Disney plus not working on Samsung TV is an error message that stops the disney plus app from working on your Samsung smart TV. When the Disney Plus stopped working or failed to respond on your Samsung smart TV it may need some advanced tips to fix the error message to get the Disney plus app working again.
On a norm, when the Disney Plus failed to work on Samsung TV 2021 version we could attach the error message easily to the new Samsung smart TV version or the Disney Plus app is outdated and no longer compartible with the new Samsung TV.
So, in this video, I will walk you through some steps to fix the Disney Plus not working on Samsung smart TV to restore the workability of the Disney Plus app on your smart TV.
Meanwhile, we advise you to go through the entire steps to know which one works for you are what work for me may not work for you when it comes to the Disney Plus app failed to respond or load or even work at all on your Samsung TV.
Don’t Miss: How to Activate Twitch TV
How to Fix Disney Plus not Working on Samsung TV
The following are known and suggested method to fix various kind of Disney Plus error on Samsung Smart TV. This error Disney plus not responding, not loading, not connecting, and a whole lot of them.
Restart your Samsung Smart TV
This is recommended once in a while. However, what we will discuss here is far more than just restart the device using the remote press and hold the power button to select restart from the options available.
- Launch the Samsung smart TV.
- Press the “Power” button to turn off the TV.
- Remove the Samsung TV cable from the power source and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the cable to the power source.
- Turn on the TV.
If it has been long you do this with your Samsung TV it could habour tons of error that will be fixed once this is done. With the Disney Plus not working on your Samsung TV, this should help you through before you proceed with the advanced steps below.
Logout the Disney Plus App on your Samsung TV
The first step to think about when the Disney Plus failed to work on your Samsung TV 2021 is to logout the app first and log-in again.
- Launch the Disney Plus app on your Samsung TV
- Navigate and click on your “Profile” icon.
- Tap on the Settings >> Logout.
- Logout all device (if the option is available).
The easiest way to logout the Disney Plus account on all devices including your streaming devices such as the Samsung smart TV you can just click on the “logout all device” option. This will instantly remove your Disney Plus account on all devices that the account was logged in including the mobile app and web browser.
Clear Disney Plus App Caches on your Samsung Smart TV
With too many caches on your Disney Plus app on your Samsung smart TV you might face difficulties in using the app on the device. Therefore, it’s advisable to clear the app cache to restore normalcy.
- Press the “Home” button on your Samsung smart TV remote
- Navigate to “Settings” >> Apps >> All Apps.
- Select the “Disney Plus” App.
- Tap on “Settings”
- Select “Clear Caches.”
Once the app caches has been cleared the app will be restored to normal and it should start working properly.
Update the Disney Plus App to the Latest Version
If you are running the outdated version of the Disney Plus app on your Samsung smart TV you will likely encounter this kind of error. However, it’s advisable to quickly update the Disney Plus app to the latest version.
- Go to your Samsung smart TV apps menu.
- Navigate to the “Featured” apps.
- Find and select “Disney Plus App” from the list.
- Press and hold the enter key on the app until it pops up the option to upgrade app.
- Select “Upgrade.”
Once the upgrade is completed, open the Disney Plus app again and it should be working as expected now.
Uninstall the Disney Plus and Reinstall
This is more like updating the Disney Plus app but this will remove all caches and reinstall the app as a fresh app without a byte of the app remaining on the device.
- Switch on your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the remote “Home” button.
- Choose “Manage Installed Apps.”
- Find the “Disney Plus” app from this list and press and hold the “Home” button on it.
- Hit the delete option to remove the app from your TV.
- Restart your Samsung TV and then proceed to reinstall the Disney Plus app again.
This should be able to fix all problem associated with the Disney Plus app on your Samsung smart TV.
Update your Samsung Smart TV Firmware
An outdated firmware on your Samsung smart TV can cause all apps on the device including the Disney plus app to be malfunctioning. Therefore, we recommend that the Samsung TV firmware be updated to the newest or latest version.
- Press the “Navigation” button on your remote control and select “Settings.”
- Select “Support.”
- Select “Software Update.”
- Select “Auto Update” while your TV is connected to your WiFi or Hotspot.
The Samsung device firmware will be upgraded to the latest version if there is an available firmware to be upgraded to. Alternatively, you can upgrade the TV manually but this will mean that you know the version of your Samsung smart TV otherwise, we recommend automatic approach to make things easier.