Before you do a factory reset of your phone you MUST remove your Google account from it even if you can’t remember the password except you know how to do a Google password reset to change the password. So, in this guide, we will save you the stress of changing your Google account password and we will walk you through how to remove Google account from phone before resetting it.
Since Google allow users to keep multiple accounts at the same time you may need to make your personal Google account private and remove it from your phone or iPhone. At the same time, it’s advisable to remove your Google account from your phone before giving it out or passing it to another person to take ownership of it.
How to Remove Google Account from Phone
Note that everything you do on your Android phone is tied to your Google account. And removing the Google account from your phone. Removing your Google account will remove all Google services and products associated with the account on your phone but this won’t delete these services on your phone.
The steps below work on all Android phones when you want to remove or delete a Google account from the OS. However, the configuration might be different but the result is the same.
- Go to your “Android Phone” settings.
- Scroll down and click “Users & accounts.”
- Tap “Google.”
- Click on the “Google Account” you want to remove from the device.
- Click on the “3 dots” opposite “Account and sync.”
- Choose “Remove Account.”
- Click on “Remove account” from the pop-up.
This should remove the account from your phone. However, do well to type the account password when you are prompted to do so.
The steps below will help you to remove your Google account from your phone iPhone or iPad if you no longer want to keep the account on the device. Meanwhile, this won’t delete your Google account as you can always add the account later.
- Go to your “iPhone Settings.”
- Scroll down and click on “Mail.”
- Tap “Accounts.”
- Choose the “Google Account” you want to delete or remove.
- Choose “Delete” from the options.
- Tap “Delete from My iPhone.”
The Google Gmail account will be removed from your iPhone and you can do well to add it when you need it following the same process.
How to Remove Google Account from Chrome
You can remove your Google account from your Chrome browser by following the steps below.
- Launch the “Chrome” browser on your “PC” or “Mac.”
- Click on the rounded edge “Profile” icon at the top right of the Chrome browser just before the “Menu” dots.
- Be sure that the “Google Account” whose profile you want to remove is selected and sync.
- Tap on the “Settings” gear icon under “Other Profiles.”
- Tap on the “3 dots” on the “Google Account Profile”.
- Hit the “Delete” tab.
- Choose “Delete” from the popup.
This will delete the Google account from the Chrome browser. Also, it will delete the account browsing history, auto-fill data, sign-in methods and bookmarks.
How to Remove Google Account from Computer
You can remove your Google account from your computer remotely using any available internet-enabled devices. Taking the steps below will walk you through how you can remove your Google account from your computer remotely.
- Visit the “Google webpage” on any device and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the “Security” option on the left pane.
- Click on “Manage all Devices” under “Your Devices.”
- You will see all lists of devices where your Google account is/are added.
- Select the “Phone” you want to remove your account from and choose the option to “Sign out.”
The steps above will remotely remove your Google account from your computer remotely.