This article is dedicated to all parents that would love to set up and activate youtube kids on their Smart TV via kids.youtube.com/activate to control what their kids watch.
This works on all smart TVs and TV boxes. However, a child Gmail account that is associated with the parent (mother or father) account is required to activate youtube kids at https://kids.youtube.com/activate.
We will also consider how to set up control to control and monitor youtube kids on your TV. Setting up a youtube kid is not enough if not monitored. So, we will consider how to set parental control on your kids’ accounts to know and monitor what they watch.
What is kids.youtube.com/activate?
Kids.youtube.com/activate is a way to create a child youtube account to activate a youtube app for your child (ren) on a smart TV. The kids’ youtube required a code which is to be generated by the youtube kids app when you click on “Sign In“. So, with the help of the youtube kids activation code, the youtube kids app can be activated on your smart TV or Android box.
However, in this guide, you will get to know how to activate the youtube kids app on Smart TV and streaming devices.
I adopted two different methods to use YouTube kid on my daughter’s tab since she’s still a baby. I use one of my email accounts to sign up and set up a different YouTube kid’s account on the same tab.
With my email, she can easily access the official YouTube app without restriction. As a matter of fact, she prefers to use that to see her favourite cartoon.
Even though she doesn’t use YouTube kid as expected unless she wants to see some preschool cartoon I still choose to create a profile for her. So, you may want to ask about kids.youtube.com/activate login.
You can use YouTube kids on your phone [via the mobile app for Android and iOS] and on the web.
Therefore, you will learn all you need to know about YouTube kids in this guide and how to login to your child’s YouTube kids account via the official kids.youtube.com/activate login.
Setup youtube Kids Profile
The first step to take to activate youtube kids on smart TV is to set up a profile for your kid(s) on youtubekids.com. Therefore, we are going to consider how to set up youtube kids profile account in this section.
- Open a browser on your phone or PC and go to youtubekids.com.
- Select the “Profile” icon to the top left with the “watch it again” message.
- Set “Get Started” to get a parent to sign in so that you can set up a profile.
- Select “Next” on the screen that follows and ensure that you have a Gmail account. Here are the steps to follow to create a Gmail account in less than 5 minutes.
- Enter the year you are born to verify your age and select “Submit. Do not enter your child’s name here otherwise, you will not be able to set up a youtube kid profile account.
- At this point, the youtube kids will show kids videos on what you can do with youtubekids.com and you can either select show text to read through and then select “Next.”
- Now, you need to sign in as a parent with your Google account. , select “Sign In” to the bottom right.
- Meanwhile, the activity in the youtube kids history will not be added to your youtube history when you click on “Add a new account.”
- A pop-up will appear asking you to sign in to your Gmail account to continue with the youtube kids profile setup.
- The youtube kids setup screen will reload and all your kid’s search history on youtube will be visible to you when you visit youtubekids.com with the linked Google account.
Now, with the steps above, you are ready to activate youtube kids on your choice of smart TV and have access to all your child’s youtube search histories.
Set up youtube Kids on TV
First, we will consider the general approach to set up youtube kids on my TV.
- Launch the youtube kids app on your TV [if you haven’t installed the app scroll down to how to download, install, and activate the youtube kids on your smart TV below.
- Enter your date of birth to verify your age.
- Select whether to sign in or not. This option will push you to either activate the youtube kids app on the TV or use youtube kids as a guest.
- If you selected “yes, sign me in,” both the kids.youtube.com/activate and the youtube kids activation code will appear on your TV screen.
- Go to kids.youtube.com/activate on a web browser either on your smartphone or PC.
- Enter the youtube kids activation code display on the TV screen.
- Select “Connect” on the screen to verify the activation code on the TV screen.
Once the activation is confirmed, the kids.youtube.com/activate and activation code will refresh and load youtube kids content.
Kids.youtube.com/activate on Samsung Smart TV
Here are a few steps to take to create a youtube kids account and activate the youtube kids app on your Samsung smart TV via kids.youtube.com/activate.
