We have recently considered how to activate YouTube kids on Smart TVs and streaming devices. But, we got to know that kids.youtube.com/activate not working which rendered the formal article incomplete. So, in this guide, we will consider how to fix the Kids YouTube kids app not working on your device.
Although, if we are to consider all the possible approaches to fix YouTube kids not working on all devices this article will turn into an encyclopedia we will prefer to consider in this guide.
Therefore we will keep updating this article on the possible solution to the kids.youtube.com/activate not working.
And since we don’t know the main reason why the Kids YouTube app is not working on your Smart TV and streaming device, we will recommend that you should go through the entire process to know which of the fixes work for your device.
Also, do not hesitate to leave a comment on which of the suggestions provide the solution that you are looking for in the long run.
Kids.youtube.com/activate not Working
This article will look into how to fix the YouTube kids app not working on Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV, Roku, Firestick, Vizio TV, and consoles such as Xbox and PS4.
However, we can guarantee that this will also fix the YouTube kids not loading on your device.
Update the YouTube Kids App
Let’s fix the YouTube kids not loading by updating the YouTube kids app.
- Go to Smart TV or Streaming device or Gaming console apps store.
- Find the “YouTube Kids” app by searching for it using the search box.
- Click on the “Update” button if there is an update available to download and install the app latest update on your device.
- Relaunch the Kids app once again to get a new activation code.
- Go to kids.youtube.com/activate on a web browser and enter the activation code on the TV screen.
If the Kids.youtube.com/activate not working has been fixed, the app will start working else, check out the next possible solution.
Clear the YouTube Kids App Cache
An excess cache can cause the YouTube kids activation code and webpage not to work. Therefore, if kids.youtube.com/activate is not working, then, you can choose to clear the YouTube kids app cache.
This also depends on the browser or device that you are using. Therefore, in this section, we will consider how to fix kids.youtube.com/activate not working on all browsers, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles.
Clear Kids.youtube.com/activate cache on Smart TVs, Streaming Devices and Gaming Consoles
We will consider how to resolve kids.youtube.com/activate not working on all Smart TVs in this section.
Samsung Smart TV
Following the procedures below you will be able to delete or clear app cache or data on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Tap the Home button on your Samsung smart TV’s remote control.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Apps from the bottom left.
- Navigate to the System apps.
- Choose the YouTube kids app.
- Tap on “Clear cache”.
- Tap OK to confirm.
You can also clear the app data to delete all stored information such as the username and password that you have stored on the TV.
If you are using an Apple TV, follow the steps below to clear the YouTube kids app cache.
- Switch on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to your TV settings using the remote.
- Scroll to “General >> Manage Storage.”
- Highlight the “YouTube Kids” app using the navigation button on the remote.
- Navigate to the trash can icon and select it.
- This will delete the YouTube app from your Apple TV.
Once the app has been deleted, restart your Apple TV and reinstall the YouTube kids app and activate it using this guide.
If the Kids YouTube app or code isn’t working on your Roku device follow the steps below to fix the app error code.
- Navigate to your Roku Home screen.
- Highlight and select the YouTube Kids app using the remote navigations.
- Press (*) on your Roku remote to pop up the option about the selected YouTube Kids app.
- Scroll to the remove option to delete the YouTube kids app from the Roku device.
Once you have successfully removed the YouTube kids app from your Roku, restart the Roku device and reinstall the app. This should clear the app cache and restore the app to its working condition.
If you activated the YouTube kids app on your Xbox console follow the steps below to clear the app cache.
- Press the Xbox Button on your Controller
- Navigate to “Menu” and select “Settings.”
- Go to System >> Console Info.
- Highlight and select “Reset Console.”
- Choose “Reset and keep my games & apps.”
Restart the console and resign into your Xbox account. After this, the YouTube Kids app should be working fine.
If the YouTube kids app is not working on your PS4 you may want to consider cold booting the device to fix all errors.
- Switch off your PS4 gaming console.
- Unplug the console from the wall socket.
- Wait for about 5 minutes to discharge all stored current.
- Plug the PS4 or PS5 console into the power source.
Now, the YouTube Kids app on the PS4 console should be working fine and all the error codes should be cleared.
Play Around the YouTube Kids Parent Settings
If the YouTube kids are still not working or after the activation the YouTube kids video is not loading or responding, then, you may have to visit the YouTube kids parental settings to make some changes as well. Therefore, we will make a quick change to restore the kid.youtube.com/activate not working error from your YouTube kids parental account settings.
- Go to the YouTube Kids parental setting page.
- Switch between “Approved Channel” and “Go down the rabbit hole”
This setting can hide the search function from your kids while using the YouTube Kids app and also let your kids use the search function depending on the option that you opted for.
Clear Browser Caches
If you set up the YouTube Kids on a browser for your kids you can consider deleting the browser’s cache. And here, we will discuss how to clear the YouTube Kids [kids.youtube.com/activate] webpage cache on Google Chrome, Opera browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari to fix Kids.youtube.com/activate not working.
Clear Chrome Browser Cache
Following the steps below will lead you to clear your Chrome browser cache.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer
- Click on the three dots at the top right.
- Select More tools and click on Clear browsing data from the drop menu.
- Choose the cache range you want to delete and to delete everything, select All time.
- Check the box next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,”
- Click Clear data.
Clear Opera Browser Cache
The easiest way to clear your Opera browser is to follow the steps below.
- Press Ctrl+H to open your history page.
- Click Clear browsing data in the top-right corner.
- Select what you want to delete and the time range, like recent history or all time.
- Click Clear data.
Delete Mozilla Firefox Cache
The approach to clear or remove your Mozilla Firefox browser cache is shared below.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the browser’s menu to the top right and select “Preference.”
- Select “Privacy & Security.”
- Navigate to “Cookies & Site Data” and select “Clear Data.”
- Uncheck “Cookies and Site Data.“
- Select “Clear.”
- Close the preference page and that is all.
Check out kids.youtube.com/activate on your favourite browser and see whether it has started working.
Clear YouTube Kids Watch History
Another security measure to fix the YouTube Kids not working or kids.youtube.com/activate not working is to clear the YouTube TV kids to watch history. This also helps to fix the YouTube Kids if it has stored excess cache or watch history.
- Go to Youtubekids.com.
- Select “I’m a parent.”
- Click on the “Next” tab.
- Verify your age by entering your year of birth.
- Select “Submit.”
- Watch the short videos about the YouTube kids and what you can do with the YouTube.com/kids or Youtubekids.com platform.
- Select “Next” after the short video.
- Select and sign in to your Google Gmail parental account.
- You may need to accept the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Create a new profile for your Kids or select an existing profile.
- Click on the Lock to the top right and pass the verification code.
- Go to Parental Settings.
- Select Clear History.
- Select OK to save changes.
These steps work most time when kids.youtube.com/activate not working is what you experience. So, we admonish you to take your time to go through them and see if the errors are fixed.