For the Disney Plus not working on Firestick here is a guide for you. We have made several attempts to the Disney Plus app not working on our Firestick due to the error code 42 that kept the Disney Plus app stuck on the loading screen.
And knowing how you would love to see your Disney Plus app working so to be able to follow your favourites Disney Plus shows or movies or other favourites we have stated some possible ways to fix Disney Plus not working on your Firestick to keep the Disney Plus working as well as able to provide solutions to Disney Plus sound not working on Firestick.
Here is the general approach to fix the Disney Plus app not working on Firestick as well as on Smart TV. But, if this approach failed, then, proceed with the advanced method we concluded on in 2021 to fix the Disney Plus app stuck on the loading screen or sound not working on a Firestick and smart TV.
- Switch on your Firestick or smart TV.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Click on “Application.”
- Choose “Manage installed application.”
- Choose “Disney Plus or Disney +.”
- Select “Clear Cache >> clear data.”
Generally, this approach should fix all error codes emanating from the Disney Plus app including the Disney Plus error code 42 that caused the Disney Plus app to stuck on the loading screen.
For a deeper approach on how you can fix the Disney Plus app not working on your smart TV and Firestick, consider the advanced methods below.
Advanced Method to Fix Disney Plus not Working on Firestick
After a series of attempts, we found that the following fix help to fix and restore Disney Plus stuck on the loading screen on Firestick and Disney Plus error code 42 on Firestick.
- Restart your Firestick
The first approach to restore Disney Plus not working on your Firestick is to first restart your Firestick to normal if you have not restarted for a long time. This is not like to cold-boot your Firestick as against the normal switch off you normally do when you no longer want to use it for the day.
- Switch on your Firestick.
- Navigate to the settings gear icon and select it.
- Navigate and click on “My Fire TV.”
- Click on “Restart” after the “expansion.”
- Choose “Restart” from the popup.
The Firestick device will begin to restart and a message will appear that the device is restarting after which the device will turn off and turn on once the restart has completed. Meanwhile, if you know a better approach to restart your Firestick you can boycott this. All that is matter is for you to restart your Firestick to restore and clear the error why the Disney Plus app isn’t working and stuck on the loading screen.
- Log out and Log in to your Disney Plus Account
Another suggested approach to fix the Disney Plus app when it is stuck on the loading screen is to log out from your account and re-login again.
- Launch the Disney Plus app.
- Click on the settings tab.
- Select “Log out.”
Wait for a couple of seconds for the Disney Plus app to log you out and then re-login again to see whether the error causing the Disney Plus website or app from working on your Firestick has been fixed.
- Clear the Disney Plus Caches & Data
This could be what you need to fix the Disney Plus app stuck on the loading screen on your Firestick after a long search. Meanwhile, clearing the Disney Plus data will remove the login details. So, make sure your Disney Plus login is in a safe place.
- Go to your Firestick apps store.
- Chose “Disney Plus” and open it.
- Choose “Clear cache & data.”
As simple as that. All stored data on the Disney Plus app will be cleared including your Disney Plus password and the app should start working as expected.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Disney Plus App
This is yet another solution to help fix all Disney Plus app error codes if it has to do with the app update. To remove and re-add the Disney Plus app to your Firestick streaming device to fix the stuck on loading screen as well as the error code 42, follow the steps below.
- Go to your Firestick settings or Amazon Fire TV settings.
- Navigate to “Applications” and choose “manage installed applications.”
- Select the “Disney Plus app” from the list.
- Choose “Uninstall” to delete the Disney Plus app from your Firestick.
To reinstall the Disney Plus app follow the steps below. Meanwhile, make sure to restart your Firestick before you proceed to reinstall the Disney Plus app.
- Open the Firestick Home.
- Navigate to the “Search” box above the home button.
- Search for “Disney Plus” using the virtual keyboard.
- Select “Disney Plus” from the search result or pop up.
- Choose “Get” to download and install the Disney Plus app on your Firestick.
Now, you can open the Disney Plus app, sign in to your Disney Plus account using your username and password.
- Update Firestick Firmware
An outdated Firestick firmware might not work with the newest version of the Disney Plus app if there is a conflict between the app and the Firestick firmware. Therefore, to fix the Disney Plus not working on Firestick, updating the Firestick firmware might be a solution to the problem.
- Go to the Firestick settings page.
- Select “My Fire TV.”
- Choose “About.”
- Scroll down the page and choose install “Update.”
If there is an updated available, the system will begin to download the latest update and restart your Firestick to install the update. However, if there is no major update available the system will show a notification that you are running the latest firmware.
- Contact Disney Plus Customer Care
If none of the above solutions fixed the Disney Plus stuck on the loading screen or not working on your Firestick. Then, contacting Disney Plus customer care is advisable.
- Go to the “Disney Plus help’s centre.”
- Choose the option to contact the Disney Plus customer care representative. Here, you can choose either via phone call or chat or a direct message via the email address.
- Provide the error message with a screenshot if possible as this helps Disney Plus to know the type of error you are combating with.
With what we provided above you should be able to fix the Disney Plus not working on Firestick and resolve all related issues such as the Disney Plus app stuck on the loading screen and the Disney Plus error code 42 on Firestick.