The unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012] can be caused by different factors and the cause would also determine how you are going to fix this problem.
Before you start trying out the method That has been discussed below, you can try to clear the cache of the device that you are making use of, which may easily solve the problem. If this does not work, then make sure you are making use of the trusted system which you have been using to log in, if not, then make use of the system that you have been making use of to log into your Xbox 360 account as this may fix the Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012] problem.
In some cases, if you have been logging into Xbox One the first time you try to log into Xbox 360 you will be required to perform an account upload.
If this is the case for you, then you have nothing to worry about as we have explicitly discussed how you can go about this process
If you have tried all the aforementioned processes and you are still experiencing the same problem then continue reading this article to find out other ways you can fix the Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012] problem.
The reason we have discussed the solution of Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012] using the Xbox platform and Microsoft platform is that we all know that Microsoft owns Xbox and if you’re experiencing a problem on Xbox you can through your Microsoft account to solve the particular problem depending on the nature of the problem.
Cause of Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012]
If you have been logging in with Xbox One for a long time the first time you will try to login with Xbox 360 you may experience the problem Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012].
This is because you need to enable profile download so that Xbox 360 will recognise your login details so that you can login with your normal login credentials on Xbox.
I think this should not be difficult to understand as to the fact that Xbox recognises your profile on Xbox One, and when you try to login for the first time on Xbox 360 you may have login issues because your profile has not been downloaded on Xbox 360.
What you need to do to fix this particular problem has been explained subsequently.
The solution contains the step-by-step process of how you can get your profile downloaded and ultimately fix the Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012] problem.
How to fix Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012]
The problem unable to log into Xbox 360 due to an error code at 15 1012 is not a strange problem as people have been complaining about this problem especially those that have been logging into Xbox One and for one reason or the other want to log into Xbox 360.
When you try to login into Xbox 360 for the first time after a long time of logging into Xbox One the Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012] expected to occur.
We have discussed the solution to this problem and all you need to do is follow the steps below to fix this problem on Xbox 360.
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the official Xbox website www.Xbox.com using your browser installed on any device be it a computer or your tablet.
- After you have opened this site successfully login into your Xbox account with your details. The sign-in button can be seen at the top right corner of your screen on the Xbox home page.
- When you have logged in the next thing you will need to do is to find your avatar/username, click on it then proceed and click on Xbox settings.
- Then look for the Xbox 360 profile protection in the next menu and click on it.
- A screen would open, when the screen opens look for an option that has the following word spelt out: Xbox 360 consoles that don’t require your password at sign-in
- Under this particular phrase, you will notice that the Xbox 360 which you are trying to log into is under it. And you will also notice that there is an option that says Require Profile Download.
- If this is correct then proceed and click on the option that says Require profile download.
- This will automatically enable the option to download your profile. All you need to do at this point is try to login again using Xbox 360.
After you have tried to log in again you should notice that you will log in freely without the Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012] issues, because your profile has been downloaded into the Xbox 360 and you should login without any problem.
If for one reason or the other this Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012] continues then you can contact the Xbox customer representative.
Another solution to Unable to Login to Xbox 360 [due to Error code 80151012]
Another way to solve this problem is by re-associating the Xbox child account to the parent account.
- To do this select the family tab on your Microsoft account. Use this link to log into your Microsoft account https://account.microsoft.com/family/
- When you are logged into your Microsoft account you need to provide the email address that is associated with the child account that which you want to re-associate with the current account.
- The importance of this is that the child account will be notified through an email as a means of invitation.
- Then you need to log out of your Microsoft account and then login to your child account.
- You will notice a button that says sign in and accept. Click on the button.
It’s important that you know that the email that was sent to your child account can be found only by clicking on the view box.