Coinbase Chrome extension is a new wallet extension for Chrome browser to quickly and easily access your Coinbase wallet on your browser without logging into your Coinbase account directly.
The Coinbase wallet Chrome extension makes it easy to connect to decentralize apps (Dapps) and Decentralize Finance (DeFi) on your computer desktop without the fear of a bridge in your secure connection.
The Coinbase cryptocurrency chrome extension eases the stress of accessing the desktop application by scanning the application QR code with your mobile phone before you can log in.
However, the new Coinbase Google Chrome extension makes it easy to access Dapps on the platform once you have connected your Coinbase wallet to the extension.
The Coinbase extension works the same way the Coinbase website works where you will have access to all the cryptocurrencies, trading on Decentralize exchange (DEXes), earning your interest as well as collect NFTs.
With the Coinbase Chrome extension, you can link your Coinbase wallet to the Chrome extension to perform tasks involving buy and transfer of cryptocurrency that you will use in DeFi without leaving your wallet on the extension.
Install Coinbase Chrome Extension
Below is the step to follow to download and install the new Coinbase Chrome extension
- Go to the Google Chrome web store on your Chrome browser.
- Search for “Coinbase Wallet Extension” and select the first result.
- Click on “Add to Chrome.”
- Select “Add” from the popup to download and add the extension to your Chrome browser.
- Once the extension has been downloaded it will be added to your navigation bar.
Now, you can open the Coinbase extension, scan the QR code and sign in to your Coinbase wallet.
Sign in to Coinbase Wallet Extension
Once you have installed the Coinbase extension follow the steps below to link or connect your Coinbase wallet to the extension.
- Click on the “Coinbase Chrome extension” icon to the top right of your browser. If it’s not there, click on the puzzle-like logo and click on the extension icon to add it to the navigation bar and as well open it.
- Launch the Coinbase app on your phone and scan the Coinbase extension QR code. You will be connected to the extension. However, if you are not connected, upgrade to the latest version of the Coinbase app.
- To start making your transfer such as buying and selling, transferring, etc, visit Dapps and you are good to go.
Uninstall Coinbase Wallet Chrome Extension
Here is how to uninstall the Coinbase wallet extension from your Chrome browser.
- Right-click on the wallet extension icon.
- Select “Remove from Chrome…”
- Select “Remove” from the popup.
The extension will be removed from your computer permanently. However, when next you want to use the app you follow the steps as stated in this guide.