WhatsApp will automatically style the selected text if you type the underscore at the end of the text you wish to italicize or follow the above instructions. The result will appear as follows: Here is an example WhatsApp message with italicized text.
Here’s how to use Strikethrough on WhatsApp:
The recipient is usually informed by the use of strikethrough that the strikethrough-formatted text has been deleted or ignored. The shortcut and the WhatsApp formatting option are the two methods for using strikethrough text with WhatsApp formatting.
To use strikethrough in WhatsApp, follow the steps below. This technique is widely used in WhatsApp’s Android and iOS versions:
- To utilize strikethrough in WhatsApp, you must precede the text with a tilde (“) without a space.
- After that, enter the text you want to be formatted with a strikethrough.
- Without leaving a space between the text and the tilde that follows, you can enclose the text after you have typed it.
- If you complete these steps successfully, the receiver will see the message with strikethrough formatting when you send it.
WhatsApp will automatically format the selected text after you enter the tilde at the end of the text you want to strikethrough. The output will be as follows: T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶s̶A̶p̶p̶. That’s it! Now you can use Italics and strikethrough on WhatsApp.
How you can write in Monospace font
The option to write text messages in a different typeface or font has now been added to WhatsApp. As of the time this article was written, WhatsApp only supported Monospace typefaces for text input.
When utilizing WhatsApp formatting, there are two ways to write text in the Monospace typeface. The shortcut and WhatsApp’s formatting feature are the two options. This article will show you how to use the Monospace typeface in WhatsApp. This technique works with WhatsApp on both iOS and Android:
- There must be no gap between the text and the three backticks (“”) required to write in monospace in WhatsApp.
- The text you want to appear in Monospace should then be typed.
- “”‘ (3 backticks) without any space between the text and the backticks that follow can be used to enclose text after it has been typed.
If the procedures are followed correctly, the recipient will see the message in Monospace font when you send it. When you enter three backticks at the end of the text you want to monospace, WhatsApp will format it and the output will look like this: 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜𝙰𝚙𝚙.
Is it possible to use different fonts in WhatsApp?
WhatsApp does not support changing the default typeface or font used throughout the program on any Android or iOS device. To break up the monotony, individuals can use WhatsApp formatting to change the default typeface to Monospace. As of this writing, WhatsApp only allows users to use WhatsApp formatting to change the default typeface of their messages to Monospace.
Now you can use italics and Strikethrough on WhatsApp. What do you think about these features? Are you going to send formatted messages? Tell us in the comments section below.