We cannot adore all the features that are available on our smartphones but there are a few of them that we cannot close our eyes to such as Bluetooth. We can say Bluetooth is one of the most used features of your smartphone before transfer apps like Xender became popular. However, the Bluetooth itself could be frustrating with the Android Absolute Bluetooth features. So, if you are down to earth about your Android disable absolute Bluetooth volume this is a recommended guide for that purpose.
What is Absolute Bluetooth Volume
Absolute Bluetooth volume’s main feature is to allow users to control the volume of the device it’s connected to and the volume of the device either phone or computer with one volume instead of beckoning on the volume control of both devices.
The Absolute volume was first released in 2015 before getting to Windows in 2018. However, if your phone is released shortly after the Absolute Bluetooth volume control is released it’s likely that your device has the feature to control your connected device and the device it’s connected to using one volume button.
Uses of the Absolute Volume Control
Of what use is the absolute Bluetooth control on your device and is there any reason why you should consider the feature a priority while using your phone Bluetooth?
- Send audio information between two connected devices.
- Edit your audio information to match the desired volume level.
- Ability to send audio information from your phone to the connected device.
- It offers one of the quickest ways to control the volume level of your connected device without having to use the control volume on both devices.
- It allows you to detect the change in volume of your device easily.
Why you Should Disable Absolute Bluetooth Volume on your Phone
Despite the fact that the Absolute Bluetooth volume is a unique feature the feature isn’t designed for most phones as most phones cannot handle it.
Some devices encounter audio issues when the absolute Bluetooth volume is enabled. So, if you find out that the absolute Bluetooth is interfering with your phone the best thing to do is to disable the feature and let peace reign with your phone.
How to Enable Developer Mode
The audio absolute Bluetooth volume is hidden in the developer mode section of your phone. That implies that you have to enable the developer mode to turn off the feature.
So, we will walk you through the steps to take to enable the developer mode on your Android. The steps are similar on all Android phones.
- Swipe down your phone notification tray.
- Click on the “Settings” cogwheel to the top right or when you swipe down depending on the settings.
- Click “About Phone” when you scroll down to the bottom of the settings page.
- Click “Version” and tap “Build Number” 7 times continuously.
This will enable your phone developer’s mode. However, you may be prompted to unlock your phone to complete the process if you are using a lock code or fingerprint lock.
Recommended: How to Connect to Sonos Bluetooth
How-to: Android Disable Absolute Bluetooth Volume
The following steps explain Android disable Absolute Bluetooth volume in your phone developer’s mode section.
- Go to your phone “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “System Settings.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose “Developer options.”
- Scroll through the screen gently and click on “Absolute Bluetooth Volume.“
- Disable it.
If there is an option to choose ON/Off just choose the off option or toggle the button to turn off the absolute Bluetooth volume on your device. Once that is done, turn off the phone developer mode option.
How to Disable Developer Mode
Only developers are allowed to use the developer mode options. So, if you are not one it’s advisable to turn off the developer mode on your device. The steps below explain how to revoke the developer mode access on your phone.
- Go to your phone settings.
- System Settings >> Developer option.
- Toggle off the developer mode button.
Once the developer mode is turned off the developer option will disappear in your phone system settings.
How to Enable Absolute Bluetooth Volume on Windows
The Absolute Bluetooth volume came to Windows in 2015 but was not enabled by default. So, if you’d love to use the absolute Bluetooth volume feature on your Windows computer just follow the steps below.
- Press “Win + R” without the quotes to open the Windows Run dialog.
- Type cmd and press the Enter button.
- Copy and paste the command below on the Windows command prompt window: reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT /v DisableAbsoluteVolume /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f.
- Press Enter to run the command.
- You will see “Operation completed successfully.”
- Restart your computer to save the changes you have made.
The changes you made will not be saved until your PC is restarted. So, restart the PC and you are good to go.
Recommended: How to Reset Bluetooth Headphones
How to Disable Absolute Bluetooth Volume on Windows
You can disable the absolute Bluetooth volume on your Windows if it’s interfering with your system audio settings in a way you do not like.
- Press “Win+R” >> Type “cmd” and hit the “Enter” button.
- Copy and paste “reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT /v DisableAbsoluteVolume /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f ” without the quotes.
- Click on the “Enter” button.
Restart your PC and the absolute Bluetooth volume feature you enabled will be turned off.
How to Enable or Disable Absolute Bluetooth Volume with Registry Editor
There is another method to enable and disable the absolute Bluetooth volume on your Windows without using the command prompt. With this, you won’t have to bother about whether the code to enable or disable the feature isn’t correct.
Meanwhile, the Android disable Absolute Bluetooth volume can only be disabled via the developer mode option.
- Click on your Windows search box and type “registry editor” without the quotes.
- Right-click on it and “run as Administrator.”
- Choose “Yes” from the pop-up.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > ControlSet001 > Control > Bluetooth > Audio > AVRCP > CT.
- Open DisableAbsoluteVolume from the right-hand side of the page
- Edit the Value data and type “1″
- Click OK to save changes.
- Restart your computer.
You can also follow the same steps to disable the absolute Bluetooth volume by changing the value data to “0″ instead.