I think the Facebook face recognition didn’t work in the long run which is why no one is talking about it again.
When Facebook recognition was released you can easily use it to find someone on Facebook photos and videos. It seems now that the yawning for the FB face recognition feature has gone down.
Well, if you are searching for how you can easily turn off the Facebook recognition on your Facebook account here is a guide for you.
In this article, we will discuss how to turn off face recognition in Facebook.
Recommended: How to Recover Forgot Facebook Password
How to Turn Off Face Recognition in Facebook
The process of turning off Facebook face recognition varies and depends on the type of device that you are using.
Update: You can no longer turn off face recognition on Facebook on either Android or iPhone. The steps below on how you can disable Facebook face recognition on your mobile are no longer working. However, to turn off the face recognition feature on your FB account you should consider the “Web” option below.
You can take the following steps to turn off Facebook recognition if are using an Android phone.
- Open the “Facebook App” on your “Android.”
- Tap on your “Profile” picture at the top right.
- Scroll down and choose “Settings & Privacy.”
- Click on “Settings.”
- Search for “Face Recognition.”
- Tap on the “Edit Button.”
- Choose “No.”
- Click on the “Save” button to save changes.
For iPhone users, you can take the following steps to disable Facebook face recognition on your device.
- Launch the “Facebook App” on your “iPhone.”
- Tap on the “Menu” icon at the bottom right.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon at the top right before the “Search” box.
- Search for “Face Recognition” using the “Search icon at the top right.
- Tap on the “Edit” button on it when the result comes up.
- Switch from “Yes” to “No” and hit the “Save” button to save changes.
You need a desktop or laptop computer to do this. Follow the steps below on your computer to see how you can turn off face recognition on your Facebook account.
- Go to “web.whatsapp.com” on your computer.
- Choose your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Click on “Settings & privacy.”
- Select “Privacy Shortcuts.”
- Select “See more Privacy Settings” under “Privacy Shortcuts.”
- Select “Face Recognition” on the left menu.
- Tap on the “Edit” button on “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos.”
- Choose “No” from the options.
Note: The Face Recognition setting is no longer available and the experiences it made possible have been disabled. If your setting was turned on, we can no longer recognize you and your template will soon be deleted.