This guide is about Philips TV software update. The Philips TV is a popular smart TV with resonating resolutions with the best picture and audio quality you can seek in a smart TV.
The TV gives varieties of options to update the firmware to stay ahead of glitches or bugs for 2012 version and above. The most recommended option is to download Philips TV software update to a USB (flash drive) from the official website and update the software manually.
This post will guide you through updating the software of your Philips Smart TV manually using USB.
Table of Contents
You need the following requirements to download and update Philips TV software.
- An empty flash drive.
- Internet access
- Philips software.
- Unzip software.
Here is how they are needed.
- If you own a flash before, you need to format it to make it empty or get a new flash drive.
- You need internet access to download Philips TV software.
- Philips Software to upgrade to the latest software on the smart TV.
- Unzip software is a tool to unzip the Philips software and extra the upgradeable file from it.
How to Download Philips TV update Software
I recommend that you download this software directly from the official site of Philips TV. Follow this procedure to do that.
- Go to the official Philips TV website.
- Navigate to the “Software Update” page.
- Tap “Download under “Software & Driver”
This will download the Philips TV driver to update to the latest version. Do not forget to choose the software language you want to install.
Unzip the Software to your Flash Drive (USB)
Download WinRar and install it on your PC. You can download it from here.
- Go to your PC download folder.
- Right-click on the “Philips TV” software downloaded from the official website.
- Select “Extract all” and unzip it to the USB you connected to your computer.
Once the smart TV software is unzipped, you are ready to install it on your TV.
Philips TV Software Update [USB How to]
You can follow through this guide to update your Philips smart TV software to a higher version.
- Switch on your Philips TV (smart)
- Insert the USB flash drive with the “Software update” to the TV.
- Press ‘Home‘ on the remote control.
- Tap [Setup] > [Advanced] > [Software Update] > [USB].
- Select the software you downloaded from the Philips TV site.
- The TV will reboot automatically after about 5 seconds.
- Installing software updates will appear on the TV screen with the progress bar.
- Once the update is complete, the TV will reboot again after about 5 seconds.
- The TV logo will appear.
- Now, turn “Off” the TV and turn it “On” again.
The software update you downloaded from the official Philips TV website will be installed to replace the old version. However, before you update your Philips smart TV software, you need to check for the updated version.
If the update version number is the same, there is no need to update it.
How Long Does it Take to Update Software on Philips TV
The time it takes to update the Philips TV software depends on the size of the updating files. The whole procedure could last 10 – 20 minutes.
However, during this update, do not turn off your TV and do not interrupt the power source so that the file will not corrupt your TV.