KaiOS feature phones and Nokia 8100 users can now download WhatsApp from KaiOS store or have it preinstalled on the KaiOS phone during the next shipping for the phone across the globe. Nokia 8100 and JioPhone are the first notable smartphone to run the KaiOS as a smartphone, however, WhatsApp KaiOS phones is now possible with access to all WhatsApp features on Android and iOS smartphone.
However, in the last few months, Blackberry users have been deprived from using WhatsApp as WhatsApp stopped showing support for the platform except the Blackberry device running on Android OS such as BB 10.
Windows phone users are also in for it and they may be the next to get hit from using WhatsApp messenger while KaiOS WhatsApp now available for download in the KaiOS store.
Table of Contents
WhatsApp for KaiOS
Facebook, the WhatsApp parent company has partner with KaiOS company to reach out to over 100 million KaiOS phone users in over 100 countries across the globe.
However, if you currently do not have the KaiOS phone such as Nokia 8100 and JioPhone (popular in India) to download and install WhatsApp, here is what you need to do to download WhatsApp on KaiOS Phones.
However, to download WhatsApp on KaiOS phones, the device must have a minimum of 256MB and 512MB of RAM.
How to Download KaiOS WhatsApp
Here is how to download and install WhatsApp on KaiOS phone.
- Click on the KaiOS Store on the apps menu.
- Scroll to the side and click on Social.
- Select WhatsApp if it’s already available otherwise search for it through the box.
- Press “OK” when ptompted
- Tap on “Install”
Once you have successfully installed the WhatsApp app on your KaiOS phone follow the procedures below to verify your phone.
How to Verify WhatsApp on KaiOS
After you have successfully installed the WhatsApp app on your KaiOS device such as JioPhone, JioPhone 2, Nokia 8100, and other KaiOS phones.
- Launch the WhatsApp on your KaiOS phone
- Enter your phone number with your country code, e.g, +234***** (Phone number that has not been associated with any WhatsApp account before) and the number must be active to receive an SMS
- Enter the verification code
- Click on verify (in some cases, the verification process will begin as soon as you entered the correct verification code)
How to Edit Profile on KaiOS Phone
After you have successfully verified your WhatsApp on KaiOS phone you will be taken to WhatsApp interface for this first time. However, the next thing to do is to edit your profile.
- Go to Options >> Settings >> Profile.
- Select Profile Photos and select the photo from your gallery or take a new picture by clicking on the camera option.
- Crop the phone to fix into the profile pictures column and click on “Done“
How to Sync your WhatsApp Contact on KaiOS
When you Download WhatsApp on KaiOS phone, verify your phone number, edit your profile picture, the next thing to do is sync your phone number and start chatting with your friends and family on the banana phone.
- Launch the WhatsApp app from your app menu
- On the chat interface click on the envelop icon
- Click more option >> refresh
The KaiOS is becoming so relevant with WhatsApp introduction into the mobile with over 100 million users in over 100 countries.