KaiOS feature phones and Nokia 8100 users can now download WhatsApp from the KaiOS store or have it preinstalled on the KaiOS phone during the next shipping for the phone across the globe. Nokia 8100 and JioPhone are the first notable smartphone to run the KaiOS as smartphones, however, WhatsApp KaiOS phones can now download Kaios WhatsApp and enjoy all the WhatsApp features for Android and iOS smartphones.
However, in the last few months, Blackberry users have been deprived of using WhatsApp as WhatsApp stopped showing support for the platform except the Blackberry device running on Android OS such as BB 10.
Windows phone users are also in for it and they may be the next to get hit from using WhatsApp messenger while KaiOS WhatsApp now available for download in the KaiOS store.
WhatsApp for KaiOS
Facebook, the WhatsApp parent company has partnered with KaiOS company to reach out to over 100 million KaiOS phone users in over 100 countries across the globe.
However, if you currently do not have a KaiOS phone such as Nokia 8100 or JioPhone (popular in India) to download and install WhatsApp, here is what you need to do to download WhatsApp on KaiOS Phones.
However, to download WhatsApp on KaiOS phones, the device must have a minimum of 256MB and 512MB of RAM.
Kaios Whatsapp Download
WhatsApp is one of the high-rated applications that you need to install on your Kaios phone. So, here are the steps to take to complete the Kaios WhatsApp download.
- Go to the official JioStore or Store app of your KaiOS device.
- Scroll down on the side and click on “Social.”
- Click on the “WhatsApp.”
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Tap “Install” to download and install the Kaios device.
Whatsapp Kaios Download
Here is how to download and install WhatsApp on a KaiOS phone.
- Click on the KaiOS Store on the apps menu.
- Scroll to the side and click on Social.
- Select WhatsApp if it’s already available otherwise search for it through the box.
- Press “OK” when prompted
- Tap on “Install”
Once you have successfully installed the WhatsApp app on your KaiOS phone follow the procedures below to verify your phone.
Whatsapp Kaios APK Download
There is no direct way to sideload APK apps on your Kaios device. The JioPhone is a Linux (Unix-like)-based device so you’d likely not be able to download and install WhatsApp Kaios APK on the device.
WhatsApp for Kaios Download
Follow the steps below to learn how to update your Kai OS WhatsApp via the official JioPhone apps store.
- Go to your JioPhone or Kai OS app store.
- Click on “Social” on the side.
- Click on “WhatsApp” and tap the update button.
The update button will be clickable if there is an update available otherwise there won’t be room for you to update the Kaios WhatsApp to the latest.
How to Verify WhatsApp on KaiOS
After you have successfully installed the WhatsApp app on your KaiOS device such as JioPhone, JioPhone 2, Nokia 8100, and other KaiOS phones.
- Launch the WhatsApp on your KaiOS phone
- Enter your phone number with your country code, e.g, +234***** (Phone number that has not been associated with any WhatsApp account before) and the number must be active to receive an SMS
- Enter the verification code
- Click on verify (in some cases, the verification process will begin as soon as you entered the correct verification code)
How to Edit Profile on KaiOS Phone
After you have successfully verified your WhatsApp on your KaiOS phone you will be taken to the WhatsApp interface for the first time. However, the next thing to do is to edit your profile.
- Go to Options >> Settings >> Profile.
- Select Profile Photos and select the photo from your gallery or take a new picture by clicking on the camera option.
- Crop the phone to fix it into the profile pictures column and click on “Done“
How to Sync Your WhatsApp Contact on KaiOS
When you Download WhatsApp on your KaiOS phone, verify your phone number, and edit your profile picture, the next thing to do is sync your phone number and start chatting with your friends and family on the banana phone.
- Launch the WhatsApp app from your app menu
- On the chat interface click on the envelop icon
- Click more option >> refresh
The KaiOS is becoming so relevant with WhatsApp introduction into mobile with over 100 million users in over 100 countries.