- Press the Samsung Smart TV home button on the Remote.
- Navigate to “Apps.”
- Select the “youtube kids” app on the apps that appears in the menu but if the app is yet to be added to your Samsung TV by default.
- Select “Samsung Apps” and use the Samsung search magnify box to the top right.
- Search for “youtube kids” and select “Install” to download and install the youtube kids app on your Samsung TV.
- Open the youtube kids app after installation and select “yes, sign me in” on the screen.
- Go to kids.youtube.com/activate on a web browser [on a phone or PC].
- Enter the activation code on the TV screen and click on “Connect.”
- Login with your Gmail account or select the child (ren) profile you created on youtubekids.com
After a couple of seconds after the code has been validated the youtube kids activation code and kids.youtube.com/activate will disappear and load the youtube kids content as a user and not as a guest.
Activate youtube Kids on LG Smart TV
We consider how to activate youtube kids on LG Smart TV below. Just make sure you follow the exact steps to activate the youtube kids app on your LG TV.
- While on your LG Smart TV home screen navigate to the “LG Content Store” from the TV main menu.
- Search for “youtube kids” and select the youtube kids app.
- Download and install the youtube kids app on your LG Smart TV.
- Go to the LG TV main menu and select the youtube kids app to launch it.
- A pop-up will appear asking whether to use the kids’ app as a guest or as a user, then, select “yes, sign me in.”
- Write down the youtube kids activation code on the TV screen. Do not close the app.
- Go to kids.youtube.com/activate on your smartphone [Android or iOS] or PC [Windows or macOS] browser.
- Enter the activation code on display on the TV screen by the youtube kids app.
- Select “Connect” and sign in to your Gmail account or the child’s youtube kids profile account.
If all things are done perfectly, the information on the LG TV screen will refresh and load youtube kids’ content.
Kids.youtube.com/activate on Fire TV
Here are the steps to take to activate the youtube kids app on Amazon Fire TV.
- Launch the youtube kids on your Amazon Fire TV. If the youtube kids app isn’t preinstalled on the Fire TV go to the app store, search for youtube kids and install it on the Fire TV.
- Select the option to sign in to the youtube kids app or use the app as a guest. However, to be able to monitor your child (ren) activities you must sign in.
- If you selected “yes, sign me in” you should see an instruction that says go to kids.youtube.com/activate and the activation code.
- Open a browser on your internet-enabled device and go to kids.youtube.com/activate.
- Enter the kids’ app activation code displayed on the TV screen and click on “Connect.”
- Log into your youtube account or select the kid profile from the list and submit it.
Wait for kids.youtube.com/activate to verify the activation code and the login option. Once these are confirmed, the youtube kids activation information on the TV screen will refresh and take you to the youtube kids homepage.
Kids.youtube.com/activate on Apple TV
For Apple TV users, here is how to utilize the kids.youtube.com/activate and the code on the TV screen whenever you want to activate youtube kids on your Apple TV.
- Open the “Apps Store” on your “Apple TV.”
- Search for “youtube kids.”
- Select “Get” to download and install the free youtube app for kids on your Apple TV.
- Launch the youtube kids app after the installation.
- When asked to sign in or use as a guest, select “yes, sign me in.”
- The app will show and ask you to go to kids.youtube.com/activate and enter the youtube kids activation code displayed on the TV screen.
- Go to kids.youtube.com/activate truly on a browser and enter the code display on your TV.
- Select “Connect” and sign in to your youtube or Gmail account or select the child profile under the youtubekids.com you created above.
Now, the youtube kids activation and Google login will undergo verification. Once the verification is completed and validated, the kids.youtube.com activate and the code will refresh and take you to the youtube kids home screen.
What else do you want to know about youtube kids activate and the activation code? We believe that with this guide, you should be able to download and install the youtube kids app on your smart TV, generate the youtube kids activation code and go to kids.youtube.com/activate.
There are few options available if the kids.youtube.come/activate is not loading on your kid’s smartphone. Since there is no proxy to unlock the YouTube kids app not working, we will suggest some methods that can help to fix whatever error you encounter to activate YouTube kids at home.
