ABC TV offers a linkup solution “abc.net.au linktv” to watch ABC on TV at home on some selected smart TV [called compatible devices]. These Smart TVs already make the ABC TV app for download on their respective apps store. So, it makes it easy to install the ABC TV app, generate the TV activation code and link up both your free ABC TV account and your smart TV on the ABC LinkTV website at www.abc.net.au/linktv.
Apart from just searching and streaming movies or TV shows on ABC TV on your smart TV, you will also have access to your search history. You can also create a whitelist on your device and continue to watch from where you stopped across all your devices.
There is no limitation to what you can watch on ABC TV. It all depends on how much you are willing to inject into the service.
Meanwhile, ABC TV would not ask you to provide your TV provider’s network detail as most streaming services do.
The essence of the ABC TV code and www.abc.net.au is to grant users access to their watchlist on their ABC account across all their devices.
ABC Link TV
ABC Link TV is a unique link, “www.abc.net.au/linktv” to link and activate ABC on your supported streaming device and smart TV. The ABC link TV is unique and useable for all devices that support the ABC app.
Also, we also should talk about the ABC link TV code that fascinates linking your TV and ABC broadcasting service together.
ABC Link TV Code
You first need to generate and obtain the ABC link TV code from the ABC app from your TV. However, you need to follow the steps below to find the ABC link TV code for your TV or streaming device.
- Open the ABC iView TV app on your TV or streaming device.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Click on the Link Your TV option.
- Your ABC Link TV code will appear on your TV screen.
The Link TV code is unique for the TV alone and cannot be used on other streaming devices o Smart TV.
You need to create a unique login on www.abc.net.au to use and activate the service online and on your smart and streaming devices respectively.
Therefore, we will walk you through the steps to take to create your new www.abc.net.au/lintv login.
- Go to the ABC Net TV link login page.
- Click on:
- Sign up with an email if you are a new user.
- Choose “Log in” if you are an existing user.
- Choose to connect with:
- Choose another sign-up method if you choose not to use your email address.
- Follow the onscreen instruction to complete the whole process of creating your account or login into the ABC iView TV account.
If you can’t remember your login password you can use the “Forgot Password” option to reset and change your login password.
ABC.net.comau/linktv is a webpage to activate ABC TV on all supported devices [as expected]. But the downside is that abc.net.comau/linktv is not a TLD. The ABC TV TLD is an Australia-based TLD [.au]. ABC.net.au is said to have a connection with an Australian organisation or person.
While abc.net.comau/linktv will lead to an inactive page or take you to the default search engine result on your browser, to activate your ABC TV channel on your smart TV and streaming devices, you’ll need to go directly to abc.net.au/linktv.
ABC TV Compatible Devices
This is the official list of ABC TV compatible devices where you can download, install, generate ABC TV code, and visit abc.net.au linktv web portal for activation.
- Apple Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Telstra TV
- LG Smart TV.
For other compatible smart TV kindly visit the ABC TV help centre.
ABC Net AU Linktv Enter Code
ABC net au linktv enter code is what you will see when you want to activate the ABC TV on your smart TV with the activation code on your TV screen.
To link your TV to your ABC TV account you will be obligated to enter the ABC TV activation code on your TV screen on abc.net.au/linktv to link the streaming service and your smart TV together.
The ABC net au linktv enter code is different for different devices. Therefore, to get the activation code you need to follow the steps that we will share with your below.
- Open a browser and go to abc.net.au/linktv.
- Enter the unique code display on your TV.
- Click on “Link your TV.”
The ABC net au linktv enter code on your TV screen will refresh itself automatically.
You first need to generate the abc.net.au/linktv code before you proceed to the ABC broadcasting service activation site. Meanwhile, the abc.net.au/linktv code differs from TV to TV and it expires with time. Once the ABC net.ay/linktv expires, you’d need to generate a new code by refreshing the activation code screen on your TV.
ABC TV Link Code
To be able to stream and view ABC TV on your smart and streaming device you need the ABC TV link code for your device. The ABC TV link code links both your ABC TV account and the TV together.
Therefore, you need to generate the unique ABC TV link code for your smart TV and visit the ABC TV link for activation to complete the process.
- Launch the ABC iView TV app on your smart TV.
- Click on the app Settings option.
- Select the Link Your TV option.
- Locate the ABC TV link code toward the bottom of the app screen.
The steps above are the direction to follow when you are asked to enter the ABC iView TV code.
Follow the steps below to link your Smart TV and your ABC TV account together using the unique ABC TV link code, abc.net.au/linktv, and this guide.
Note: This approach work for all ABC TV compatible devices. Just follow it through to the end and you will be able to link your ABC TV to your smart TV.
- Open the ABC TV app on your smart TV [Please follow your Smart TV instruction to download and install the ABC TV app and open it after successful installation].
- Navigate to “Settings” or “Account” within the ABC TV app. This can be done using the TV remote navigation button.
- There are three options available in the App settings. Navigate to “Link Your TV” with the remote button and select it.
- You will see the ABC TB activation code and a web URL:www.abc.net.au/linktv. Take your phone and open a browser on it. Or go to the web address on your computer or laptop web browser.
- Sign in to your ABC account. You can use Facebook or Google option to sign in to your new account or sign up for your ABC account if you do not have an existing account with ABC.
- Enter the ABC activation code and select “Link Your TV and follow the instruction on the screen to activate the ABC TV app.
Note: Do not close your TV screen and do not wait until 20 minutes otherwise the activation code would have expired. However, the ABC TV app auto-generates a new code after 20 minutes of the first code.
ABC TV is an Australia-based broadcasting service. However, the website abc.net.a/linktv is missing an important “u” for the “Australia” “TLD” domain “au.” Therefore, the correct ABC LinkTV website is abc.net.au/linktv and not abc.net.a/linktv.
Can’t find Abc.net.au LinkTV Code
The essence of the “ABC.NET.AU LINKTV” is to be able to link your ABC account to your [compatible] smart TV with the ABC unique code. However, if you have put everything in place and couldn’t find the ABC TV code for activation you should consider the tips below.
- Launch the ABC TV app on your smart TV.
- Tap on the app menu and select “Settings.”
- Tap on the “Link Your TV” tab.
- You will see the unique code as well as www.abc.net.au/linktv and the instruction to complete the ABC Link TV procedure.
Things should be easy from here henceforth. Do leave a comment if you encounter difficulties while linking your devices.