Whether your WiFi or Router is new, it’s a bad experience if you can’t connect your smart TV to your WiFi. Most especially if can’t connect your Vizio smart TV to WiFi at home or in your office. There, in this article, we will suggest at least 6 methods to fix can’t connect Vizio TV to WiFi that is currently working.
If you are new to connecting your Vizio smart TV to WiFi without a remote or the menu back button, check out our explicit guide on how to connect Vizio TV to WiFi without a remote and back menu key.
For a malfunctioning Samsung smart TV remote that is not working but blinking red light, we also provide a fix for it in this guide.
Meanwhile, before we proceed to how to fix Vizio TV can’t connect to WiFi in this article, let us quickly run through some of the causes of the WiFi issues with your Vizio smart TV.
Cause of Vizio TV Can’t Connect to WiFi
Below are some of the reasons why you can’t connect your Vizio smart TV to your WiFi or mobile Hotspot.
- There is a connection problem between your Vizio smart TV and the WiFi or Router.
- The WiFi security settings are blocking your Vizio TV from connecting to the WiFi.
- There is a problem with your internet network provider.
Note that WiFi or Router settings are designed to block malware. Therefore, it may cause a problem with your device whenever you want to connect with it.
How to Fix Can’t Connect Vizio TV to WiFi or Router
The following ways are the methods to follow to fix your Vizio TV won’t connect to WiFi. Do well to try all the suggested approaches. If the first fixes fail to help you reconnect your Vizio TV to your WiFi, check the second suggestion until you find a solution that helps you fix the Vizio smart TV won’t connect to WiFi.
Check your WiFi or Router Speed
The first step to take is to check the speed of your WiFi. If the speed is low, it’ll be difficult to connect your Vizio TV to it. The approach I will be sharing with you hear depends on the WiFi or Router you are using. Meanwhile, the method is the same for all routers.
- Go to your WiFi or Router’s admin page.
- Sign in to your Router’s account with your username and password.
- Select “Home” and you should see your signal strength.
At this point, you should be able to say whether the network strength is low or the signal power to let you connect your Vizio TV to the WiFi.
Recycle or Cold Boot your Vizio TV & WiFi or Router
If the Vizio TV can’t connect to WiFi then you need to recycle or cold boot your Vizio smart TV and router. The essence of this is to clear both the router and Vizio TV memories and fix all glitches.
- Turn off your Vizio smart TV and router/WiFi.
- Unplug both devices from the wall socket
- Wait for about 5 minutes and plug the devices into the wall socket and switch them on.
- Go to your Vizio smart TV network section and click on the name of the WiFi.
- Enter your password and see whether you will be able to connect to the WiFi.
If you still can’t connect to the WiFi with your Vizio smart TV, then, try the next fix.
Turn off & Turn On DHCP
Dynamic host configuration protocol is responsible for uniting your WiFi-enabled device and the WiFi. So, if the feature is turned off your device will not be able to connect to your WiFi.
- Press the “Menu” button on your Vizio smart TV remote.
- Navigate to “Network” and press the “OK.”
- Choose “Manual >> DHCP.”
- Enable or turn on the “dynamic host configuration protocol” if it’s turned off.
Meanwhile, if the DHCP is turned on while you are unable to connect your Vizio smart TV to the WiFi. Just turn it off and turn it on again.
Try to connect your Vizio smart TV to the WiFi and see whether the Vizio TV won’t connect to the WiFi has been fixed.
Connect your Vizio Smart TV to your Router or WiFi using Ethernet
If you haven’t connected your Vizio smart TV to your Router or WiFi using the ethernet cable do not lose hope yet. The difference between connecting your device to your WiFi using the ethernet is that it only requires the ethernet cable instead of connecting to the Router wirelessly.
- Insert the Ethernet cable one end to your Vizio smart and the other end to the WiFi or Router.
- Go to “Network” and select “Wired.”
- Click on the name of your wired device or router connected to your TV and connect to it.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and you should see a confirmation message that you have successfully connected to your WiFi or Router using the ethernet.
Were you able to connect to your WiFi or Router using the steps above? If no, let’s take a look at another means to resolve this Vizio Tv can’t connect to WiFi.
Enable WPA-PSK [TKIP] on your Router
It’s observed that the Vizio smart TV works better when the WPA-PSK [TKIP] encryption is turned on. So, we will bank on this and enable the WPA-PSK [TKIP] on your WiFi or Router to see whether it will provide a lasting solution to the Vizio smart TV can’t connect to your WiFi.
- Sign in to your Router admin page and select “Settings.”
- Choose “Wireless >> Wireless Settings” and click on the “Wireless Security Mode.”
- Choose “WPA/WPA2-PSK.”
- Click on the “Apply” button to the bottom right.
Restart your Router and reconnect your Vizio smart TV to the WiFi to see whether it’ll be successful. Still no way to connect your Vizio TV to your WiFi? Move to the next suggestion.
Reset your Vizio Smart TV
The last option in this article is to consider resetting your Vizio Smart TV to the default settings. Although, this method will erase all personal settings and apps from the TV but may fix all errors affecting the TV from connecting to your WiFi.
- Press the “Home” button on your Vizio TV remote.
- Press the “Menu” option
- Use the remote arrow key to highlight the TV “System” option and press “OK” to select it.
- Navigate to “Reset & Admin” and press the “OK” button.
- Choose the TV “Reset TV to Factory Default”
We believe that with this article you will be able to fix can’t connect Vizio TV to WiFi.