How to update Disney Plus on PS4 is quite simple. And if you don’t want to experience Disney Plus not working on PS4 it’s important to stay up-to-date with the Disney Plus app. So, in this guide, I am going to walk you through how to access the Disney Plus app in the PS4 apps store and update the Disney Plus app.
Disney rolls out new updates often to fix glitches in the app. This makes the app work perfectly and fixes all error messages. And failure to update to the latest Disney Plus app can affect the functions of the app and causes the app to hang or fail to open. The Disney Plus app can also stuck on the loading screen if you are running an outdated version.
So, to fix all glitches on the Disney Plus app, always make sure that the app is up-to-date.
Meanwhile, to update Disney Plus app on PS4 requires a bit of techie-skill. But, if you can’t find your way around the PS4 store to update the Disney Plus app directly this article will provide a solution to solve the problem for you.
There are two approaches to update Disney Plus on PS4. And both approaches work perfectly but one is better than the other. The first approach is to update the Disney Plus app on your PS4 using a manual approach. And the second method is to set the Disney Plus app to update on your PS4 automatically.
So, in this article, we will discuss how to update Disney Plus app on PS4 manually and also discuss how to set up an automatic approach to update the Disney Plus app on your PS4 so that you can choose what is best for you.
Check Disney Plus App Update on PS4
Before you proceed to download the Disney Plus update on your PS4 and install it, you can quickly check whether there is an update available for you or not.
- Switch on your PS4 console
- Navigate to “Library.”
- Find and select the “Disney Plus app.”
- Press the down button and choose “Check for Update.”
If there is an update available a notification will appear that an update is available and needed to update the select the update to the latest update.
How to Update Disney Plus App on PS4 “Method 1”
Following the steps below you can update the Disney Plus app on your PS4 manually.
- Switch on your PS4 console.
- Navigate to “Library.”
- Find the “Disney Plus App” and navigate to it
- Press and hold the PS4 controller down button.
- Choose “Update” from the popup.
- The PS4 app store [may] open and choose update again.
- Wait for a couple of minutes to download and upgrade the older version.
Do this to update the Disney Plus app on your PS4 game console. However, if you do not want to go through this approach and want your Disney Plus app to update automatically on your PS4 console you should consider the option below.
How to Update Disney Plus on PS4 “Method 2”
This second method gives a similar result to the first method. All you need to do is to get what works for you. So, I am going to quickly highlight how to update to the latest Disney Plus app on your PS4 game console.
- Switch on your PS4 or wake it from rest mode if it has been turned on.
- Sign in to your PlayStation profile account.
- Navigate to the “Disney Plus App” and highlight it.
- Get your “DualShock 4 Controller” and press the “Option” button.
- Take note of the app menu that appears to the right of the screen.
- Scroll down the screen and choose “Check for Update.”
- Press the “X button” on the DualShock 4 controller.
- Once that is done the PS4 will connect to the PS4 apps store and check if there is an update available for you to download.
- If there is an update available, the PS4 network will start downloading it and notify you once the download completes.
- And on the contrary, if you are running the latest Disney Plus app on your PS4 console a message will appear telling you that the “installed application is the latest version.”
This is quick, easy and exact to find, download and install the latest Disney Plus app on the PS4 console.
How to Update Disney Plus App on PS4 via USB
To be able to update the Disney Plus app on your PS4 using a USB cable you must first download the latest version of the Disney Plus app and store it on your USB drive.
- Download the latest Disney Plus App for PS4 and transfer it to your USB.
- Plug the USB into your PS4 game console.
- Start the PS4 in Safe mode.
- Press and hold the PS4 console power key and let it go after the second beep sounds.
- Select the 3rd option that says “Update System Software.”
- Select update from the “USB Storage” device.
- Click on “OK.”
This approach can also be used to update PS4 console firmware on USB. It works perfectly only that you’d need to create a new folder on the FAT32 USB drive and name it PS4 and another folder “UPDATE.”