ABC TV offers a linkup solution “abc.net.au linktv” to watch ABC on TV at home on some selected smart TV [called compatible devices]. These Smart TVs already make the ABC TV app for download on their respective apps store. So, it makes it easy to install the ABC TV app, generate the TV activation code and link up both your free ABC TV account and your smart TV on the ABC LinkTV website on www.abc.net.au/linktv.
Apart from just searching and streaming movies or TV shows on ABC TV on your smart TV, you will also have access to your search history. You can also create a whitelist on your device and continue to watch from where you stopped across all your devices.
There is no limitation to what you can watch on ABC TV. It all depends on how much you are willing to inject into the service.
Meanwhile, ABC TV would not ask you to provide your TV provider’s network detail as what most streaming services do.
The essence of the ABC TV code and www.abc.net.au is to grant users access to their watchlist on their ABC account across all their devices.
ABC TV Compatible Devices
This is the official list of ABC TV compatible devices where you can download, install, generate ABC TV code, and visit abc.net.au linktv web portal for activation.
- Apple Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Telstra TV
- LG Smart TV.
For other compatible smart TV kindly visit the ABC TV help centre.
Follow the steps below to link your Smart TV and your ABC TV account together using the unique ABC TV link code, abc.net.au/linktv, and this guide.
Note: This approach work for all ABC TV compatible devices. Just follow it through to the end and you will be able to link your ABC TV to your smart TV.
- Open the ABC TV app on your smart TV [Please follow your Smart TV instruction to download and install the ABC TV app and open it after successful installation].
- Navigate to “Settings” or “Account” within the ABC TV app. This can be done using the TV remote navigation button.
- There are three options available in the App settings. Navigate to “Link Your TV” with the remote button and select it.
- You will see the ABC TB activation code and a web URL:www.abc.net.au/linktv. Take your phone and open a browser on it. Or go to the web address on your computer or laptop web browser.
- Sign in to your ABC account. You can use Facebook or Google option to sign in to your new account or sign up for your ABC account if you do not have an existing account with ABC.
- Enter the ABC activation code and select “Link Your TV and follow the instruction on the screen to activate the ABC TV app.
Note: Do not close your TV screen and do not wait until 20 minutes otherwise the activation code would have expired. However, the ABC TV app auto-generates a new code after 20 minutes of the first code.
Can’t find Abc.net.au LinkTV Code
The essence of the “ABC.NET.AU LINKTV” is to be able to link your ABC account to your [compatible] smart TV with the ABC unique code. However, if you have put everything in place and couldn’t find the ABC TV code for activation you should consider the tips below.
- Launch the ABC TV app on your smart TV.
- Tap on the app menu and select “Settings.”
- Tap on the “Link Your TV” tab.
- You will see the unique code as well as www.abc.net.au/linktv and the instruction to complete the ABC Link TV procedure.
Things should be easy from here henceforth. Do leave a comment if you encounter difficulties while linking your devices.