If you have been looking for more information about the setup button on the XFINITY remote, I’m confident that you will get a piece of holistic information about what you are looking for in this article. There are many buttons on the XFINITY remote, but all of them are not of the same importance.
Some buttons are more important than the others because there are some buttons on the XFINITY remote that participate in the most important functions that the remote is being used for, and one of those buttons is the setup button.
The importance of this button on the remote cannot be overemphasized as it can be used to perform a variety of functions on the remote.
As the name implies the setup button on the XFINITY remote is a foundational button that is used to set up the remote.
In this article, we will be discussing how to use the setup button on the XFINITY remote to perform some functions.
You will be shown a step by step procedure on how to use the setup button to program your XFINITY remote with your television and also how to use it to reset your remote in case of necessity.
Furthermore, to locate the setup button on the XFINITY remote, pick your XFINITY remote and look at the down right corner of your remote.
This is where you can locate it, or you can look at the numbers on your remote just below where the numbers buttons end you will see another button that is written setup that is your setup button.
What is the Setup Button on the Xfinity Remote?
As we have mentioned earlier the setup button on the XFINITY remote is a round button located at the down left corner of your XFINITY remote just below the numbers.
It is one of the most important buttons on the XFINITY remote that has the word setup written below it.
It can be used to perform a variety of functions on the XFINITY TV box, ranging from setting up and programming.
It is used to set up things on the Xfinity TV box and also perform some troubleshooting.
What the function of the Setup Button on the Xfinity Remote?
The setup button on your XFINITY remote can perform a variety of functions. We have said that it is a fundamental button on the XFINITY remote that could be used to set up, pair or reset the XFINITY remote.
It is also used to unpair an XFINITY remote so that you can connect the XFINITY TV remote to another TV.
As you cannot make use of a remote that has already been paired with a TV to control another TV unless you unpair this remote, then you can pair it with another television.
All these aforementioned functions and processes can be done using the setup buttons, that is why the setup buttons are considered one of the most, if not the most important button on the Xfinity Remote.
We will be discussing extensively how to make use of this setup button to program your XFINITY remote with your television; we will also discuss how to reset your XFINITY remote using the setup button and other information that would be important to you as an XFINITY TV box user.
All you need to do is keep reading to the end.
How to program your XFINITY remote using the Setup Button on the Xfinity Remote
We have said that you can make use of the setup button on the XFINITY remote to program your XFINITY remote.
To do this all you need to do is follow the process below:
- Turn on your XFINITY TV box. When it is turned on and working properly, the next thing you need to do is locate the setup button and long-press it until your XFINITY TV remote light turns from red to Green.
- If you have done this properly you will need to enter 9-9-1 using your remote which will now cause the light to flash in green colour twice.
- After you have done this accurately, you need to locate the CH^ button and press it; keep pressing it until your television turns off.
- Now you’re going to make use of the setup button again. After your television has turned off press the setup button to get the code locked in.
- This will get your remote programmed, and to confirm this you need to press the power button on the remote, if your TV turns on then you have successfully programmed your XFINITY remote using the setup button.
Reset your XFINITY remote using the Setup Button on the Xfinity Remote
The next thing you can do with the XFINITY remote setup button is to perform the factory reset function.
To do this you need to follow the simple and concise process below:
- Locate the setup button on your XFINITY TV remote and when you have found it press and hold it until the LED light or your remote turns to green colour.
- When it does, enter the 9-8-1 code and this will cause your remote to blink twice in green colour.
- The blinks indicate that the remote you are holding has been reset and ready to be paired again or with another television.
- You can also reset your XFINITY TV remote without the setup button, but this guide is for the setup button, so we will only talk about the resetting process using the setup button.
How to pair your XFINITY remote using the Setup Button on the Xfinity Remote
Another function you can perform with the XFINITY TV remote setup button is to pair your XFINITY remote.
- To do this with the XFINITY remote setup button make sure that your remote is properly working and has a good battery in it.
- You need to set your TV input simultaneously with the input that is connected to your XFINITY TV box.
- Now it is time to make use of the setup button to pair your remote. Locate the setup button and long-press it until your remote light changes to Green from red colour.
- Locate the XFINITY button on your XFINITY remote. When you have found it, press it. You will notice that the LED light on your remote will begin to flash Green.
- If you have done this correctly you will get a three-digit pairing code on your XFINITY TV box screen.
- Take note of this code and enter it in your XFINITY remote. This will successfully pair your XFINITY remote with your XFINITY TV box using the setup button on your XFINITY remote.