How do you control your Kids’ YouTube account after activation? YouTube allow parents to set up what is called a “Parental control code.” The YouTube kids’ parental control code overrides the autogenerated code to unlock other contents on your Kids’ account.
Therefore, I’d walk you through www.kids.youtube.come/activate parental code control set-up.
- Go to the YouTube kids website on a web browser.
- Click on the “Lock” icon at the top right.
- Enter the verification code and click on the “Submit” button.
- Scroll down and click on “Parent Verification.”
- Enter your “Passcode” as a parent and re-enter the “passcode” once again and hit the “Submit” button.
With the steps above you can set up and delete your parental verification code to your kids’ YouTube account.
Update the YouTube Kids App
If your YouTube kids app is outdated, you’ll likely run into the YouTube kids not working or YouTube kids not loading error messages.
Follow the steps below to update the YouTube kids app on your Android device.
- Open the Google play store app.
- Click on your kid’s profile picture at the top right.
- Select “Manage Apps & Device.”
- Click on “Manage.”
- Select “Update Available” on the navigation.
- Click on “YouTube Kids.”
- Select “Update.”
Go through the process of how to update the app on your iPhone to update the YouTube kids to the latest version. Once you are done, restart the smartphone and launch the YouTube Kids app. If the kids.youTube.com/activate not loading is caused by an outdated app, the steps above will fix it.
Clear App Cache
Clearing the YouTube kids app cache can also fix the kids.youtube.come/activate not loading. Therefore, I will walk you through the steps to clear the cache on your Android phones below.
- Go to your Android Settings.
- Click on “Apps or Apps Manager.
- Scroll down and click on the YouTube Kids app.
- Select “Storage Usage.”
- Click on “Clear Cache.”
Now, open the YouTube kids app to see whether the app is loading fine; else, click on clear data.
Note: You will be prompted to sign in to YouTube kids once you click on clear data as this will delete the YouTube kids app data permanently, including the app files, settings, databases, and other app data.
Switch from Parent Settings to Kids Settings
The report shows that editing the parent settings affects the YouTube kids settings. It’s observed that YouTube shows YouTube kids content as approved if you signed in with parent account details. Yet, the approved content won’t show up in the kids’ account.
However, to fix this, revoke the current settings and see whether the YouTube kids account works perfectly.
Like, you can switch from “Approved Channel” to “Go Down the Rabbit Hole,” which restricts the kids from searching to give the kids to use the YouTube kids search box to search for their favourite videos or channels.
If this solves the kids.youtube.com/activate not loading, then you may need to close the YouTube kids account and create a new one to be able to monitor and control the activities of your kids.
How to Delete YouTube Kids Profile
There are two ways to delete YouTube kids’ profiles. The methods are:
- Delete your child’s YouTube kids using the YouTube Kids app.
- Delete a child’s YouTube kids account or profile using the linked parent account YouTube settings.
How to Delete your Child YouTube Kids using the YouTube Kids
This appears to be the fastest as you can just do this without accessing your YouTube account settings. Therefore, to delete your YouTube kids profile, follow the steps below.
- Click on the lock icon at the corner of your screen.
- Enter your custom password/passcode.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Click on the child profile you want to delete.
- Sign in with your parent account password.
- Click on the three dots located at the top right on the phone or click delete on the computer.
- Click on “Delete this Profile” on mobile [Android or iPhone] and click on “Delete” to confirm your choice on the computer.
The steps above will remove the selected kid’s or child’s profile from the YouTube kids account you are parenting over.
Delete a Child YouTube kids Account or Profile using the Linked parent Account YouTube settings
You will need to sign in to your YouTube account as a parent to be able to do this. So, if you are ready, follow the steps below.
- Log into YouTube with your linked parent account
- Select your account profile to the top right.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop menu.
- Click on “Parent Settings.
- Select “Manage Settings for your Kids
- Choose the kid’s profile you want to delete.
- Click on the three dots to the top.
- Click on “Delete Profile