A smart TV is a mini-computer with an operating system with OS popularly called firmware or software such as Hisense firmware or Hisense software as most of us call it. So, this OS is subjected to constant updates to fix glitches on the TV and bring in new features. So, in this article, we will consider how to update Hisense smart TV firmware or software to the latest version using different methods.
For those that configured their Hisense smart TV firmware to update automatically whenever there is a new firmware or software available, it will be easier to bypass any glitch and enjoy new features whenever they are available.
So, in this article, we will discuss different methods about how to update Hisense smart TV firmware step-by-step to get the best experience with your smart TV.
Hisense Smart TV is an LG product with the same LG Smart TV quality. So, the process to update LG smart TV firmware is not that different from the same process to follow to upgrade your Hisense TV to the latest update.
If you have a Philips smart TV follow the steps in this article to learn how to upgrade your Philips smart TV firmware.
The process to update a Hisense software is not limited to a single approach which is via the internet. For this, we will discuss how to update your Hisense Smart TV firmware online, from a USB (offline), and by contacting your Hisense TV local consumer support.
How to Update Hisense Smart TV Firmware Online
This is the easiest method to update your Hisense TV software. This works best for a Hisense TV that has an internet connection. The process is simple and is just a click away from you.
Therefore, we will consider how to update your Hisense software online here.
- Switch on your Hisense Smart TV and connect it to the internet.
- Press the “Home” button.
- Navigate to the TV settings.
- Navigate to “Supports” and select the “Enter” button.
- Scroll down using the remote navigation button and select System update.
- Wait for the TV to search for the update from the Hisense database.
- If there is an update available the update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the firmware or software update has been completed the TV will reboot automatically.
And on the contrary, if there is no update available, you should see a message that you are running the latest firmware update on your Hisense TV.
However, to download the latest firmware for your Hisense during the next update, choose “Auto-Update” which allows the TV to download an update from the internet whenever it’s available.
How to Update Hisense Smart TV Firmware from a USB
This method is best for people without internet access to download the TV firmware update directly from the Hisense website and install it via the USB connection to the TV. With this, you can download the Hisense TV firmware from a computer centre or a cybercafe to external storage such as a USB or hard disc and install it on your TV from the external device.
- Go to Hisense Software or firmware download source on your computer.
- Select your Hisense TV model by clicking on the column and selecting the TV model from the drop menu.
- Unzip the firmware on your computer and transfer the installer “upgrade_loader.pkg” into your USB or external storage device.
- Switch OFF the Hisense TV.
- Insert the USB into the TV and turn ON the TV.
- Press and hold the Standby mode button on the remote.
- Press and hold the button until the TV logo appears followed by a notification that the TV software is updating.
- Wait for the update to complete. Do not cold-boot the TV or switch it off. Wait until the update is completed. And within the space of 15 minutes, the TV firmware update from the USB should be done.
Once the update is completed, the TV will restart itself. But if the TV keeps restarting it means that the update fails. Then, you need to repeat the process.
How to Update Old Hisense TV Firmware
This method might not work though, but if you are having an old Hisense smart TV that is due for an update you can try this.
Most of the old Hisense smart TV firmware updates are not available to download online. As such you need to contact your Hisense local customer service on the possibility of updating your TV.
If there is an option available, the representative will let you know and request that you should provide external storage or USB to receive the update and then explain to you how to update your old Hisense with it.
All in all, it’s recommended to stay up-to-date with your Hisense firmware or software whenever you think you want to fix some bugs on your TV or you want to enjoy smooth streaming with the device.
And with this guide, updating your Hisense TV firmware from the internet (online) or using an external storage device such as a USB shouldn’t be an issue any longer.