What is the BBC TV code number and how do you enter the code number? If what you are thinking is how to pair your TV with BBC iPlayer, this guide is for you. In the guide, we will discuss the www.bbc.com/account/tv enter code number which covers everything about the BBC TV account and how to use the BBC account pair code to link your smart TV.
With the BBC TV code, you will be able to bring British Broadcasting cooperation to your smart TV at home or work. So, with this, there won’t be a need to stick to the official BBC website to follow your favorite programs.
There is no basic requirement to meet to accomplish this. The only obligation is to create a BBC account on bbc.com/activate/tv to be able to pair your TV when you are asked to enter the BBC activation code on your TV screen.
Therefore, to start with, we will walk you through how to create your BBC account on the official portal “https://bbc.com/account/tv” before we detail how to pair, validate and complete https://bbc.com/actount/tv enter code number.
Create BBC.com/Account/tv Account
To start with, we need to have a valid BBC account to activate the BBC app on our choice of smart TV since the BBC iPlayer app can be used on almost all smart TVs.
Meanwhile, if you are an existing user, kindly skip this step and move to how to add the BBC iPlayer app to your smart TV and enter the code number.
- Open a browser on your PC or smartphone and go to www.bbc.com/account/tv.
- Select “Register” as a new user.
- Choose your age range to help BBC knows the type of content to display for your account. If you are a teenager choose “under 16″ otherwise click on “16 or over.”
- Input your “Date of Birth (DoB) and click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Input your email address, and password, select your country, and click “Register.”
- Sign in your email address and click on the link from BBC iPlayer to verify your account and click on the “Continue” button.
- Choose a “Display Name” for your BBC iPlayer account and select the “Continue” button to proceed.
Now you are ready to enter the BBC iPlayer activation code on your Screen. Meanwhile, you must first download and add the BBC iPlayer app to your TV before you can pair it with your TV on www.bbc.com/account/tv and enter the code number.
Install BBC iPlayer App on Smart TV
All smart TVs have app download stores where users find and add their favourite apps to their smart TV. Therefore, if the BBC iPlayer app is available in your app store just follow the steps below to download and install the BBC iPlayer app on your smart TV.
- Launch your smart TV [Apple/Samsung/LG/Hisense/Vizio/Hitachi].
- Navigate to the TV apps store and search for “BBC iPlayer.”
- Click on the install or Get button to download and install the BBC iPlayer on your smart device.
Once the device has been downloaded and added to your apps store you can then activate the app to start working on your smart TV.
https://www.bbc.com/account/tv Enter Code Number
To enter the code number on https://www.bbc.com/account/tv to activate the BBC iPlayer app on your smart TV follow the steps above to create your BBC iPlaver account for all new customers.
Now, follow all BBC existing customers to activate the BBC iPlayer app on your smart TV by following the steps below to view the BBC iPlayer code for your account activation on https://www.bbc.com/account/tv enter code.
- Open the BBC iPlayer app on your smart TV.
- Select “Sign in” from the popup. And if you are not prompted to sign in select “Switch User” to the top right of the screen.
- Open a browser on your smartphone or computer and go to www.bbc.com/account/tv.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to sign in to your BBC account. Type your email and password and click on the “Sign in” button.
- To sign in to your TV you will see on the screen that you should “Enter the code shown on your TV.” Enter the code and click on “Sign in on your TV” to pair the BBC iPlayer on your TV with the code number you entered.
With the steps above you will be able to complete https://www.bbc.com/account/tv enter code number and start using the BBC iPlayer app on your smart and streaming device.
www.bbc.com/account/tv without a Smartphone/PC
Don’t forget that we discussed www.bbc.com/account/tv enter code number above. But, what if you do not have a smartphone or computer to visit bbc.com/account/tv to activate the BBC iPlayer.
Well, here is an alternative way to activate the BBC iPlayer app on your smart TV without the activation code.
- Go to your smart TV apps section.
- Launch the BBC iPlayer app and click on “Sign in.”
- Take note of the screen asking you to sign in to your account using another device or second device.
- Look closely to the bottom of the device and click on “Don’t have a mobile, tablet or computer”? Press down.
- Press the “Navigation down” button on your smart TV remote.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the activation.
With these steps, you should be able to activate the BBC iPlayer on your smart TV without going to www.bbc.com/account/tv on a smart device and providing the activation code on the screen.
Don’t miss how to watch live football matches on your Android phone using BBC iPlayer app.
BBC.com/account/tv Code Error
The following reasons could be why the BBC iPlayer app and code not working on your smart TV.
- BBC iPlayer app activation code has expired. Of course, the code can expire. The code has 60 minutes validity period after which the code will expire and you would need to generate a new code.
- The activation code cannot be used on two different accounts. This means that you can only use the activation code on a single account and smart TV.
- If you are unable to sign in to the BBC iPlayer on your smart TV using the code number and www.bbc.com/account/tv it means that the device cannot use the BBC iPlayer app.
www.bbc.com/activate/tv Enter Code not Working
If the BBC iPlayer screen didn’t change and load your content when you entered the code to pair your TV and BBC account on www.bbc.com/account/tv, then, try the following.
- Restart the smart TV and start all over again.
- Switch to Ethernet instead of WiFi to connect your smart TV to the internet.
- Switch the video quality from HD to SD.
- Disconnect and reconnect the TV to the internet.
- Update your smart TV to the latest firmware available manually if not set to automatic update.
- Remove the BBC iPlayer app, restart your TV and re-add again.
With the steps in this guide, we have the belief that www.bbc.com/account/tv enter code number is done and dusted and all possible error code roots are known and fixed.