PS4 remote play app is an app for Windows and macOS to turn a laptop computer into a monitor to play PS4 with the help of an HDMI cable. Remote play app is a Sony software for Windows and macOS with a feature to connect your PS4 account to your game console on your laptop using either a USB adapter or an HDMI to project the game console on your laptop or computer screen.
However, when your want to download the PS4 remote play app, I’ll advise you to go straight to the official Sony portal to download the latest version meant for your OS rather than downloading from a third-party site.
Therefore, in this guide, we will redirect you to the official portal to download the PS4 remote play Windows/Mac software for free. But, in this guide, we will put your through the entire process to configure the software, enable the feature to connect to the same network with your PS4, and how to connect turn your laptop to monitor to play PS4 with HDMI.
Table of Contents
Requirements for Remote Play Connection
The following are the basic requirement for remote play connection to work perfectly on your Windows computer and turn your laptop to a monitor for your PS4 game console.
- The laptop that you want to use a monitor.
- Your working PS4 game console.
- A wireless controller. I’ll advise you to get the USB cable or DUALSHOCK 4 USB wireless adaptor. The Wireless adapter allows you to use the controller without using a cable.
- Your PlayStation login to the system must be valid.
- WiFi with a stable internet connection. You can use fast.com to check the strength of your internet connection.
Once you get the above ready. Next, we will proceed to download the PS4 remote play connection software and install it on your Windows computer.
Download PS4 Remote Play App
When you are ready to start playing PS4 on your laptop with a USB adapter or HDMI follow the procedure below to download the app installer on your Windows computer.
- Go to Sony’s official website to download the “RemotePlayInstaller.exe” file.
- Go to your Windows download folder and click on the installer and click “Yes” from the pop-up.
- Select your language in the “Remote play app setup” and click “OK”.
- The Windows OS will start preparing the file installation. This may last for a couple of minutes.
- Click on the “Next” button when the installation wizard shows it.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on the “Next” button as indicated below.
- Select the “Installation folder” or leave it to default and click on the “Next” button.
- Click “Install” to begin the installation process.
- The whole process may take a few minutes while installing the software prerequisite.
After the installation has completed. Click on the “Finish button and you are done with the PS4 software remote connection app.
We are ready to configure the PS4 remote play app to turn your laptop monitor into your game console monitor.
How to Configure the PS4 Remote Play App
The PS4 remote connection software is installed successfully on our laptop with Windows OS. The next thing is how to configure it and enable the remote connection feature.
- Launch the “Remote Play App” on your computer or laptop desktop.
- Click on “Settings” to the bottom left.
- In the PS4 remote play settings. Select “720p” under the “Resolution”, select “High” under “Frame Rate”. Select the “Cable adapter you connected to your laptop, uncheck “Use Keyboard” and click “OK”.
- Click on “Sign in” under “PlayStation Network” and enter your email and password and click “Sign in” to log into your PS4 account.
That is it. The remote play app will be ready to turn your laptop screen to your PS4 game console monitor using the recommended USB adapter.
Before you start the remote play app ensures that the PS4 game console is in rest mode. It should be in reset mode by default. Failure to be in rest mode, go to Settings >> power-saving settings >> set features available in reset mode >> tick “stay connected to the internet”>> enable turning on PS4 from Network”.
If you are facing problems using the PS4 Remote connection app kindly leave a comment below and we will be glad to help you out.