With the Vizio keys or panel, you can control your Vizio TV without the remote such as do a factory reset of your Vizio TV or connecting your Vizio TV to your WiFi. So, if your concern today is how to connect Vizio TV to WiFi without remote I will show you the exact procedure that I follow to connect my Vizio TV to WiFi without remote.
The fact is that the Vizio TV remote makes it easy to navigate your TV while seating comfortably on your Sofa. And on the contrary, to control your Vizio TV you need to make use of the TV keys such as when you want to connect your Vizio Smart TV to the WiFi in the absence of your remote.
If you have used some other smart TVs such as Samsung smart TV or Apple TV or Haier TV this should be easier for you.
The Vizio smart TV control without remote comes effortlessly in a situation where your Vizo TV remote is out of reach or the TV remote is damaged and you need to connect your Vizio TV to the internet.
If you have lost your Vizio TV remote and need to connect your Vizio TV to your Router or WiFi then you will find this article interested and it will end all your search on how to connect Vizio smart TV to WiFi without remote.
If your Vizio TV is malfunctioning and you are thinking about resetting it, here is a complete article on how to factory reset Vizio smart TV to default.
How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without Remote
There are two major approaches you can follow to connect your Vizio smart TV to your WiFi without remote. We will quickly brief you with the two methods and further detail how to accomplish the task.
- Universal Remote Control
- Vizio SmartCast App
- Ethernet Cable.
If your Vizio smart TV doesn’t have a port for the ethernet cable you can make use of the universal remote option. But if it has, it is an added advantage for you and as such you will be able to choose the best method to follow on how to connect your Vizio TV to your WiFi without remote.
But if you want to economize your resource you can just go for one of the two options, that is, either the universal remote or ethernet cable to help you connect your Vizio smart TV to the WiFi without your remote.
The approach to use either the ethernet cable or universal remote to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi without remote is basic for all Vizio devices. However, if the approach didn’t work for you it could mean that your Vizio TV is outdated.
How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi with Remote using Ethernal Cable
First, we will consider the simple approach to connect your Vizio TV to your WiFi without remote using your ethernet cable. However, if you do not have an ethernet cable at home then you need to grab one from a nearby store or from on online store such as Amazon.
- Turn your Vizio TV to the back and locate the ethernet cable port.
- Insert the ethernet end to the Vizio smart TV ethernet port and make sure that it’s fully affirmed.
- Locate the ethernet cable port on your WiFi which can be found at the back or somewhere around the WiFi. There may be multiple ethernet ports available, insert the ethernet cable head to the port [Lan1 or Lan2 or Lan3].
- Press and hold the WiFi power button for about 2 seconds and release the button to turn on the WiFi or router.
- Press the Vizio TV power button at the back or side of the TV to turn on the TV.
- Find the Vizio smart TV menu button and press it. If your Vizio TV didn’t have the menu button press the input/source button to pop up the smart TV source or menu.
- Use the Vizio TV volume button to navigate to Network and press the Menu button just once to select it.
- On the Network connection interface select Wired Network since you are using your ethernet cable.
Now, your Vizio smart TV should be connected to the WiFi without using your remote using your Wired network connection option in the Vizio TV network connection settings.
How to Connect my Vizio Smart TV to WiFi without Remote using Vizio Smartcast App
Vizio Smartcast app is mainly designed for Vizio Smart TV to help users out in time like this using their mobile phone. Therefore, here, we will discuss how to connect my Vizio smart TV to WiFi without remote using the Vizio smartcast app for smartphones.
- Download and install the Vizio Smartcast app for your device. The remote app is available for both Android and iPhone/iPad users.
- Select how you want to use the app. If you want to use the smartcast app as a registered user you must create an account or use the app as a guest.
- Choose “Select Device” on the screen and this option will force the Smartcast app to search for all available devices on the network. Now, choose “Get Started” to begin.
- Select Vizio Smart TV as the TV you want to connect to.
- The Vizio TV will pop up 4 codes to link your TV and app together, then enter the code on the Vizio screen.
- Once the code or PIN entered has been validated you will be able to use your phone as a remote control to control your Vizio TV.
And as it stands, you will be able to use the Vizio Smartcast app to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi without your Vizio remote.
How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without Remote using a Universal Remote
It’s recommended that every household should have at least a universal remote control or universal remote app on their smartphone in case of emergency. The universal remote app or control serves as an advanced remote control to be used when the primary remote to your device is misplaced or not working.
Since most universal remote apps have the option to find your TV name from the list available and set up the remote app to control your TV, it then makes it easy to navigate your smart TV settings if the primary remote is out of place or not working.
However, for most of the universal remote apps to work you first need to connect your smartphone and smart TV to the same WiFi. And since the goal is to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi without remote this option might not work for you.
Therefore, we will recommend getting a universal remote control to serve as a backup at home to your primary remote.
A viable universal remote at Amazon should cost around $15 and all the stresses of not getting a remote to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi will come to an end.
And for those that would love to try to use the Universal remote app for smartphones here is a quick recap on how to use the app to your advantage.
- Download and install a universal remote app from your smartphone apps store. The following universal remotes will give you what you need: Galaxy Universal Remote, AnyMote Smart IR Remote, or IR Universal Remote.
- Depending on the universal remote app you downloaded and installed on your phone, launch the remote app and search for the name of your smart TV. For Vizio smart TV, search for Vizio and it should come up instantly and select it.
- The app will pop up a connection code then enter the code on the column provided. This is a mere code to pair your smart TV and the universal remote together.
- Find the “WiFi” option and click on the connect button to connect to the WiFi.
Once the access has been granted you will be able to control your TV with the universal remote on your TV and as such, you will be able to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi without remote at home.