Intelius.com is one of the few aggregator websites that share personal information public with options to opt-out. Intelius offers “do not sell my personal information” as a means to use the Intelius opt out form to request that all your personal information be taken down.
Therefore, in this guide, I will walk you through how to use Intelius opt out form to remove yourself from Intelius.com aggregator website.
What is Intelius?
Intelius itself does not generate these records or ask people to submit these records. Intelius makes use of public records such as social media, online registration, and other means where people information appear online.
Sometimes, this information is sold online without the permission of the concerned people which you are likely one of them. However, Intelius know this might not go down with you.
So, Intelius let people like you remove themselves from the platform using the Intelius opt out form.
Intelius.com/opt-out is a webpage to find and remove yourself from Intelius manually. The Intelius.com opt out form search Intelius.com database for all names that match your input and you will be asked to look closely on each name, find the name information that is your own and use the remove button to request the data be removed or deleted from Intelius aggregator database.
It takes about 72 hours for the process to be completed. And once the process is completed your information will be removed from Intelius.com site.
Note: You may later find your data on Intelius even after the above process if you failed to remove your information from the public record where Intelius scrapped it from.
Intelius Opt Out: How to Remove Yourself
To use Intelius opt out form to remove yourself from the aggregator website just follow the steps below.
- Go to www.intelius.com
- Scroll down to the footer and click on “do not sell my personal information.”
- You will be redirected to www.intelius.com/opt-out page.
- On the “Information Out” click on the option that describes your Intelius status from the popup. To find and remove yourself without login, click on the “NO’ option.
- Enter your first name, last name, select your state, and provide a valid email address. In the case of the email, you can use a fake email for the purpose. We recommend GetAirmail. You can also use other disposable email services. Tap on the “Continue” button.
- In case you want more than just to remove yourself from the platform tap on “here” and check “CCPA Deletion” or “CCPA Inquiry.”
- Walk through the record or information on the page. Find the information that matches your own and tap on the “Remove this record.”
- Open the email sent to the provided email address and click on “Confirm Email” within the message.
- One the request has been verified. Intelius will review your request and contact you when the job is completed.
That is how to opt out of Intelius using the opt out form or page. This usual take 24 to 72 hours for Intelius to get back to your once your have requested from to remove your information.