https www twitch tv activate scan QR code helps to link both the Twitch TV account and the streaming device together by scanning the Twitch TV code with a barcode scanner feature on the Twitch TV app or using a barcode scanning app to activate the Twitch TV on your device.
This works on series of streaming devices including Xbox, PS4 and other streaming devices such as Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Roku, and Firestick. This, then allow users to sign into their Twitch account with the aid of the QR code on their device.
But, to use this option to activate your Twitch TV app on your streaming device, your device must have prompted you to activate the Twitch TV app by scanning the barcode on your streaming device with the barcode scanner feature in the Twitch TV app installed n your smartphone.
With all this explanation in mind, you will get to know about https twitch tv activate scan code to activate your Twitch TV account on your Xbox as well as your PS4.
How to Download and Install the Twitch TV App
The official Twitch TV app to scan the Twitch QR code can be downloaded from your device apps store. For Android, the Twitch TV app can be downloaded from the Google play store while the iOS app can be downloaded from the Apple store on your iPhone and iPad.
- Launch your phone apps store [Google play store for Android and Apple apps store for iOS].
- Search for “Twitch TV” app and hit the option to download the app.
- Once the app has been downloaded just proceed to install the app on your phone.
The first step is done. Next is how to scan the Twitch TV QR code to activate the Twitch TV app on your streaming device and how to enable Twitch TV 2F authentication.
What is https www Twitch TV Activate Scan QR Code?
https www twitch tv activate scan QR code is a two-way thing. It’s either to scan the Twitch TV barcode on your TV screen to activate the Twitch TV app on your device or to scan the QR code on your Twitch account to enable 2FA authentication.
However, whatever your choice is; you will be able to find a solution to https www twitch TV activate Xbox code as well as how to enable Twitch TV 2FA.
How to Enable Twitch TV 2FA
Here within is the step to activate and turn on your Twitch TV two-factor authentication to maximize your Twitch account security.
- Sign in to your Twitch TV account.
- Navigate to the “Security and Privacy” settings option.
- Choose the option to set up the “Two-authentication factor.”
- Tap on”Enable 2FA.”
- Enter your phone number and click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter the 7 digits verification code Twitch sent to your phone.
Once the code you provided has been verified your phone’s two-authentication factor will be turned on. And this would amount to the fact that you must provide the authentication code every time you want to sign in to your Twitch TV account.
https www Twitch TV Activate Scan QR Code
If you prefer to use an authentication app such as the Google Authenticator app you can simply scan the QR code display on your Twitch TV account and scan it using your phone camera. This, however, requires downloading and installing the QR code scanning app on your smartphone to be able to scan the QR code each time the need arises.
Note: When using a QR code scanner you can use multiple phones to fight against phone loss if you misplaced or your phone is formatted.
- Download and install a QR code scanning app on your phone
- Get to the QR code scanning screen on your Twitch TV app.
- Open the scanning app on your phone and scan the QR code.
- Wait for a couple of seconds until your phone vibrates.
- Enter the 6 digits QR code that is generated by the authenticator app on your phone.
- Hit the submit button.
For the record, all scanning QR code has an expiring time. It could be between 30 seconds and 1 minute after which you will need to regenerate the QR code again on the authenticator app.